Warhammer: Vermintide can't play online

• daviddang1989 23 Oct 2018 09:05:49 1 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Hello
    I have purchased Warhammer: Vermintide, but I'm still not able to practice for the first time.
    It just keeps searching for other users Online unsuccesfully.
    Is there any way to fix this?
    Thanks
  • JamboWayOh 23 Oct 2018 09:08:56 13,130 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Have you tried connecting to the Internet with an RJ45 cable?
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 23 Oct 2018 09:30:42 5,825 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    If you're trying to play the first game, then chances are there are just no players because they've all moved over to the far-superior sequel.
  • Graxlar_v3 23 Oct 2018 09:38:16 6,716 posts
    Seen 39 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Rogueywon Have they fixed the issue of host disconnecting terminates the game? (in the second one)

because until that is sorted it is not superior to shit.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 23 Oct 2018 09:42:43 5,825 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Graxlar_v3 No, sadly not. But the greatly improved loot-system more than compensates, as far as I'm concerned. I've racked up around 250 hours in the sequel and have only seen a handful of host disconnects/ragequits.
  • Graxlar_v3 23 Oct 2018 09:44:32 6,716 posts
    Seen 39 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    i beat the first boss with a group of randoms and then the host disconnected as we were waiting for the timer to count to zero.

I haven't been back since.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 23 Oct 2018 09:47:15 5,825 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Graxlar_v3 That's unlucky, but I'd give it another go. Guessing you were still on Recruit difficulty. That does have a higher concentration of idiots and people with completely unsuitable connections.

It's amusing how the quality of players scales up with difficulty in this game. I'm mostly playing on Champion/Legend these days, with the latter being almost entirely idiot free (though also very hard, particularly on Against the Grain and Athel Yenlui).
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 23 Oct 2018 10:24:05 5,825 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @H1ggyLTD The difficulty in it's weird. The first few missions you do will be absolute hell. The starting power-level is a bit under-tuned for Recruit difficulty and the quality of players in Recruit is generally awful. Get 3 or 4 missions under your belt and the rapid power-level increases you get from loot (even if you fail missions) will make Recruit much easier.

Most people jump over to Veteran at around the power level 100-150 range (it's not that much harder than Recruit and the loot is uncapped). Once you get to Veteran, most (but not all) of the people you are playing with will have basic map-knowledge and combat skills. Knowing how to use the map geography to adapt to various waves/elites/monsters is a big part of the game, so until you know the maps (and are playing with people who know the maps), it's really hard.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.