Assassin's Creed Odyssey Page 27

• Ror 4 May 2020 20:19:34 20,224 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    2, Black Flag and Origins are my top three. Think they're all by the same team, too.
  • Humperfunk 4 May 2020 22:16:19 8,200 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Finished Persona 5 Royal yesterday which was a good 105+ hours and now ploughing through Yakuza 2, which I should have finished this week.

Got three weeks after this one until I start my new job, and really am considering finally playing this. Got it cheap with the season pass months ago in a US PSN sale, but am torn between using those three weeks to hammer out a load of shorter games in the backlog, or finally dedicate to this.

I absolutely loved Origins and saw it as a real return to form, so whilst not made by the same team I'm assuming I'll still love this, sounds like its everything that made Origins great but improved also?
  • Deleted user 5 May 2020 06:57:52
    @Humperfunk I wouldnít say itís too improved from Origins but thereís certainly enough game there to last for the three weeks, maybe even more with the season pass. You could hammer out the main story in a few days but the map is filled with stuff to do.

Personally, i think Origins was a better game, and i would go with the variety of shorter games. Also with Valhalla coning out at some point this year a game like Odyssey might leave you feeling full of AC.
  • robthehermit 5 May 2020 09:27:20 7,813 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I think they've probably been cheaper in the past, but everything Assassins Creed related is on sale on Xbone.
  • DUFFMAN5 5 May 2020 09:32:37 26,042 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @robthehermit
    I have all the main entries on my xbox hd.... Except the Rogue remaster... Might have a look see, not played it since it released.
    For years it was the most I spent on a digital copy of a game, on 360 at £50!
  • PazJohnMitch 5 May 2020 11:33:55 15,989 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Not played many Ass Creeds but my list is:

Odyssey > Black flag > Brotherhood > 2 > Liberation

I also tried 1 and Revelations but abandoned both with 2 hours.
  • Fonzie 5 May 2020 11:50:18 3,421 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Odyssey is better than Origins IMO. Found the story more engaging and enjoyed hunting down the mythical creatures. Origins is still a good game though. I have Black Flag but only played about 10 minutes of it then never went back to it.
  • Big-Swiss 5 May 2020 11:57:18 9,411 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    It's hard to make a top down list for me. I loved many ass creed games but disliked some as well.

was awesome until the story went beserk towards the end. but it was the pioneer game, it indroduced us into something new, and therefore it shuld be respected.

one of the best ones for sure, absolutley loved it

Brotherhood

loved it, introduced some new gameplay things I really enjoyed

Revelations

must habe had enough of the same same feeling, didn't feel the same vibe while playing it, perhaps never even finished it

Unity

what a shame. Such an interesting subject they used, but such a buggy experience, I really just coudn't get into it

again a super exciting subject they picked for it, but the world was not interesting at all, it turned boring really quick. Even tho it had a awesome twist at the start.

Rogue

Came during my ass creed burnout phase, so played it on the PS4 when the remake came out. I enjoyed it, but it felt a bit too grindy.

Black flags

was also released my ass creed boycott, I bought the remake for PS4 and will play it shortly. Evereyone loves it, so it seems I boycotted the wrong one for the correct reasons.

Liberation Vita

It had potential but I struggeled with the controls on the vita, and after a few hours I felt I was just playing to play, not for enjoyment

Ass Creed Chronicles

Just not my type of gameplay.

Origins

needed a few hours to accept the changes and then had to admit, it was awesome and the first one in a long time that I loved playing for hours even after finishing the main story.

Odysee

I found this one even better than Origins and loved every second of it

Vikings

can't wait!

edit: i forgot liberation and chronicles

Edited by Big-Swiss at 12:42:20 05-05-2020
  • BigOrkWaaagh 5 May 2020 12:05:30 9,444 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Big-Swiss wrote:
    Revelations

must habe had enough of the same same feeling, didn't feel the same vibe while playing it, perhaps never even finished it
    I too thought Revelations was a bit ho hum after the first 2 Ezio games but the end was really really good. If you'd finished it I think you would remember.
  • gooner77 5 May 2020 12:16:00 1,491 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I think Origins is better than Odyssey so far.

Have only spent about 20 hours or so compared to 90+ on ACO.

