Uefa Nations League Page 3

Next Last
  • Armoured_Bear 20 Nov 2018 20:53:08 25,100 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    Has McLeish finally got rid of hoof ball?
    Looks like it, Christie, Forrest and McGregor looking great.
    Lovely assist from Christie for the 2nd goal.
  • Vortex808 20 Nov 2018 21:07:50 12,940 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    \o/

Going ok so far after an iffy start.
  • Armoured_Bear 20 Nov 2018 21:08:20 25,100 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Forrest hat-trick!
  • Vortex808 20 Nov 2018 21:19:05 12,940 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    /sphincter twitches

O_o
  • Armoured_Bear 20 Nov 2018 21:21:42 25,100 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh dear, Israel goal, disaster for Scotland imminent!
  • Armoured_Bear 20 Nov 2018 21:22:43 25,100 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Such a shame that we have an idiot like McLeish in charge, weíve some decent young players these days.
  • Jono62 20 Nov 2018 21:43:40 21,586 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    He is pants.
  • Armoured_Bear 20 Nov 2018 21:54:11 25,100 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    He is pants.
    Certainly is, he wasnít unemployed for the last 3 or 4 years for no reason.

Look at Forrest, best player in Scotland for the last year but McLeish just refused to pick him again and again. He eventually does after all the call offs and look what happens
  • docrob 20 Nov 2018 22:19:47 1,067 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Jono62 wrote:
    He is pants.

Look at Forrest, best player in Scotland for the last year but McLeish just refused to pick him again and again. He eventually does after all the call offs and look what happens
    To be fair, prior to this week Forrest had collected 24 caps and contributed the square root of fuck all in the process. Amazing as he has been in the last two games, painting him as hard done by is a wee bit disingenuous.

I was delighted when we went 3-1 up as I thought that, just for once, we might not make life hard for ourselves. Then we decided it was a good idea to stand off the Israelis and let them shoot, because that worked so well earlier. Why do we have to do it the hard way EVERY time?

It was all about the result tonight though and I donít care how it was achieved. We got there, weíve been promoted to a less embarrassing level, and now we have two shots at qualifying for Euro 2020. Canít say fairer than that.
  • Armoured_Bear 20 Nov 2018 22:39:19 25,100 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    docrob wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Jono62 wrote:
    He is pants.

To be fair, prior to this week Forrest had collected 24 caps and contributed the square root of fuck all in the process. Amazing as he has been in the last two games, painting him as hard done by is a wee bit disingenuous.

I was delighted when we went 3-1 up as I thought that, just for once, we might not make life hard for ourselves. Then we decided it was a good idea to stand off the Israelis and let them shoot, because that worked so well earlier. Why do we have to do it the hard way EVERY time?

It was all about the result tonight though and I donít care how it was achieved. We got there, weíve been promoted to a less embarrassing level, and now we have two shots at qualifying for Euro 2020. Canít say fairer than that.
    Forrest was until 18 months ago, inconsistent for club and country but since then he's been outstanding. He scored 4 goals in one game for Celtic and was on the bench 4 days later for Scotland under donkey McLeish.

Anyway, I thought we played well and some decent football, Fletcher was excellent as well. shame we did the usual when 3-1 up but that's to be expected with such a dinosaur of a coach as McLeish.
  • docrob 20 Nov 2018 22:48:31 1,067 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Much as I think McLeish is a hopeless numpty, I donít think itís his fault our players decided not to close Israel down and let them shoot from outside the box when they had already lost one goal that way.

Oddly, I think our biggest stroke of luck was the injury to Kieran Tierney. He is a good player, but Andy Robertson is unquestionably better, and they play in the same position. The crap result in Israel was partly down to McLeishís obsession with getting both of them on the pitch at once, which results in a completely unbalanced team.

Edited by docrob at 22:49:04 20-11-2018
  • Armoured_Bear 20 Nov 2018 23:09:54 25,100 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    docrob wrote:
    Much as I think McLeish is a hopeless numpty, I donít think itís his fault our players decided not to close Israel down and let them shoot from outside the box when they had already lost one goal that way..
    Who knows what his instructions were.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.