New Apple Stuff Page 4

  • Armoured_Bear 10 Sep 2019 21:20:27 27,354 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That midnight green iPhone 11 Pro is pretty .

  • fontgeeksogood 10 Sep 2019 21:35:15 6,762 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Lol what the actual fuck with the camera lenses
  • Armoured_Bear 10 Sep 2019 22:48:36 27,354 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    Lol what the actual fuck with the camera lenses
    They're adding one per year :)
  • beastmaster 10 Sep 2019 23:25:53 19,401 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Nicked off Twitter

    ďFinally. A phone I can shave with!Ē
  • THFourteen 11 Sep 2019 08:10:06 52,820 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    Lol what the actual fuck with the camera lenses
    Standard thesedays? Some phones have 4.
  • THFourteen 11 Sep 2019 08:10:30 52,820 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    In other news finally an Apple Watch I may consider buying.

    Probably wait for series 6 tho.
  • ozthegweat 11 Sep 2019 08:31:22 2,267 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    Lol what the actual fuck with the camera lenses
    They're adding one per year :)
    I thought the "11" in the name was the amount of cameras.
  • elstoof 11 Sep 2019 08:38:37 23,932 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    Lol what the actual fuck with the camera lenses
    I had to google what that fear of holes is called to make a joke about the cameras but itís already happening

    https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/10/apples-iphone-11-pro-triggering-people-suffer-fear-small-holes-10719653/amp/
  • THFourteen 19 Sep 2019 10:16:29 52,820 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Waiting for iPadOS to drop tonight.

    SO EXCITED.
  • Derblington 19 Sep 2019 10:18:07 31,892 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I want a new ipad. Mine is bent :(
  • nickthegun 19 Sep 2019 10:21:30 78,544 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    [Insert derbs is a homophobe joke here]

    Just had the dispatch notice for my 11. My first contract iPhone since the 5s, fact fans.
  • THFourteen 19 Sep 2019 10:22:44 52,820 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Derblington
    Ah.

    I haven't checked to see if my launch day 2018 pro is bent, its not noticeable under general use even if it is, so i'm not going to check.

    But I did buy apple care in case it got bent...
  • elstoof 19 Sep 2019 10:30:26 23,932 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I think the 5S was my last contract as well. Donít think I could stomach 75 quid a month bills ever again tbh
  • Dougs 19 Sep 2019 10:38:19 90,230 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    [Insert derbs is a homophobe joke here]

    Just had the dispatch notice for my 11. My first contract iPhone since the 5s, fact fans.
    Had enough of Android and the 3a already?!
  • Derblington 19 Sep 2019 10:52:51 31,892 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    @Derblington
    Ah.

    I haven't checked to see if my launch day 2018 pro is bent, its not noticeable under general use even if it is, so i'm not going to check.

    But I did buy apple care in case it got bent...
    Mine is a 1st gen pro.
    Thinking of grabbing the 11 inch gen 3.
  • JamboWayOh 19 Sep 2019 11:13:17 14,721 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    I think the 5S was my last contract as well. Donít think I could stomach 75 quid a month bills ever again tbh
    75 quid a month?!
  • elstoof 19 Sep 2019 11:15:09 23,932 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Thatís generally what a £1000 handset equates to, isnít it
  • elstoof 19 Sep 2019 11:20:58 23,932 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Just checked EE, the cheapest contract for a Pro is 65pm, with 1GB of data. If you want to actually use your phone anywhere but your house, then youíre looking at about 80 quid for 30GB and up to 90 for unlimited data
  • JamboWayOh 19 Sep 2019 11:22:18 14,721 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I don't know I've not had a flagship phone in almost 10 years.
  • JamboWayOh 19 Sep 2019 11:23:29 14,721 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    Just checked EE, the cheapest contract for a Pro is 65pm, with 1GB of data. If you want to actually use your phone anywhere but your house, then youíre looking at about 80 quid for 30GB and up to 90 for unlimited data
    Well that's just fucking ridiculous. Surely it would be better to buy the phone outright?
  • elstoof 19 Sep 2019 11:25:10 23,932 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I stopped doing contracts, rather just buy outright and have a 20 quid monthly. I can get £290 trade in for my X apparently, fairly tempting. No problems with it though, still runs well enough
  • yegon 19 Sep 2019 11:26:49 6,394 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Waiting for iPadOS to drop tonight.

