Euro 2020 Page 7

• nickthegun 14 Oct 2019 21:37:49 79,230 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I know the standard excuse is 'its not fair on the rest of the fans' but fuck that. If England fans were doing that, I would welcome us being booted out of the competition.

Just get rid of them for the remainder of the tournament.

It genuinely boggles the mind how difficult they make this. Chat shit, get banged. It's the only way they will learn.
  • Joyless_Man 14 Oct 2019 21:39:03 627 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    I'd be happy to be banned for a long time just to stop that trumpet cunt from attending game.s
  • Dougs 14 Oct 2019 21:39:27 91,055 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    And the level of fine given to those who are guilty. It's just a nonsense. Same amount for racist abuse as a minor admin error
  • fontgeeksogood 14 Oct 2019 21:43:08 7,565 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The focus on Sterling is so unfair, as an aside. There will again be a load of press questions for him. He's just a fucking 24 year old kid who plays football, the expectation for him to "represent black players" is, in itself, racist.

Ahh, football, you utter cunt
  • eleven63 14 Oct 2019 21:43:33 2,563 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    A win is a win. But, fuck me, ban this utter shit. Just ban them, 10 years minimum!
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 14 Oct 2019 21:44:23 11,368 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    And the level of fine given to those who are guilty. It's just a nonsense. Same amount for racist abuse as a minor admin error
    Bendtner got a heavier fine for wearing pants with the branding of a betting company who weren't an official sponsor of the competition than you'd get for open unashamed racist abuse
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 14 Oct 2019 21:45:16 11,368 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Bans are the future
  • nickthegun 14 Oct 2019 21:48:42 79,230 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    The focus on Sterling is so unfair, as an aside. There will again be a load of press questions for him. He's just a fucking 24 year old kid who plays football, the expectation for him to "represent black players" is, in itself, racist
    The irony being that our racist press have probably prepared him for being that as well as anyone else.

When you hear him speak now he's really actually pretty thoughtful and eloquent.
  • superdelphinus 14 Oct 2019 21:55:32 10,153 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    The focus on Sterling is so unfair, as an aside. There will again be a load of press questions for him. He's just a fucking 24 year old kid who plays football, the expectation for him to "represent black players" is, in itself, racist
    The irony being that our racist press have probably prepared him for being that as well as anyone else.

When you hear him speak now he's really actually pretty thoughtful and eloquent.
    Yeah I think heís grown into that role pretty impressively
  • JamboWayOh 14 Oct 2019 21:56:36 15,740 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    The focus on Sterling is so unfair, as an aside. There will again be a load of press questions for him. He's just a fucking 24 year old kid who plays football, the expectation for him to "represent black players" is, in itself, racist.

'Sterling seen laughing while shopping after racist taunt match.'

That's my Daily Mail article headline prediction.
  • its-H1ggyLTD 14 Oct 2019 22:21:50 546 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 months ago
  • CrispyXUKTurbo 14 Oct 2019 22:37:00 2,281 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Not sure you can take that the way you think, Bulgarian team didnít look happy about theirs fans
  • fontgeeksogood 14 Oct 2019 22:44:18 7,565 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    That's the Turkish team, homeslice.

A wonderful few days for football
  • CrispyXUKTurbo 14 Oct 2019 23:00:28 2,281 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    A fair play, itís not the same salute though is it? Regardless - Bulgaria should be banned, this was their detention game and they were even worse.

Plus to this is that it shows how blatant people are about this when commentators are saying progress is being made. Sterling only has to order anchovies on his pizza and heís automatically worse than John terry and fucked Rooney up the arse when he was shagging a granny

Edited by CrispyXUKTurbo at 23:00:42 14-10-2019
  • fontgeeksogood 14 Oct 2019 23:07:56 7,565 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    They're saluting the Turkish armed forces. Its unsavory at best and I'm fairly certain against Fifa rules on political statements
  • Alastair 14 Oct 2019 23:54:35 23,934 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Glad England pumped the arseholes.
    Paging Innuendobot...
  • Dougs 15 Oct 2019 06:55:09 91,055 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    They're saluting the Turkish armed forces. Its unsavory at best and I'm fairly certain against Fifa rules on political statements
    #poppygate
  • You-can-call-me-kal 15 Oct 2019 06:59:07 17,917 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Whatís the significance of the Turkish team saluting? I donít get it.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 15 Oct 2019 07:01:20 21,502 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Showing their support for the attack on the Syria I guess?
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 15 Oct 2019 07:01:57 21,502 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Syria. Not The Syria.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 15 Oct 2019 07:35:16 17,917 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Oh I see.

Thatís fucked.
  • elstoof 15 Oct 2019 07:42:47 24,433 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    If arsenal fans insist on saying ďthe arsenalĒ Without being pulled up then you can say ďthe SyriaĒ if you want Decks
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 15 Oct 2019 07:51:42 21,502 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Al-Assad out!
  • Armoured_Bear 15 Oct 2019 08:27:41 27,514 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    Wankers.

As are the BBC with their "Turkish army clashes with Kurdish fighters in northern Syria." shit.

Armed police shoot peaceful protestors and they are "clashes", army invades country, rapes and stones women to death - "clashes".
    Love the balance, BBC.
  • evild_edd 15 Oct 2019 09:53:54 4,172 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Completely agree with the above comments on the depressing scenes at last night's match. Seems like a hefty exclusion for the national team might be the only proper deterrent.

Picking up on fontgeeksogood's aside:
    fontgeeksogood wrote:

I ask my own aside:

Are you still a "kid" at 24? I find it weird that professional footballers of all ages are still seen as youngsters. Fair enough for the teenagers who are new on the scene, but a 24-year-old person is an adult by any measure.

That's not to say Sterling hasn't had to deal with more shit than any person should - he has, thanks to some sections of our despicable press - but he's hardly a child. That fact that he's stood up to tackle the issue on his own terms shows his maturity.
  • SolidSCB 15 Oct 2019 10:23:18 11,728 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    24 in footballer years is like 10 in people years.
  • X201 15 Oct 2019 10:27:16 19,577 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    That's a bit generous given some footballers
  • THFourteen 15 Oct 2019 11:18:15 53,174 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    When I was 24 I was not a kid. Now that I am 38, I know I was a kid when I was 24 :-)

They mentioned on commentary last night that Rashford apparently used to be a mortgage advisor before he got into professional football. Props to him.
  • tonyferrino 15 Oct 2019 11:22:47 329 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Mings, not Rashford. And I think he worked in a cold-calling operation trying to sell mortgage products - not quite an advisor. But still, at least he has some life experience.
  • fontgeeksogood 15 Oct 2019 11:53:48 7,565 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    evild_edd wrote:
    Completely agree with the above comments on the depressing scenes at last night's match. Seems like a hefty exclusion for the national team might be the only proper deterrent.

Picking up on fontgeeksogood's aside:
    fontgeeksogood wrote:

I ask my own aside:

Are you still a "kid" at 24? I find it weird that professional footballers of all ages are still seen as youngsters. Fair enough for the teenagers who are new on the scene, but a 24-year-old person is an adult by any measure.

That's not to say Sterling hasn't had to deal with more shit than any person should - he has, thanks to some sections of our despicable press - but he's hardly a child. That fact that he's stood up to tackle the issue on his own terms shows his maturity.
    He shouldn't have to, was my point. The age is really not the takeaway message I wanted to make. He shouldn't have had to have media training (etc), he's been put into the limelight by racist press and the do-gooders equally by having him have to feel like he was some kind of standard bearer for black players.

Racism in football is insidious

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.