SoulCalibur VI Page 8

Next Last
  • Dombat 24 Oct 2018 13:28:53 1,528 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Rivuzu I agree, I haven't even been playing ranked yet but from watching and listening to the experiences of others it sounds like a mistake to allow created characters in ranked. Hopefully they change that as ranked does seem to be a work in progress and I imagine the competitive scene getting more vocal about it.
  • Rivuzu 24 Oct 2018 13:52:53 17,875 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I doubt Bamco will change anything though. Just because it's tournament legal, doesn't mean they'll remove it from ranked. Look at T7 and the custom items, like the guns that are unblockable and at range - cant use in tournament, but you can in ranked.
  • Dombat 24 Oct 2018 19:50:42 1,528 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    While we're on this topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wADBEyVpQqE
  • AddyJB 24 Oct 2018 19:53:32 1,189 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    I picked Groh weapons/style for my LoS mode. Quite like the moveset.
  • Rivuzu 25 Oct 2018 10:37:22 17,875 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Reversal Edge. It's starting to get on my tits a little.

What do against someone who constantly uses it on wakeup? Any meaty pressure disappears, and all I'm left with if I don't want to return to neutral is to 8wayrun them - which they then react to with WR Horizontals.

Rock Paper Go Fuck You mechanic.

Edit: I'm not thinking. If they're doing it on wake up, bait it and sidestep - or meaty break attack, which beats it.

NEED TO BE SMARTER.

Edited by Rivuzu at 10:49:25 25-10-2018
  • Dombat 25 Oct 2018 12:11:30 1,528 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm not a fan of RE. I've not bothered to look into RE moves at all and I'm instead focusing on avoiding or punishing it's initiation.
  • Rivuzu 25 Oct 2018 12:25:11 17,875 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It's almost vital for some characters, like Geralt. He has a lot of meter burning attacks, and RE is one of the ways to build it up quicker. Some for characters who get a lot out of SC.
  • Dombat 25 Oct 2018 13:39:17 1,528 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rivuzu wrote:
    It's almost vital for some characters, like Geralt. He has a lot of meter burning attacks, and RE is one of the ways to build it up quicker. Some for characters who get a lot out of SC.
    Interesting, who else would you say falls in that category? I know Nightmare is one but I don't play him.
  • Rivuzu 25 Oct 2018 14:37:37 17,875 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Groh's strengths are from his stance, and that gets buffed massively in SC. Cervantes too, with teleport bullshit shenannigans. Ivy can use it to escape pressure as well as build up for her instant GI Critical Edge (same applies to Zasalamel and Nightmare, whose CE's also instant GI).

Really the only purpose of RE is to build meter stupid fast. If you did nothing but that for a round, you'd have two bars.
  • xero521 1 Jan 2019 11:49:23 462 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Really not fond of this online...feels like Iíve wasted £35 just seems that L1 bullshit online is all that happens! Nothing like the old SC games
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.