Assassin's Creed Odyssey Page 28

Next Last
  • MadCaddy13 21 May 2020 10:26:23 3,109 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    theguy wrote:
    @DUFFMAN5 @Frogofdoom Thanks, I guess I'll go with her then. I thought there might be some story or gameplay differences but it seems pretty straightforward
    I think I've seen EG say Kass is one of the best AC leads too. Almost feel sorry for the male protag, no one seems to mention him
    I think it’s because it’s ‘not cool’ or ‘not woke’ to play the male protag so people who play him don’t mention it

Edited by MadCaddy13 at 10:26:47 21-05-2020
  • HelloNo 21 May 2020 11:31:56 2,172 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The poor oppressed Alexios players ;)
  • PazJohnMitch 21 May 2020 14:16:32 15,670 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Kassandra was the only logical choice.
  • Tuffty 21 May 2020 14:19:21 4,479 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    HookJaw wrote:
    Does anyone feel that these games could be improved by completely removing the modern sections and making them exclusively historical fiction based?
    Absolutely 100% yes. Desmonds story was originally planned as a trilogy, which extended into 5 games and the modern story has trailed so far off the rails beyond an Assassins v Templars plot it's awful. Even the points in the main story where theres some crossover as they discover the First civilisation stuff is so boring. The worst parts about any of the games since Black Flag have been the times when they kick you out into the modern world, as brief as they are.

And yet theres a large contingent that not only want more of it, they want Desmond back and all. I see people talking about how they don't like the modern games because it doesnt follow the rules of how the animus works and I just tune out completely. It really does feel like that whole modern aspect needs a complete reboot at least if not stripped away completely.
  • PazJohnMitch 21 May 2020 14:21:23 15,670 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The modern stuff is just shit. Kind of liked that Odyssey seemed to have a “fuck this I am going straight back in” option when it pulled you out.
  • Robospud 21 May 2020 14:41:17 124 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    The modern stuff is a good enough explanation for them to jump around different locations and time periods while maintaining some coherence. Why does this game set in revolutionary Paris also allow me to climb the Eiffel tower which was built many decades later? Because animus. Job done. I like it as a clever device that lets them do stuff like that, but it never needed to be anything more in my opinion.

My favourite modern section was Black Flag where they dumped a lot of the baggage and put you in a company that was researching using the animus as an entertainment device and there was a lot of self deprecating fourth wall breaking humour in there.
  • DUFFMAN5 28 May 2020 11:49:28 25,693 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I may have to put this to bed.
    Over 120 hours in and I still have so much to do. I have completed the story but have several chunks of the dlc's to do (have Gold edition)

I just thought I had found a major (mythical) character on the isle of Lesbos only to find out I have to visit another island and do some tasks, missions to acquire a key and then return...

Bloody hell game, I'm lvl 57 have unlocked nearly if not all vantage points, defogged the world (cheveo didn't pop though) etc and that is still not good enough for you.

Likely to be the only Creed game that I have not completed all dlc. It really is just too big.
  • Globalmeltdown 28 May 2020 11:52:11 771 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 I hit a wall with this too, didn’t play it for about 3 months but back on again now and on the last bit of DLC, have a break from it Duff then come back in a few months.
  • papalazar0u 28 May 2020 11:54:52 163 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Globalmeltdown i did exactly the same and have really enjoyed returning to it. Just about completed the first DLC then on to the FOA, which i've heard is really good and a little different.
  • DUFFMAN5 28 May 2020 12:01:14 25,693 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Globalmeltdown

You are probably right mate.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 28 May 2020 12:38:55 3,889 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I finished the main game and did pretty mich anything 'unique' around the whole map, also the first DLC campaign. Started the FoA but had played too much so switched over to sometbing else for a while. It seemed interesting but had overkilled the game. I had a similar problem towards the end of Yakuza 5 where I didn't 100% quite as much as I normally do on the series after 100 hours in it. I will go back to it one day and finish it off.
  • gooner77 28 May 2020 13:19:31 1,476 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I recently got back to this after the Valhalla trailer was released. Really enjoyed exploring ancient Greece and would love to go back there when Lockdown finishes.

I went to Kefalonia in 2001 and really liked it there

Have amassed another 25 hours of playtime in the last 2 weeks but recently have become distracted by my new PSVR kit.

I still have until October ....should be OK.
  • PazJohnMitch 28 May 2020 13:19:59 15,670 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

There is a little tiny island that does not have anything of note on that is one of the territories that you need to walk on to trigger the Trophy / Achievement.

Think it is on the southern coast of one of the Islands in the North East. (Not Lesbos but the big island south of it). And begins with K.

It is very hard to see that it is still grey.

This is the one I missed.
  • gooner77 28 May 2020 18:27:25 1,476 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Kos or Keos ?
  • PazJohnMitch 28 May 2020 21:48:08 15,670 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The tiny island’s name is Kradia and is next to Samos.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.