Any R4S Dongle owners here?

• miseryguts 8 Sep 2018 20:38:13 245 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago

I like the look of this certainly for the emulation possibilities & the price seems pretty reasonable too.. anybody own one/what do folk think?
  • Cadence 8 Sep 2018 21:37:36 2,274 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    No idea but the guy's voice in the video is very relaxing.
  • neilka 8 Sep 2018 22:15:12 22,464 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Is it like an RJ45 dongle?
  • miseryguts 8 Sep 2018 23:10:03 245 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @neilka

I've no idea.. I'm just trying to compile a bit of owner feedback.
  • TheSaint 8 Sep 2018 23:19:25 18,416 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Strange how all the people that buy hardware to pirate sorry ‘emulate’ games don’t want to shout about it from the roof tops.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 9 Sep 2018 18:15:17 3,405 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I only use my DS flashcarts for fan translations of games I already own ;). (and I used it to play some games I owned while I was in Korea and most kf my games weren't (in Korea people thought I was strange when I actually paid for games...)). I know I am the minority though. I am tempted by one for 3DS just toget my o3DS which is too up to date firmwarewise for other methods to work for import games again (I want DQ XI to join my Theatrhythm DQ) and potentially future fan translations.
  • el_pollo_diablo 9 Sep 2018 21:18:10 2,921 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I did CFW my PSP and it was kind of a revelation being able to play all my old PS1 games on there, like Tony Hawks 2 etc.

Whilst I have no desire to hack my Switch I am always interested in the specifics of getting these things to work. I remember hacking that PSP with a special battery(!).
  • b-rk 9 Sep 2018 21:33:38 886 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Can't Nintendo just update the firmware to render this thing pointless?
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 9 Sep 2018 21:53:15 3,405 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The idea is that most CFWs allow you to spoof newer firmware so you still have functionality if running newer games and stores. For me my o3ds is my backup now that I have an n3DS (transferring my profile is what forced the too high firmware for me) so I wouldn't associate it with ny profile or go online, just use it to play Japanese games we didn't get and potentially future fan translations (although the Doom port on my old CFW on my o3DS was surprisingly decent).

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.