SoulCalibur VI Page 7

• JamboWayOh 22 Oct 2018 22:48:01 11,836 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dungeonbash wrote:
    Rivuzu wrote:
    Yeah honestly I don't give a fuck for your opinions Dungeonbash. Prior comments lead me to believe you're misinformed.
    good, shut the fuck up then snd stop virtue signalling
    I'm confused as to how he's virtue signalling.
  • JamboWayOh 22 Oct 2018 22:51:21 11,836 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's obviously quarter circle back, press forward and all three punch buttons Fuzzy.
  • Dungeonbash 22 Oct 2018 22:56:50 66 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Dungeonbash wrote:
    Rivuzu wrote:
    Yeah honestly I don't give a fuck for your opinions Dungeonbash. Prior comments lead me to believe you're misinformed.
    He's just showing off by trying to have a dig at me to big himself up on a forum. Not giving a fuck about my opinion is fine, broadcasting it seems otherwise pointless.
  • Dungeonbash 22 Oct 2018 22:59:15 66 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    FuzzyDucky wrote:
    But if it is you then ye should have it out, best of five at Kasumi Ninja.
    I'd rather just continue shooting the breeze about the game. I don't see any need for people to be a dick about it
  • AddyJB 22 Oct 2018 23:00:04 1,190 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Well another thread turned to shit again. This fucking place. Anyway on topic. Still enjoying it. Been a long time since I played a fighter. Tis scratching the itch.
  • Graxlar_v3 22 Oct 2018 23:06:08 5,493 posts
    Seen 26 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I find myself playing 5-10 matches a night atm and losing most of them lol. I made a character now though so I am actually invested now.
  • challenge_hanukkah 23 Oct 2018 06:28:07 9,996 posts
    Seen 11 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Dungeonbash wrote:
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Dungeonbash wrote:
    Rivuzu wrote:
    He's just showing off by trying to have a dig at me to big himself up on a forum. Not giving a fuck about my opinion is fine, broadcasting it seems otherwise pointless.
    I'm not really sure virtue signalling applies to the mechanics of a fucking fighting game.

I'd say the use of the phrase would mark you out as a total cockend, but you've already done that with the previous arse gravy you've been posting.
  • Dungeonbash 23 Oct 2018 08:36:47 66 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    I find myself playing 5-10 matches a night atm and losing most of them lol. I made a character now though so I am actually invested now.
    the online seems pretty stable. however there is some input delay which, if one's a button masher, will really mess you up.
  • Graxlar_v3 23 Oct 2018 08:46:25 5,493 posts
    Seen 26 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Dungeonbash wrote:
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    the online seems pretty stable. however there is some input delay which, if one's a button masher, will really mess you up.
    Bit mean, i don't button mash (much). I use the standard combos more often then i should but that is what they are there for.

I am just not good at blocking and then attacking.
  • Dungeonbash 23 Oct 2018 08:51:04 66 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    Dungeonbash wrote:
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    Bit mean, i don't button mash (much). I use the standard combos more often then i should but that is what they are there for.

I am just not good at blocking and then attacking.
    Mean? i'm not attacking people for mashing buttons, but plenty do.

blocking thena ttacking online is difficult for the same reason, there is an input delay.

Overall it's a very mixed bag. The gameplay seems solid, though I'm not a fan of Soul Charge and am not convinced by Reversal Edge as it's just a crapshoot as to whether you'll win even if you initiate. But the visuals are poor and there is a hefty lack of content. I think a lower price point would have been better.
  • JamboWayOh 23 Oct 2018 08:53:56 11,836 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Can you tell me what you think of the visuals and the lack of content, I don't think you've ever mentioned those aspects of this game.

Edited by JamboWayOh at 08:54:44 23-10-2018
  • Graxlar_v3 23 Oct 2018 08:54:29 5,493 posts
    Seen 26 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    You say it is difficult, but i have fought plenty of people who have managed to transition well.

Edit: You being bad at a game, does not mean it is the games fault.

I am rubbish at fighting games and can attest to it being difficult to get the balance right, not because of the game but because i am rubbish.

Edited by Graxlar_v3 at 08:56:25 23-10-2018
  • Graxlar_v3 23 Oct 2018 08:55:08 5,493 posts
    Seen 26 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Can you tell me what you think of the visuals and the lack of content, I don't think you've ever mentioned those aspects of this game.
    You can make a character with a giant penis, visuals are fine.
  • JamboWayOh 23 Oct 2018 08:58:06 11,836 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Giant penis you say, interesting. I haven't played Soul Calibur since no. 4 when it kinda jumped the shark with the inclusion of Yoda, Vader and Starkiller. That game was not good.
  • Graxlar_v3 23 Oct 2018 08:59:23 5,493 posts
    Seen 26 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    6 is a good game... i kinda feel like Tekken/Dragonball may be better fighters but it is enjoyable enough.
  • Rivuzu 23 Oct 2018 10:35:16 17,875 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So, those playing... when you pick a character, what are you doing to learn them?

