Assassin's Creed Odyssey Page 26

• HelloNo 14 Oct 2019 13:19:26 2,234 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Derblington Ha, for me its the other way round. I enjoyed Origins but though it dragged on. Loved Odyssey.
  • MrWonderstuff 14 Oct 2019 14:44:34 3,408 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Same. Origins just didnt grab me. The story and side quests in Odyssey are far better.
  • ChiefGB 14 Oct 2019 16:39:18 12,997 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Odyssey is definitely the better game, origins was harder to get on with and more repetitive in locale and missions and story.
  • ChiefGB 14 Oct 2019 16:40:48 12,997 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    cov wrote:
    I wonder if some of this is down to which main character you choose not just personal preference
    Also true, and yes odyssey is certainly too big, but I found it immediately more engaging.
  • pacrifice 14 Oct 2019 23:08:13 5,250 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 syndicate was very good. Very much needed return to form after unity... some stability. A change from the buggy unity - unity had a good story, good parkour but just so many bugs and can't walk anywhere as too many NPCs.

They so need to look at creed 2 again. A solid story, just the right the length and gameplay, really assassin-y running everywhere, stabby. They need Desilets and Jade Raymond back.

You know what I've not felt in a while, when you're near the end of a game but you don't want it to end. Maybe Death Stranding will feel like that.

Edited by pacrifice at 23:10:04 14-10-2019
  • DUFFMAN5 22 Dec 2019 14:35:41 26,316 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Fook me this game is (too) huge. I love the AC series and this is no exception but at 55 hours played*and level 39, Spear level 4 (only 1 more fragment until level 5 at least) I wonder if it is ever going to end!

There are loads of areas and Seas I have not even visited yet. I know there is a fair amount of fluff but the lands are so well realised for the most part.

Ubi did nearly got me yesterday, though. I was contemplating buying 10 of time savers. I still may do. The amount on offer is overwhelming, I bought the Gold edition, upon release so have all that to play as well.

I love Kasandra, she is definitely one of the best AC protagonists.

Just checked the state page:
    robthehermit: 11 days!
    Vice D: 9 days, almost
    Evilaschris 7 days, almost

...so I still have a bit to go ;)

*on a previous post I said I had played 60 hours ? Something fishy. Actual game time in my save right this moment states 54+ hours, but on the stats page, where you "compare with friends" I'm at 3d 13h 33m...? Lots of 3's there! I know it doesn't really matter, I just have a thing about numbers and time.

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 14:42:38 22-12-2019
  • johnnyrocketfingers 22 Dec 2019 15:18:51 327 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Unsure about your time disparity. I've got 146 hours on it, still have to finish the final two chapters of Atlantis.
  • DUFFMAN5 22 Dec 2019 15:27:14 26,316 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @johnnyrocketfingers
    Just this moment upgraded my Spear to level 5...only for my heart to sink a little to know I now need to collect/find and kill to get another 22 feckin fragments!
  • johnnyrocketfingers 22 Dec 2019 15:32:58 327 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    They're all part of the cults I think so that's part of main game anyway. Ship bounties and battles will net you the most gold/loot. Remember to loot the bodies left on the field.
  • DUFFMAN5 22 Dec 2019 15:40:22 26,316 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @johnnyrocketfingers
    👌 Ship combat is great luckily. Not quite BF but still brilliant. I have my Legendary lieutenants and Gang members crew.
  • whatthefu 22 Dec 2019 17:01:50 1,334 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Got this for a tenner from Epic store. I think I'll enjoy it but a little daunted at the size I've heard it is. Plus I'm taking a break since I played Origins earlier this year.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 22 Dec 2019 17:14:19 9,874 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    whatthefu wrote:
    Got this for a tenner from Epic store. I think I'll enjoy it but a little daunted at the size I've heard it is. Plus I'm taking a break since I played Origins earlier this year.
    Yeah it's fucking massive. I bought it about a year ago and have been steadily chipping away at it all this time rather than blasting it all at once as I usually do. Finished it last week with 95 hours on the clock (including season pass). My favourite AC of the lot and I have played them all.
  • ButterVoucher 22 Dec 2019 17:46:57 70 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    whatthefu wrote:
    I played and finished origins early Jan this year. Wanted to wait for this and not suffer burnout. I picked it up from epic as well. I'm literally just doing an hour here and there so I don't get fed up with it. Loving it so far though.
  • DUFFMAN5 22 Dec 2019 18:00:15 26,316 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Post deleted
  • DUFFMAN5 22 Dec 2019 18:00:23 26,316 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @whatthefu

It is feckin HUGE, but also a lot of fun. Play as Kassie, she is hot ;)
  • DUFFMAN5 22 Dec 2019 18:00:43 26,316 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Double post, sorry

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 18:01:12 22-12-2019
  • DUFFMAN5 3 May 2020 15:14:17 26,316 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    @johnnyrocketfingers
    Just this moment upgraded my Spear to level 5...only for my heart to sink a little to know I now need to collect/find and kill to get another 22 feckin fragments!
    My first time back on ACO since this Post 4 months ago...I still need 22, actually I lie, just got 1. 21 to go.