Am I wrong ? Also is the DLC for Odyssey any good ?
  • Ror 5 May 2020 12:32:13 20,224 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I skipped Revelations. I loved 2 and Brotherhood, but I just couldn't face another Ezio game. It's the only one I haven't played, but I did watch the cutscenes on Youtube.
  • Big-Swiss 5 May 2020 12:34:28 9,411 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I hope we can agree, that the Ass Creed movie is the worst Ass Creed thing of all times :)
  • Humperfunk 5 May 2020 13:29:45 8,200 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Splosh thanks mate, definitely given me a lot to think about. Really tempted to go straight into Yakuza 3 after I finish 2 as well so will take the next few days to weigh it up :)
  • Big-Swiss 5 May 2020 13:39:03 9,411 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I tried once to start a yakuza game straight after finishing another one coudn't do it. I learned to always play something different in between.

same with ass creed, I finished rogue remastered and knew I had black flags too, but I also knew it woudn't end well playing them back to back.

Edited by Big-Swiss at 13:40:12 05-05-2020
  • DUFFMAN5 5 May 2020 15:16:02 26,042 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Big-Swiss
    Black Flag is excellent mate, enjoy.

I just spent a couple of hours on Rogue, ps3 version. I forgot how fun!!! the climbing and falling used to be. Totally spoilt now of corse. The duel air assassination still feels great though.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 5 May 2020 17:05:12 3,957 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Big-Swiss wrote:
    I tried once to start a yakuza game straight after finishing another one coudn't do it. I learned to always play something different in between.

same with ass creed, I finished rogue remastered and knew I had black flags too, but I also knew it woudn't end well playing them back to back.
    I just polished off Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise (basically Yakuza cosplaying as anime postapocalypse) and AC Odyssey at the same time (depending what system I had available)

I do know what you mean about back to back similar experiences though, after first finsihing Y5 I kept away from longer open world games for a bit.

On topic, just finished the first DLC thing for Odyssey and ablut to start the Atlantis one.
  • Tuffty 5 May 2020 18:13:18 4,547 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Odyssey is great, one of my favourites but there is also such a thing as too much content. Odyssey has way too much stuff to do, too much of the same stuff to do and I'm saying this as someone who is usually all in on the Ubisoft collect a thon that their games are. I suppose it didnt help that there were only a handful of enemy types so by hour 15, you've seen it all.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 5 May 2020 20:43:47 3,957 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I think what helped me with l doing most stuff in Odyssey was not having played any other Ubisoft collectathons in years.

Started the Fates of Atlantis and nice to see some new maps but may prioritise some other games over playing through it quickly. Then again it will free 70+GB if HDD if I finish and uninstall...
  • ChiefGB 5 May 2020 21:10:26 12,565 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Iíve been back on this for a few hours the last couple of nights, enjoying it, possibly more than ever. Probably after being locked up for weeks the beautiful rolling hills etc is my escape.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 5 May 2020 22:51:18 3,957 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The landscapes can be very pretty and colourful. I like the general setting even if it sounded less interesting on paper than Egypt. I really should have played Origins before this storywise but the trial got me too interested so stuck with this. I do have Origins already but not going to do them back to back. Won't be bothering with Valhalla until major price drops either as I rarely get AAA at full price or on launch. (my Cyberpunk preorder is an exception)
  • theguy 15 May 2020 16:04:23 974 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Might start this soon, is there much difference in picking between the male or female protag? Is one recommended over the other?
  • Frogofdoom 15 May 2020 16:34:38 16,595 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Female has the better voice acting imo.
  • AboutHalfaStevas 15 May 2020 18:33:00 2,765 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Think you're onto something there.
  • Frogofdoom 15 May 2020 18:43:28 16,595 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fortunately there was hardly any of it in odyssey.
  • DUFFMAN5 15 May 2020 20:00:22 26,042 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    theguy wrote:
    Might start this soon, is there much difference in picking between the male or female protag? Is one recommended over the other?
    Kass is hot! and without a doubt one of the best AC protagonist ever.

Playing the dlc at the moment, got a touch of RDR2 about it :) Darious is a great character.

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 20:02:10 15-05-2020
  • Nanocrystal 15 May 2020 23:53:23 2,130 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    HookJaw wrote:
    Does anyone feel that these games could be improved by completely removing the modern sections and making them exclusively historical fiction based?
    Been saying that since the original.
  • DakeyrasUK 16 May 2020 09:17:13 4,269 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not played an assassin's creed game since 3 (having reaped everything on offer from those first 4), have just bought odyssey for 6 50 from epic game store with the view to giving it a go.

Also not played a ubi collectathon for years after only managing about 8hrs of watchdogs 2.

Am still playing through claire b of resident evil 2, but am probably half way through that so will give this a shot before xenoblade chronicles releases I think.

And for 6.50 I'm hardly bothered if it doesn't stick.
  • theguy 20 May 2020 20:34:35 974 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 @Frogofdoom Thanks, I guess I'll go with her then. I thought there might be some story or gameplay differences but it seems pretty straightforward
    I think I've seen EG say Kass is one of the best AC leads too. Almost feel sorry for the male protag, no one seems to mention him

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.