Following Assassin's Creed Odyssey Page 19

• DUFFMAN5 2 Nov 2018 13:25:24 24,620 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @robthehermit
    Thank you mate, I don't think I'm anywhere near chapter 5.
    I have just off'd my pater but not pater! Cheers
  • robthehermit 2 Nov 2018 14:16:55 7,367 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Post deleted
  • robthehermit 2 Nov 2018 14:16:56 7,367 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 Are you back on this now then? I thought you were going to be all about Red Dead for the foreseeable future.
  • Deleted user 2 November 2018 15:06:52
    robthehermit wrote:
    @GarlVinland You've probably already discovered this, but poison is your best friend in Origins. You can wipe out an entire camp with one or two darts if you're patient enough.
    I'll be honest, I spent my skill points towards getting a legendary camel (Backstore skill) at the expense of all else, so I don't have poison darts yet. :) Just unlocked Berserk and sleep darts over the last few levels, I'm way behind on the combat curve, but I have maximum style points.

Or I will once I have enough money to buy the camel. :confused:
  • DUFFMAN5 2 Nov 2018 17:31:25 24,620 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    robthehermit wrote:
    @DUFFMAN5 Are you back on this now then? I thought you were going to be all about Red Dead for the foreseeable future.
    I am mate, just wanted to pop on and see/play the new bit. I am certainly prioritising RDR as my single player fair though.
  • b-rk 2 Nov 2018 20:54:47 937 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    just bought this, what am i in for? how's the pc version?
  • richyroo 3 Nov 2018 23:53:05 367 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @b-rk PC version runs like Origins. Stutters in towns and cities, silky smooth everywhere else.

Overal dial down a few settings and it runs good most of the time.

I just finished the game earlier today. Thoroughly enjoyed it and one of my games of the year.

Edited by richyroo at 23:53:22 03-11-2018
  • ChiefGB 4 Nov 2018 01:03:01 10,842 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Picked up the gold ed for my one x, managed to get it for under £50 so seemed a good time to bite. Putting away till Xmas though.
  • b-rk 4 Nov 2018 02:10:16 937 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    why
  • ChiefGB 4 Nov 2018 07:08:59 10,842 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Why lol, really digged the look of it since reveal. Knew it would go cheap at some point so put it on my radar. Found a way to buy it at a price I was happy with but don’t need it now, boom.
  • b-rk 5 Nov 2018 06:00:20 937 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    what's the hook to this game? it seems quite boring. combat is ok i guess, i've climbed the big penis. not sure what to do next.
  • DUFFMAN5 5 Nov 2018 06:44:37 24,620 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    b-rk wrote:
    what's the hook to this game? it seems quite boring. combat is ok i guess, i've climbed the big penis. not sure what to do next.
    ?
    So you are how many hours in ?
    Do you like AC games, especially Origins ?
    Do you like highly polished (well mostly ;) ) action adventure type rpgs ?

When you say you are not sure what to do next, I do not understand. So climbing up a big big penis (your words, not mine!) is not enough for you man!!!! :)
  • b-rk 5 Nov 2018 07:33:50 937 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    climbing the willy was quite fun. i liked the very first creed but haven't liked any since, too much verticality. holding up on the stick to watch the italian assassin man climb got boring. i dunno, this seems ok, the controls are responsive, not too much climbing but what's there to hook me in? the minute-to-minute gameplay isn't thrilling me. maybe i'm too used to destiny shiny things dropping. more shiny things (balls) would be good.

edit

not actual balls, as in uh... loot that rolls around, like down a hill.

Edited by b-rk at 07:35:33 05-11-2018
  • DUFFMAN5 5 Nov 2018 07:38:30 24,620 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @b-rk
    It does have a great deal of loot and dress up barbie. Maybe give it a couple more hours, but if it hasn't clicked by then, might be time to move on. You are not a fan of the series, so maybe that is the problem. I will say however that the latest Creed's are very different from the earlier ones, so that should not necessarily stop you having fun.
  • b-rk 5 Nov 2018 07:41:13 937 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    ok loot sounds good. i'll press on with it.
  • robthehermit 7 Nov 2018 09:17:13 7,367 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    From Ubisoft's monthly update:

Mythical Creature

A new Mythical Creature, Steropes the Cyclops, will be waiting for you in his lair on November 13. A new quest named The Lightning Bringer will appear in your quest log and will take you to the one-eyed monster.
    Defeating the Cyclops will be a high-level challenge, and should you manage to succeed you will be rewarded with a Legendary Bow. There will be no time limit, so prepare properly and take it down at your own pace!

