Fruity loops.

• solidsneek 14 Sep 2018 20:07:34 763 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Does anyone use fruity loops? I have no skill with this I dabbled years ago on and off but never really managed to create something. Would love to mess around with music just to listen to in the car and as something to do when I am bored. Like I just don't get where all the samples come from etc?
  • richarddavies 14 Sep 2018 20:15:31 6,558 posts
    Seen 26 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Is stefannsen still on here? I bet he'd be great at it.
  • Technoishmatt 14 Sep 2018 20:17:50 3,028 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What music software have you managed to make music in?
  • solidsneek 14 Sep 2018 20:20:55 763 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Technoishmatt Complete beginner dude. I used to just add drums, kicks etc and mix them around. Never actually made a full track.
  • Technoishmatt 14 Sep 2018 20:34:30 3,028 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I never used Fruity Loops - samples are not my thing. I had school friends that used it. I just didn't like the sound.

I think I've said this before, but I really recommend trying Figure, especially for a beginner - but not only. It's free and on iOS and PC.

I used to spend loads of time, first in Cakewalk, then ReBirth, and then Reason, making electronic tracks - just for personal use. I don't have the time really for that any more - but enjoy messing about on my ipad or phone when commuting / travelling in Figure.

You can only do short loops in there, but it is fun enough, and I also listen to them for fun.

Here is a selection of my personal favourites:

https://allihoopa.com/collections/summer-riffs-eW7wmZXP
  • whatthefu 14 Sep 2018 20:39:37 1,151 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Wow Fruity Loops I remember that from when I was a teenager with a dial up modem. Times flies in the end.

Technoishmatt has listed the main software I remember from back in the day. I think you can download sample packs online, have a google for whatever you are looking for.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.