Following Assassin's Creed Odyssey Page 22

Next Last
  • pacrifice 22 Jan 2019 16:49:22 4,589 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Do you start off with the hidden blade or do you have to level up and acquire it later (like origins)?
  • TheMilkman 22 Jan 2019 22:28:28 589 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Tuffty That's actually a really hard spike that boar. You need to unlock a perk that allows you to regen health from the warrior tree, and probably level up a bit first for that one.

Or do what I did - kill some civilians so you get bounty hunters after you and then lure them to the pig. They'll fight the big one while you deal with the littluns.
  • TheMilkman 22 Jan 2019 22:28:28 589 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Tuffty That's actually a really hard spike that boar. You need to unlock a perk that allows you to regen health from the warrior tree, and probably level up a bit first for that one.

Or do what I did - kill some civilians so you get bounty hunters after you and then lure them to the pig. They'll fight the big one while you deal with the littluns.
  • Red_Bool 28 Jan 2019 08:41:56 1,733 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I had all but forgotten that there also was a modern time 'story'. Kassandra's story and the larger side quests are really quite good, but yesterday I got pulled out of the Greek world and that was very annoying. Luckily it was brief and I hope it is kept to a minimum.
  • Not-a-reviewer 28 Jan 2019 09:05:41 5,500 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I donít know why they bother with the modern day story part of these. Itís never worked and is completely irrelevant to the game.
  • robthehermit 28 Jan 2019 11:36:46 7,129 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    There's only a few bits of modern day stuff in the game, the first one is pretty much entirely optional as you can just jump straight back in the animus without doing anything else, the other couple take a bit longer but at least they've got some exploration and stuff to keep you occupied rather than the pointless exposition of the earlier games.
  • richyroo 1 Feb 2019 13:31:53 323 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The modern day stuff, although limited was actually done very well in Odyssey.

Without spoiling anything, I would say there were parts of it which were excellent and tied into the past very well. There was certainly nothing irrelevant regarding these scenes.

Edited by richyroo at 13:33:27 01-02-2019
  • Red_Bool 1 Feb 2019 14:27:48 1,733 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ok, I'll see how things play out. I can't even remember what the modern day story is about or what the reason was they went back to Greece... Hence my annoyance :)
    (I'm around 24 hours into the game now and just arrived in Athens.)
  • richyroo 1 Feb 2019 15:00:28 323 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    No spoilers, and in a nutshell...

In the present, Layla Hassan recovers the Spear of Leonidas and together with Victoria Bibeau, extracts the DNA of two individuals from it, the siblings Kassandra and Alexios. With help from the Assassins, Layla picks one of the siblings (the "Misthios") and activates the Animus to find the location of the Staff of Hermes (piece of eden)

Thats all you really need to know at this stage and all the game has really told you so far I would guess at only 25 hours in.

You will know when it gets interesting and when to start paying attention! :)

Edited by richyroo at 15:10:26 01-02-2019
  • Red_Bool 1 Feb 2019 15:25:07 1,733 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Awesome! Thanks for the recap :) Staff of Hermes, check!

It also doesn't help that my playtime is limited (it took me 2 months to get to this point...)
  • richyroo 1 Feb 2019 16:04:44 323 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    At that rate, it will probably be another 2 months before you need to recall this information again, then another 4 months until the story wraps up! :D
  • dudewheresmybrain 10 Feb 2019 08:19:31 980 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Need help / question about late game...SPOILERS BELOW

So Iíve just got the quest for the gates of XXXXXXX after having a chat with my father, which has the 4 sub quests.

The thing Iím confused about is the sub quests start like level 35 in requirement, but Iím only level 26... have I just managed to get here too early and need to spend some more time exploring and side questing? Or have I missed something
  • THFourteen 10 Feb 2019 08:46:50 50,903 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Picked this up yesterday, looking forward to getting stuck in. Not played an AssCrees since the very first one, a quick half hour blast last night and this feels very different.