For those who have completed, is this the final upgrade ? I assume I need for end game ?
  • Red_Bool 3 May 2020 16:14:11 2,090 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 if my memory does not fail me then level 6 is the max. Have fun hunting those cultists :)
  • HelloNo 3 May 2020 16:47:07 2,234 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 It sounds like you've done a fair amount of the game already, but if you have content left you could go between that to break up the assassinating? I quite enjoyed hunting them down, you go all over and there's some good fights.

Dang I want to play Odyssey again, but 86gb download.
  • Daeltaja 3 May 2020 16:59:41 1,901 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The script and acting is mind numbing to be honest.
  • DUFFMAN5 3 May 2020 22:25:12 26,316 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    HelloNo wrote:
    @DUFFMAN5 It sounds like you've done a fair amount of the game already, but if you have content left you could go between that to break up the assassinating? I quite enjoyed hunting them down, you go all over and there's some good fights.

Dang I want to play Odyssey again, but 86gb download.
    After my bitching and moaning I have just completed the main story!

Turns out I was only a mission or two off completing chapter 8, after that the game speeds up. I have so much more to do including all dlc AND I now have ng+, if fairness that is most unlikely to be used.

So relieved I don't have to collect the shards, I may choose to though. I do enjoy tracking down the Cultists.
  • gamecat 3 May 2020 23:07:20 1,031 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I never did the Pythagoras stuff with this, after the cultist and 'persnoal' endings I think had endings fatigue,and just stopped. Maybe I'll go back before the next one comes out.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 3 May 2020 23:23:19 4,116 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I grabbed this after trying out the free trial in March and ended up liking it and had a voucher to use up. Finished off the main campaogn and the Lost Tales of Greece add-on levels at the end of last month with over 100 hours taken (I uncovered all of the map and did every 'proper' quest except tge last stages of the 2 sides's emblem quests. Ending was a bit abrupt but still got the DLC to play through. On to the 3rd chapter of the first DLC now and mostly enjoyed it even if gameplaywise it is more of the same. Looks very pretty on PC and suits 21:9 too. Hopefully finish off the first DLC and get started on the Atlantis one this week (also playing some other games onhe side which are takimg some of my focus).

Didn't do all of the 'clues to find engravings' quests (ostreka?) but about half of the ones I found. Also never bothered with the engraving system at all and was a bit lax with skill points after around level 40... In my 60s now.
  • DUFFMAN5 4 May 2020 18:26:09 26,316 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Might as well bung on this thread as well as "52 games..."

Completed Assassin's Creed Odyssey yesterday (xb1)

Well to be honest that was a bit of a slog, I started on the day it released, so been playing it off and on for over 18 months! usually with AC game I play from start to finish with in a very short space of time. I found this one to be too big maybe ? and too much of a grind, hence taking very long breaks of not playing.

Once I did pop the end cheveo my in game time was 65 hours (strangely on the actual xbox app it states 4+ days) and I was level 43. I did not purchase any booster packs in my playthrough.

There is much to love about ACO. The world, once again (thank you Ubi) is stunning and in Kassandra we have maybe the best ever Assassin ? The story was ok, nothing more and the missions were a mixed bag, of course, no problem there, pretty much all AC games, which I love.

What I will say as these games seem to be moving (moved) further and further away from the actual DNA of what an AC games is, or should I say was, that is a shame.
    The "game" is no poorer for it, I just wish we had the wonderful new worlds with maybe some of the old intrigue and actual AC gameplay...not following missions though.

Once again the naval combat was top notch. I do enjoy getting upgrades for my ship. In the end I had the crew from Syndicate with 4 Gold Lieutenants

I have tens of missions still to do, discovers to find, Islands to visit, 20 shards to my spear to find/collect...etc,etc. in reality I will unlikely do this as once I have "beaten" a game, as in got to the end/credits it is hard to stay motivated, but with AC games I certainly spend more time post game than with any other rpg/action game and to that end I am not done just yet and there is the small measure of all the "Gold edition" things I have yet to play.

8/10

It didn't sneak into my AC top 3, (Bro-in-the-hood, Syndicate, Origins) but I still had a lot of fun...albeit in stops and starts.

Oh Yeah.
  • Ror 4 May 2020 19:04:25 20,322 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I haven't played Odyssey yet (it's on the eternal pile of shame) but I must say, after Syndicate I really felt like the series needed a massive shake-up. And I say that also as a big fan of the series. Syndicate just fucking broke me.

Origins turned out to be exactly what I wanted it to be, which was quite handy. I think I'd probably bow out if they returned to classic AC style.

Of course, all said without having played Odds.
    Maybe that'll break me again :)

Edited by Ror at 19:05:55 04-05-2020
  • Frogofdoom 4 May 2020 19:04:42 17,061 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Odyssey and black flag were my favourites.
  • DUFFMAN5 4 May 2020 19:46:41 26,316 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Frogofdoomblack flag only just misses out on my top 3. You are right, it is great. I completed on 360 and xb1.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.