My quick and immediate advise is to go into training mode. Set the dummy to guard all as first action, and then Guard Impact the second. Then go through your characters moveset and find out what are true blockstrings. These should 100% be your go to punishes whilst learning, even if it's something as basic as AA, BB, etc. Soul Calibur 6 doesn't re-write the wheel with fighting games, so you're always looking for a frame advantage with blockstrings - learning big fancy combos is nice, but it will not win you games.

Any string that isn't true (example would be all characters AAA - the third A is normally slower and can be Guard Impacted/Reversal Edge'd/countered with a quicker attack) will be GI'd under the above setting. Some moves, like guard breaks, will put you at such an advantage they won't be able to GI after. Experiment, learn your optimal stuff.

Otherwise you'll just get run over by people who like to push buttons at a rapid pace.

Last night, I spent some time tooling with Astaroth. Beastly. Super armour grabs, great horizontals, and the ability to shout "WORM! BE QUIET" at people. His Soul Charge is low key godlike as well as it buffs some of his grabs allowing easy 70%+ combos from anywhere without a wallsplat. Daft nonsense. Also played some Mitsurugi - god damn, is this the best version of him we've ever had or what? Especially his 1BB, that move is stupid.

I think tonight is gonna be Nightmare and Raphael for more of a deeper dive. I'm trying to power through two characters a night until I can settle on a main. Jerry of the River place is great, but I need the knowledge of other characters so I can play the match-up game.
  • Graxlar_v3 23 Oct 2018 10:40:13 5,493 posts
    Seen 26 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    i just hopped directly into online, best way to learn is to have someone smash you in the face with a big pointy stick.
  • Rivuzu 23 Oct 2018 10:42:06 17,875 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I mean, that's ONE way to learn, but not the recommended way! :D

You can queue for online whilst in training mode, so combine the two. Learning the neutral game is always the most vital. If you can dominate that, you'll likely win most games you come across until you hit some monster of an opponent.
  • Frogofdoom 23 Oct 2018 10:44:01 12,160 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nightmare feels very different this time, he is still amazing but very different.
  • Graxlar_v3 23 Oct 2018 10:46:05 5,493 posts
    Seen 26 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Honestly, i learn alot from getting my arse kicked.

You start to pick up what other peoples move sets are and how to best avoid them too. it is just alot of pain before that though.

Like i was playign against a xing hua (or whatever her name is) and i realised that the person was doing a high attack followed directly by a low, so was able to successfully block these attacks and counter.

which i was able to use in fights going forward.
  • Rivuzu 23 Oct 2018 10:55:09 17,875 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Oh yes, you definitely learn with your body. And against people willing to do the full attack string every time, they can get easy to read.

Still strongly recommend learning what's safe/unsafe though for your character. But I'm a bit obsessive. My life now revolves around frame advantage.
  • Dombat 23 Oct 2018 11:20:53 1,528 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, Xianghua seems like a good character to learn how to fight against early on. A lot of her strengths come from easy combos mixing up highs/mids/lows and she's very beginner friendly, but I can imagine a lot of new players spamming her same basic combos. Once you get used to reading these and other characters that have similarly effective AAA or BBB combos it should help a long way.
  • Deleted user 24 October 2018 00:15:41
    @Frogofdoom he's got a more diverse range of attacks and is noticeably faster. Harder to use as well. Not enough low attacks like always though but he's still got his attack+grab combos to compensate.
  • Deleted user 24 October 2018 00:20:35
    Also, Nightmare and Siegfried are still voiced by the Nobuyuki Hiyama, the bestest VA.
  • Rivuzu 24 Oct 2018 10:55:24 17,875 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Groh is filthy. His range is deceptive, his stance is very effective, and his soul charge is teleport central. He's bloody brilliant.
  • Dombat 24 Oct 2018 11:56:56 1,528 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rivuzu wrote:
    Groh is filthy. His range is deceptive, his stance is very effective, and his soul charge is teleport central. He's bloody brilliant.
    I was thinking of basing my first created character on him. I think he suits my playstyle but I'm less keen on his character design compared to some others.
  • challenge_hanukkah 24 Oct 2018 12:50:48 9,996 posts
    Seen 11 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Rivuzu wrote:
    Stop virtue signalling about stances, you cuck.
  • Rivuzu 24 Oct 2018 12:52:46 17,875 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Dombat wrote:
    Rivuzu wrote:
    I was thinking of basing my first created character on him. I think he suits my playstyle but I'm less keen on his character design compared to some others.
    So long as you keep it out of ranked! CaS characters shouldn't be allowed in there. I got caught by some stupid nonsense with a midget using Nightmares style as some things were literally unpunishable which should be normally.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.