Messages “bricking” systems?

  • The_Goon 14 Oct 2018 10:22:41 1,166 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    https://www.vg247.com/2018/10/13/ps4-message-exploit-bricking-consoles/amp/

    Came across this article on a Facebook group I’m in. I’ve come across VG247 a number of times and think it’s a legit site but not 100% certain this isn’t “fake news”. Thought I’d share in any case.
  • Spectral 14 Oct 2018 10:49:04 6,105 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Read about it in a few places, like you not seen any real proof one way or the other though. Although from what I read it doesn't brick the console, a factory reset will apparently fix it.
  • ChiefGB 14 Oct 2018 10:55:02 9,897 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Can't really do any harm to set your messages to private anyway I guess.
  • ZuluHero 14 Oct 2018 11:02:27 6,917 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    What about messages received through the PlayStation app?
  • Baihu1983 14 Oct 2018 14:49:52 10,621 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Was just reading this


    https://imgur.com/gallery/b7etpWn
  • neilka 14 Oct 2018 14:54:35 22,268 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's vizzini crawling into your PS4 through your internet pipe.
  • Load_2.0 14 Oct 2018 14:56:28 28,397 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Just put sellotape over the RJ45 connection.
  • fontgeeksogood 14 Oct 2018 15:19:41 4,280 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    His penis has barbs, the sellotape will do nothing
  • craigy Staff 15 Oct 2018 08:25:29 9,383 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @The_Goon VG247 is legit -- it's one of our (Gamer Network's) sites. In fact, we're just about to celebrate its 10th anniversary!
  • Load_2.0 15 Oct 2018 08:30:58 28,397 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Oh we know all about your floozy VG247.

    Tell us, what exactly is it they have that we don't?

    Here we are slaving over a hot thread while you're off gallavanting all over the place with god knows who.

    We are THIS close Craigy... You stole our best years. Now you just want to trade us in for a cheap thrill...

    Edited by Load_2.0 at 08:31:30 15-10-2018
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 15 Oct 2018 08:37:04 17,462 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I told you if you stopped doing that thing he likes that this would happen.
  • elstoof 15 Oct 2018 08:40:50 22,168 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    VG247 has portable mode
  • craigy Staff 15 Oct 2018 09:22:32 9,383 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Load_2.0 just you wait and see what I've been up to with USgamer these last few months. It'll break your heart. I can't get enough of the accents over there.
  • fontgeeksogood 15 Oct 2018 09:26:08 4,280 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    When is CanadianGamer launching you racist fucks
  • Vortex808 15 Oct 2018 09:43:49 12,940 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    craigy wrote:
    @Load_2.0 just you wait and see what I've been up to with USgamer these last few months. It'll break your heart. I can't get enough of the accents over there.
    A proper working search function and portable mode for US gamer confirmed.
  • Rivuzu 15 Oct 2018 11:09:26 17,651 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    When is CanadianGamer launching you racist fucks
    BrexitGamer takes priority surely
  • Load_2.0 15 Oct 2018 11:10:32 28,397 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    craigy wrote:
    @Load_2.0 just you wait and see what I've been up to with USgamer these last few months. It'll break your heart. I can't get enough of the accents over there.
    A proper working search function and portable mode for US gamer confirmed.
    Well you won't believe what they had to do to get it.
  • fontgeeksogood 15 Oct 2018 11:10:59 4,280 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Pretty sure you guys want to trade with the Commonwealth, our maple syrup and Justin Bieber for your...whatever it is you make
  • jabberwocky 15 Oct 2018 13:23:28 152 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So if this "hack" is true why hasn't EG made any articles yet?
  • Baihu1983 15 Oct 2018 13:26:38 10,621 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    jabberwocky wrote:
    So if this "hack" is true why hasn't EG made any articles yet?
    What's more important... this or Fortnite Jumpers?
  • minky-kong 15 Oct 2018 13:33:10 14,098 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    jabberwocky wrote:
    So if this "hack" is true why hasn't EG made any articles yet?
    What's more important... this or Fortnite Jumpers?
    Neither, it's more Bowsette fanart that's the real hot topic.
  • jabberwocky 15 Oct 2018 15:23:12 152 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    minky-kong wrote:
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    jabberwocky wrote:
    So if this "hack" is true why hasn't EG made any articles yet?
    What's more important... this or Fortnite Jumpers?
    Neither, it's more Bowsette fanart that's the real hot topic.
    C'mon guys' we all know there's no article space due to Black Ops fever hitting the staff. All spare space has been allotted to BO4 story's.

    Edited by jabberwocky at 15:38:54 15-10-2018
  • Baihu1983 15 Oct 2018 18:07:49 10,621 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    jabberwocky wrote:
    minky-kong wrote:
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    jabberwocky wrote:
    So if this "hack" is true why hasn't EG made any articles yet?
    What's more important... this or Fortnite Jumpers?
    Neither, it's more Bowsette fanart that's the real hot topic.
    C'mon guys' we all know there's no article space due to Black Ops fever hitting the staff. All spare space has been allotted to BO4 story's.
    While Destiny cries in the corner remembering when it was all over the front page

    Edited by Baihu1983 at 18:08:11 15-10-2018
  • HairyArse 15 Oct 2018 19:59:09 1,168 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    This hack is true. My nephew had it happen to him last night. When he turns his console on now, he can navigate menus for about five seconds before he gets a generic error message and his whole console locks up. This was all triggered by a message from “a friend of a friend” 🙄
  • Your-Mother 15 Oct 2018 20:15:17 2,295 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    HairyArse wrote:
    This hack is true. My nephew had it happen to him last night. When he turns his console on now, he can navigate menus for about five seconds before he gets a generic error message and his whole console locks up. This was all triggered by a message from “a friend of a friend” 🙄
    Login via the PS mobile app or website and delete the message from there. That fixes it.
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.