New Game Features
    Thanks to your feedback, we updated the game with new features that will help you have the best experience possible in Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

CUSTOMIZATION:

We are excited to share that in an upcoming title update, we will add a visual customization system that allows you to add a visual layer on top of your gear. This will will allow you to combine the stats of one item and the appearance of another into the same slot. So you won't have to decide between having good stats and looking good in-game!

LEVEL CAP:

Later this month we will increase the level cap by no less than 20 levels. This will be available for all players. For our players who have reached level 50, the XP earned before the level cap update will be rewarded with new ability points.
  • Deleted user 8 November 2018 11:43:22
    Transmog! New legendary bow! Useless ability points! Yay!

Hope they give us new passives to spend those levels on otherwise they're getting spent on active abilities that can't be assigned, there are more than enough ability points available as it is.

Got my second legendary from Oikos of the Olympians, this time after 5 loot boxes instead of 13 like last time. Plus the legendary mace on sale this week costs only 20 Ori.

They're really going all in on the Diablo-style RPG elements, I love it.
  • robthehermit 13 Nov 2018 14:33:42 7,367 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Steropes is live now.

They really need to hurry up with the level cap increase, I'm almost out of locations to clear up.
  • b-rk 14 Nov 2018 11:55:19 937 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    don't get your weapon out around chickens. holy shit.
  • robthehermit 14 Nov 2018 12:13:16 7,367 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Yeah, death by chicken is both hilarious and infuriating in equal measure.

Here lies Kassandra the Eagle Bearer, slayer of the mighty Minotaur, vanquisher of the fearsome Cyclops and winner of a staring contest with Medusa. Killed by some chickens while out doing some shopping.
  • Garfy 14 Nov 2018 15:01:10 1,372 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    And finished the main plot threads. 90 hours thoroughly enjoyed.

It's going to be tough picking my game of the year with this, spiderman and god of war. Never mind red dead or hitman that I haven't played yet.
  • Deleted user 14 November 2018 15:22:52
    Easy choice for me. It's Monster Hunter! Followed by Odyssey, loved it so so much. If it had nailed the ending it would probably be top, but it sadly didn't.

Choice made easier having not start God of War or Red Dead yet, although complicated by Hollow Knight...
  • b-rk 14 Nov 2018 16:49:52 937 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    my heart sank when the next mission is a stealth mission. i mustn't be seen. it is called assassin's creed tbf so...it's about assassinating things. like chickens.
  • robthehermit 15 Nov 2018 14:40:30 7,367 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Shiny new patch:

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Update Version 1.07 Full Patch Notes

SUMMARY

Increased Level Cap from 50 to 70.
    Improved Photo Mode functionality.
    Added Detailed Mercenary Benefits page to the game.
    Improved Smart Loot System – it will now reward more gear of preferred playstyle.
    Added an option to the game to toggle XP and drachmae boosts on/off in the inventory.
    Addressed an issue that could prevent Mercenary Live Events from appearing.
    Addressed various issues that prevented quests from completing – including Home Sweet Home, Perikles’ Symposium, and Mother’s Prayers.
    Clothes Physics are not capped to 30FPS anymore but scale with selected graphics settings.

NEW CONTENT

Added support for the second Lost Tale of Greece – A Divine Intervention.
    The quest “Test of Judgment” will be available in-game upon installing version 1.0.7.
    Available from Episode 5.
    Located in Korinth, the quest will be added to the quest log once the quest giver was found.

Visual Customization System

Added a Visual Customization System page to the inventory.
    This lets you change the visual appearance of gear items while keeping their original stats.

Detailed Mercenary Benefits page

You can now access the Detailed Mercenary Benefits page from the Mercenary menu.
    The Detailed Mercenary Benefits page will showcase all Tier Benefits and their statuses (unlocked/not unlocked).

Level Cap Increase to 70

If you were Level 50 already, XP gained prior to this increase will automatically be transferred into ability points. XP gained prior the patch will not increase the Level.
  • robthehermit 15 Nov 2018 14:41:42 7,367 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I've been lvl 50 for some time, and was awarded 8 additional attribute points.
  • Deleted user 15 November 2018 14:54:52
    Cheers, it's live already? Puts a dent in my plans to play Diablo if so...
  • robthehermit 15 Nov 2018 15:03:32 7,367 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Yep, it's live. 2.6GB update.
  • Deleted user 15 November 2018 15:08:06
    Cheers, I've been lvl 50 for ages and doing at least the dailies and weeklies since, lets see what level I end up at.
  • robthehermit 15 Nov 2018 15:15:07 7,367 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    You'll still be at level 50, but you'll get bonus attribute points to spend on skills you don't want or need. I guess technically I was lvl 58 then.
  • Deleted user 15 November 2018 15:16:51
    Ahh, gotcha. Sounds kinda pointless then. :) Ah well, I'll take the transmog system for sure.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.