Warframe (switch)

• Erekose1 21 Nov 2018 13:08:40 8 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Iím starting a Warframe thread for any who might be interested in learning and chatting about the game, or playing together. I think the game is amazing and itís free to play for those that fancy giving it a go. For those that donít know, itís a third person sci- fi looter-shooter with a very, very generous and fair monetisation system. In a nutshell all content in the game is accessible in game,and can be earned as in-game loot or to trade for with other players, meaning you donít need to spend a penny if you donít want to.

Gameplay wise Warframe also has some of the best movement, mechanics and all around depth of customisation of any game Iíve ever played, not to mention the lore. And the game is massively huge. On my PS account I have clocked more than 700 hours at MR19 and still have hundreds of hours of content yet to complete. I have so much love for this game Iím willing to start from the beginning all over again just for the prospect of being able to play it on the go.

Having said all of that Warframe is also notoriously obtuse and hard for beginners to get to grips with. Very little is explained and newcomers often get confused, frustrated and leave in the early game. Luckily itís also a very social game and thatís why I want to encourage Switch owners to try it, and play with others as the community are very friendly and welcoming.

Iím personally very happy to help people myself, either in-game or by answering any questions that players may have.

Above all I just hope lots more people will enjoy the game and I look forward to playing with Switch players.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 21 Nov 2018 13:12:56 20,109 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
  • neilka 21 Nov 2018 13:21:06 22,559 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Warframe is where user Decks puts his drawings.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 21 Nov 2018 13:31:46 20,109 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    That's quite a subtle joke that few may get neilka. Well done.
  • Malek86 21 Nov 2018 13:45:31 8,490 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The OP doesn't say anything about the jump mechanic. Are you trying to tell me it isn't noteworthy?
  • macmurphy 21 Nov 2018 13:47:15 3,835 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    Warframe is where user Decks puts his drawings.
    😂

I feel like we were already Switch chums erekose? Are you goodform, I had no idea.
  • Malek86 21 Nov 2018 15:26:40 8,490 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
  • Dgzter 21 Nov 2018 16:36:43 2,780 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    For the love of god, someone capitalise that Ďsí!

On topic: really liking it so far. There certainly is an overwhelming amount of Ďstuffí for a complete newcomer to take in, mind you. I also noticed a rather serious drop in graphical fidelity when in the hub area, whilst in hand held mode. Movement and controls feel great though.
  • Devilligan 21 Nov 2018 17:31:14 598 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    First question:

Do you need an online account to play it?
  • Dgzter 21 Nov 2018 17:44:13 2,780 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You donít need Nintendo Online, if thatís what you mean? The game seems to have itís own online infrastructure, which doesnít require you to pay anything. Itís 100% online though, so youíll need to be in WiFi range or whatever, as I understand it.
  • DangerousDave_87 21 Nov 2018 19:19:42 6,093 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Free games don't require the online pass to play online. Paladins and Fortnite are also free to play online.
  • Cadence 21 Nov 2018 20:35:01 2,309 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Dgzter wrote:
    For the love of god, someone capitalise that Ďsí!

On topic: really liking it so far. There certainly is an overwhelming amount of Ďstuffí for a complete newcomer to take in, mind you. I also noticed a rather serious drop in graphical fidelity when in the hub area, whilst in hand held mode. Movement and controls feel great though.
    I think the dynamic resolution really kicks in for those areas. It's quite noticeable in handheld, but not so bad docked. I'm finding it quite tricky to play with the joycons too. Hopefully there'll be a decent deal on the pro controller this Friday/Monday.
  • myk 21 Nov 2018 22:11:03 716 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    If anyone needs a clan, give me a shout. Already got the labs built and the basic crafting components cooking.
  • Erekose1 22 Nov 2018 21:32:36 8 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    The OP doesn't say anything about the jump mechanic. Are you trying to tell me it isn't noteworthy?
    I recommended the advanced movement tutorial largely for the jumping.
  • neilka 23 Nov 2018 00:53:22 22,559 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Is this the one with pre-patch fire kicks?

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.