Digital artists! Wacom MSP or HP ZBook x2?

• Meggamugabe 10 Nov 2018 22:47:03 53 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Both cost an arm and a leg. I'm close to pulling the trigger on the ZBook but wanted to hear from other digital artists.
    Cheaper alternative would be a Surface book 2, or even cheaper a Surface pro. But I'm reading some bad stuff about jittery lines.

The absolute cheapest way to go would be a galaxy tab s4 I guess, and importing the drawings to the main computer for finishing the work in Photoshop, but it would be nicer to be able to get the work done in one go.
  • mothercruncher 11 Nov 2018 20:07:46 17,622 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Bichii
  • THFourteen 11 Nov 2018 20:35:11 53,500 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    iPad Pro 2k edition.
  • Meggamugabe 11 Nov 2018 22:37:43 53 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    There were a few reasons I didn't include anything from Apple. Let's just say I'm not a fan!
  • Deleted user 12 November 2018 01:41:58
    Post deleted
  • d_h1234 12 Nov 2018 11:02:49 261 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I don't have an opinion on any all-in-one solutions like the OP mentioned, but I'm curious why you don't want to save some money and go with an Intuos or Cintiq? I use a small Cintiq 13 and it works great for what I need, which is mainly Zbrush and Substance Painter.

The products the OP mentions seem very pricey to be able to do work anywhere anytime, which to me makes me think of just doodling/sketching on a break, not doing serious work. You also won't have the opportunity to have another monitor with some reference art or photographs, because you'll be at a bus stop or something, getting smacked on the head and having your two grand tablet stolen.

Basically OP; why do you want a laptop+tablet combination thing instead of potentially saving a lot of money and going the traditional route?
  • Meggamugabe 12 Nov 2018 21:18:23 53 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @d_h1234 i have a Cintiq, but i need the mobility for various reasons and I can't drag that thing with me! Anyway, after a ridiculous amount of googling, I think the zbook, expensive as it is, is the best solution for my work situation. I can update this post with how I find it, should I buy it and there's interest in that kind of thing.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.