Devil May Cry 5 Page 4

Next Last
  • Dombat 7 Feb 2019 10:13:57 1,503 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I felt DMC4 was stale, dated and lacking in ideas, and I played it around the time it was fairly new. Had a much better time with the reboot game - aside from a less likeable Dante I thought the game was better than DMC4 in every other department.
  • nickthegun 7 Feb 2019 10:17:47 76,534 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Spending several lifetimes in that fucking castle didn't help.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 7 Feb 2019 10:47:05 17,925 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Seems really good. The boss fight was a little underwhelming and the enemies are basically fodder at this stage but it seems a lot of fun.

The different arm powers are a bit weird though. Doesn't seem to be a way of cycling through them without destroying them, and there's one with a dodge move that's so useful I can't see why you ever not want it equipped..
  • Tuffty 7 Feb 2019 12:58:09 4,285 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    There isn't a way to swap devil breakers unless you get hit while using it, charge it up for the super attack or you choose to break it with L1 in order to cycle to the next one. Seems like there's plenty of them laying about in the level so there's no reason not to use them liberally and break a few in combat to get some stylish action going. There is a devil breaker you can use to swap between them, but you only get it through the digital deluxe edition unfortunately. I don't mind the way it is, it changes up combat enough to keep it interesting.

Seen a few previews out there today as well saying the full game can be quite special, making a point that V (the character) is different and fun to play.

https://www.vg247.com/2019/02/07/devil-may-cry-5-v-hands-on/

Edited by Tuffty at 13:11:14 07-02-2019
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 7 Feb 2019 14:42:30 17,925 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah been playing around with the devil breaker stuff some more. Think this is going to be a bit good.
  • Graxlar_v3 7 Feb 2019 19:15:12 5,023 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Yeah I played through the demo on Xbox when it was on there and I come out of it going this is a day one purchase for me. I then set myself the task of beating 1-4 in prep and after 2 decided to cancel my pre order. If I can get through 3 & 4 before release I will re preorder it.

I will also say capcom seem to be getting their digital pricing right recently with this and Resi evil bring put up at 45.
  • splosh 7 Feb 2019 19:48:14 169 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    Yeah I played through the demo on Xbox when it was on there and I come out of it going this is a day one purchase for me. I then set myself the task of beating 1-4 in prep and after 2 decided to cancel my pre order..
    DMC2 was a slog for me. I really didn't like the bloat, the change in characters and the gameplay didn't feel as good. DmC seems to have a curse of having shit even numbered games but great odd numbered games. 3 was my favorite action game of all time.

Really liked the demo but I hope the main game is not going to be the same as four where you beat the boss as Nero then again as Dante. Liked the Devil Breaker too but it's weird that swapping them is exclusive to the Deluxe Edition???
  • JamboWayOh 7 Feb 2019 20:22:53 11,267 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    This looks very nice on the X.
  • AboutHalfaStevas 7 Feb 2019 22:45:08 1,391 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It looks great on the pleb PS4, tbh.
    Fuck sake. I'm going to have to buy this too, ain't I.
  • Tuffty 8 Feb 2019 09:11:53 4,285 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I was kind of worried how it would look on the pleb PS4 too because the footage looked so good and they've been focusing on the Xbox One X for its marketing. But sure enough, it plays and looks great.
  • Gearskin 8 Feb 2019 09:18:52 3,215 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Looks great on the standard Xbox One also, silky smooth. I will say that I can see a difference in image quality between the One and the PS4 Pro... But, honestly, this is the most negligible difference I've seen when making such comparisons.

Devil May Cry 5 is an extremely good looking game.
  • AboutHalfaStevas 8 Feb 2019 10:49:03 1,391 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    splosh wrote:
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    Yeah I played through the demo on Xbox when it was on there and I come out of it going this is a day one purchase for me. I then set myself the task of beating 1-4 in prep and after 2 decided to cancel my pre order..
    DMC2 was a slog for me. I really didn't like the bloat, the change in characters and the gameplay didn't feel as good. DmC seems to have a curse of having shit even numbered games but great odd numbered games. 3 was my favorite action game of all time.