    SO EXCITED.
    Itís great. Been using public beta 8 on it for a while now, itís been pretty stable for me. I didnít update to the 13.1 beta as it was purportedly pretty bad.

    Highlights of iPadOS for me are;

    -Shortcuts widget on the home screen.
    -usb stick usage at last! I bought one of these - GOOD price right now actually! -great when Iím transferring stuff, rather than hooking up to iTunes, yuck! Not the fastest stick, but dual C and A connection is handy.

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Ultra-Flash-Drive-Type-C/dp/B06XC1WGQR/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=usb+c+memory+stick&qid=1568888738&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&sr=8-5

    -32 icons on home page. Same ďformationĒ in landscape and portrait. Springboard needs rethinking in the long term, but it works, and it works well.
    -long press of icons. I actually used 3D Touch on iPhones so the long press is welcome.
    -dark mode is great
    -Safari is way WAY better, short of using a trackpad/mouse (which you can now, but I donít), feels more like browsing on a laptop as you can completely shake off mobile view if you want.
    -multiple instances of same app. Not used it that often but when I have, itís reminded me how limited it was previously and feels much more mac like.

    Edited by yegon at 11:28:47 19-09-2019

    Edited by yegon at 11:42:52 19-09-2019
  • elstoof 19 Sep 2019 11:27:45 23,932 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    elstoof wrote:
    Just checked EE, the cheapest contract for a Pro is 65pm, with 1GB of data. If you want to actually use your phone anywhere but your house, then youíre looking at about 80 quid for 30GB and up to 90 for unlimited data
    Well that's just fucking ridiculous. Surely it would be better to buy the phone outright?
    Always better, but chucking over a grand at a phone is a mental hurdle. Same with cars, you think £40k is a lot of money then you do the PCP man-maths and drive off the forecourt in a TTS
  • JamboWayOh 19 Sep 2019 11:28:49 14,721 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    I stopped doing contracts, rather just buy outright and have a 20 quid monthly. I can get £290 trade in for my X apparently, fairly tempting. No problems with it though, still runs well enough
    Yeah that was always my way of doing things. I can't believe those contract prices.
  • JamboWayOh 19 Sep 2019 11:30:50 14,721 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    elstoof wrote:
    Just checked EE, the cheapest contract for a Pro is 65pm, with 1GB of data. If you want to actually use your phone anywhere but your house, then youíre looking at about 80 quid for 30GB and up to 90 for unlimited data
    Well that's just fucking ridiculous. Surely it would be better to buy the phone outright?
    Always better, but chucking over a grand at a phone is a mental hurdle. Same with cars, you think £40k is a lot of money then you do the PCP man-maths and drive off the forecourt in a TTS
    Perhaps but I'm guessing once you start adding up how much you'd spent over the contract period you'd feel sick. But then I suppose they bank on people not doing that because all they think is that they're not spunking over a grand upfront.
  • nickthegun 19 Sep 2019 11:35:14 78,544 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Had enough of Android and the 3a already?!
    There was kind of a pileup of circumstances. My daughter is on PAYG and, having started senior school, is caning through credit, my contract for the S8 ended this week and the S8 itself that the Mrs uses has a camera that is failing.

    So.... the 3a is going to the Mrs with her existing SIMO and I've taken out the £36 a month for 10gb from sky for the iPhone 11 and got them to chuck in a 1gb SIMO contract for the girl for an extra 2 quid.

    She gets unlimited texts and minutes and gets to share my unused data, which will generally be about 4gb a month.

    Hmm... that's quite a comprehensive update..
  • elstoof 19 Sep 2019 11:36:28 23,932 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Youíre spending an extra 500 quid or so on interest over the 2 year contract, basically
  • JamboWayOh 19 Sep 2019 11:38:41 14,721 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ahhh, the days of a 12 month contract. Halycon days.
  • beastmaster 19 Sep 2019 11:48:43 19,401 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    When does the Pro Max come out?
  • THFourteen 19 Sep 2019 11:51:35 52,820 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @yegon

    I already know the answer to this but is there any chance it will convert mkv files to iTunes format when you plug in the USB?


    I play all my acquired files in VLC but it would be good to have PiP...
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.