Looks ace in 4K altho had to turn the details down a bit - probably my ageing CPU.

Minor annoyance, canít seem to get steam streaming to work so not playable on my GPDWin if Iím on the sofa. Division 2 beta streams fine so itís not a uplay issue.
  • Gunzberg 10 Feb 2019 18:29:17 2,670 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Is the Cyclops dude on the Island, which was meant to be part of DLC Episode 2 available ? Done the DLC but whenever I travel there the guy is not there, though shown in the DLC trailer...
  • JamboWayOh 10 Feb 2019 18:39:38 11,157 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bought this on Friday, playing as Kassandra and I'm enjoying myself. A complaint however is reserved for the animation, especially horse which at times is shocking for such a big franchise and frequently takes me out of the experience.
  • ChiefGB 10 Feb 2019 23:53:28 10,083 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah I agree, after seeing rdr2 in action this is rough, yet elsewhere the response times are so sharp as to put rdr to shame. Origins also had shonky camel animation.
  • THFourteen 11 Feb 2019 13:27:35 50,903 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Wow this is just so good.
  • JamboWayOh 11 Feb 2019 15:25:25 11,157 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ChiefGB wrote:
    Yeah I agree, after seeing rdr2 in action this is rough, yet elsewhere the response times are so sharp as to put rdr to shame. Origins also had shonky camel animation.
    True the response times are lightning fast but the way my character walks and runs and the way horses just walk in a stiff, robotic fashion is bizzare. Oddly I had no issue with Origins, Bayek moved really way with weight this seems too floaty. Tbh Unity was my favourite for animation.
  • MouthOfSauron 11 Feb 2019 15:45:36 5 posts
    Seen 1 second ago
    Registered 7 days ago
    I really like how Ubisoft have refined the last two Assassins Creed games, they've cut away a lot of the stuff that Rockstar have doubled down on in RDR2. Loot animations are just tedious and time consuming, some animations (especially on animals) can get a bit wonky at times but I much prefer a responsive 'gamey' character animation to a laborious and realistic one.

RDR2 is very good but it can be a ball ache to play at times.
  • robthehermit 11 Feb 2019 16:32:24 7,129 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    According to xbox, I've put about 220 hours into this. One day I might have to get a life.
  • ChiefGB 11 Feb 2019 18:36:57 10,083 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    But not this day.....
  • THFourteen 12 Feb 2019 09:20:25 50,903 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Got in the ship and made it to the second area. Loved how the "Ubisoft Presents" thing only appeared after you get in the boat.

Get the feeling this is going to be a looong game.

So far, nothing feels too "collecty", and have felt compelled to finish as many side quests and things as i can.

Also enjoying the story and the NPCs
  • THFourteen 17 Feb 2019 16:30:49 50,903 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Question for those whoíve completed this, I canít be bothered to do everything in this game, which bits are important to completing the story?

Eg can I skip grinding to improve the ship? Donít really find the naval bits interesting but donít want a gimped vessel later If I need one.

Also do people spread themselves thin or concentrate on one tree of abilities? Gut instinct always to go with warrior but find assassinate and arrows useful now and then too.
  • robthehermit 17 Feb 2019 16:44:25 7,129 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    The ships not that important to grind for. There are a couple of missions that need it, but you'll get prompted that you need to upgrade.
  • richyroo 17 Feb 2019 22:13:16 323 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @THFourteen The quests are all split up for you:

ODYSSEY: Main Quest
    WORLD AND CHARACTERS: Side quests and interesting stuff.
    BOUNTIES AND CONTRACTS: Stuff that tends to be more generic and you can completely ignore.
    CULTISTS: Killing them all links in with your ODYSSEY

Regarding the skills, I split my skills over all 3 skill trees. Basically picked whichever took my fancy. I only chose 1 of the top skills out of all 3 trees because I didnt like the others. Just choose skills which you like and suits your playstyle.

Edited by richyroo at 22:17:31 17-02-2019
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.