Really liked the demo but I hope the main game is not going to be the same as four where you beat the boss as Nero then again as Dante. Liked the Devil Breaker too but it's weird that swapping them is exclusive to the Deluxe Edition???
    At the moment, I'm not seeing a lot of value in the deluxe edition. You get four breakers: one just regens health but is useless otherwise; one is a reskinned existing one with an extra evasive move; a third is this swapping one, but I'm a bit confused on it's usage (it swaps everything around, but don't you need to, you know, get to it to do that? Also, what then?) - also, it too is useless in combat.
    And there's a reskinned bike with an extra move.
    It seems like all there is to be excited about is the fourth mega Man breaker to me?
  • Humperfunk 8 Feb 2019 11:05:55 7,913 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Enjoyable demo, although reminded me why DmC in my eyes surpassed the lot as it's so fluid, this felt a bit slow. Will defo pick up but think in a sale.
  • Tuffty 8 Feb 2019 11:41:39 4,285 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    AboutHalfaStevas wrote:
    splosh wrote:
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:

At the moment, I'm not seeing a lot of value in the deluxe edition. You get four breakers: one just regens health but is useless otherwise; one is a reskinned existing one with an extra evasive move; a third is this swapping one, but I'm a bit confused on it's usage (it swaps everything around, but don't you need to, you know, get to it to do that? Also, what then?) - also, it too is useless in combat.
    And there's a reskinned bike with an extra move.
    It seems like all there is to be excited about is the fourth mega Man breaker to me?
    There's additional voice work (whatever that means), live action cutscenes which shows how they planned out the ridiculous actions in the cutscenes and music from DMC1-4 to use during battles. It really is for long-term fans I feel more than anything else. In a way it is a good thing, at least the Devil breakers in this edition are nice to have but not something that would be so good that they hid it behind a paywall.
  • nickthegun 9 Feb 2019 08:29:08 76,534 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Forts:

- can't get an s rank! Stuck on A because I can't really get anything going on the boss
    - it's a bit of an odd difficulty. I hope the levels aren't a walk in the park and then a massive spike at the boss
    - I really can't work out why you can't change arms on the fly other than the fact that they want to force you to vary your play style
    - I'm mixed on losing vital stars. There seems a lot more greens floating around to compensate and I never really used them, but it's nice to have the option
    - ex-acts seem easier to do, max-acts I still suck at
    - everything has a bit more inertia and feels a bit more substantial
    - looks and runs nicely on base PS4
    - not having a [direction]+O buster attack is annoying. Why make us let go of lock?
    - the new lock system is an improvement, I think, but will take getting used to
    - I like Nero's new gun and the bullet meter

Overall it's solid. Definite day one, annoyingly.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 9 Feb 2019 08:38:00 17,925 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I found the devil hand thing with the blue dodge made the boss incredibly easy. In fact my only real downside of it was that nothing really put up much of a fight and kind of just sat around waiting to be hit. Coming from Nioh it felt a bit mindless. Hopefully it's just the early levels.
  • nickthegun 9 Feb 2019 08:41:06 76,534 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Because it ended up in a big arena, I just ran around in circles, firing my rocket hand at him the first time I beat him. Not what you would call 'stylish action'.
  • Load_2.0 9 Feb 2019 08:43:00 28,597 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    If you love Nioh so much maybe you should marry it.

Is this out? Or are you nerds playing some demo version?
  • nickthegun 9 Feb 2019 08:46:54 76,534 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The demo came out a few days ago
  • grassyknoll 9 Feb 2019 09:11:57 685 posts
    Seen 23 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I really like this game and plan on getting it in the future, but I can't claw a controller to get the most at of this game. It really puts a downer on it for me personally just knowing I'll never be any good.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 9 Feb 2019 09:16:03 17,925 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    If you love Nioh so much maybe you should marry it.

It's beaten you hasn't it.
  • Tuffty 9 Feb 2019 13:58:58 4,285 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You always get fodder enemies when starting out in any character action game. Previews suggest that the demo is based off one of the first levels in the game anyway. Challenge goes up as you progress in the game with new enemy types and larger crowds of enemies. Besides, there will be higher difficulty levels and bloody palace mode to offer plenty of challenge. I'm not worried about it.

One thing I need to try and work out is how to keep the buttons held down for the charged gun or devil breaker as combat is going. To keep it held down and press triangle for melee or X to jumo or dodge is a bit cumbersome. I have to stop what I'm doing so I can focus on keeping it held down but then the style meter drops when I want to keep it going. Might remap to the triggers and see if that works.

Edited by Tuffty at 14:00:19 09-02-2019
  • Tuffty 20 Feb 2019 13:10:13 4,285 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    New trailer with a collaboration with a Japanese rock star whose song will be included in the Asian version of the game at least. Includes some additional never before seen footage from cutscenes which might be spoilers so be wary of that if you want to go into the game blind.

https://youtu.be/hgy67ZBxdXI

Edited by Tuffty at 13:12:35 20-02-2019
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.