12. Metro Redux
    13. Civ 6
    14. Sins of a Solar Empire
    15. Warhammer Mechanicus
    16. Papers, Please
  • docrob 5 Dec 2018 23:43:27 1,040 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Iíd get Divinity: Original Sin. Will be cheap now the sequel is out, and itís great.

Edited by docrob at 23:43:50 05-12-2018
  • bad09 6 Dec 2018 06:25:43 8,581 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If sims are yor thing the Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator are pure crack.

Ship Simulator is fun, Silent Hunter games are also fun.

FSX will cater to your flying needs, if you fancy world war 2 there is IL2-sturmovik.

If your laptop is powerful and can handle it VR is something I recommend you look into as well, lots more possibilities than the console offering.
  • MadCaddy13 6 Dec 2018 07:36:19 2,996 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    bad09 wrote:
    If sims are yor thing the Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator are pure crack.

Ship Simulator is fun, Silent Hunter games are also fun.

FSX will cater to your flying needs, if you fancy world war 2 there is IL2-sturmovik.

If your laptop is powerful and can handle it VR is something I recommend you look into as well, lots more possibilities than the console offering.
    Thanks for the tips there, I wouldnít want to get drawn into those truck sims, Iím a laughing stock in my household as it is!

The laptop Iím getting supports VR, but Iíll wait until technology improves before going into all that. Already have a PSVR
  • OnlyJoeKing 6 Dec 2018 09:47:11 776 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Slay the Spire.

It's so good.
  • GloatingSwine 6 Dec 2018 10:59:20 3,783 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If you like Diablo-em-ups then try out Path of Exile (free) and/or Grim Dawn (cheap on GoG).

Edited by GloatingSwine at 10:59:57 06-12-2018
  • Blackmarsh63 6 Dec 2018 11:07:40 1,886 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @MadCaddy13 Fallout 3 is a bit buggy on newer versions of Windows. There's a few fixes etc around and it's well worth persevering with.
  • whatfruitlivesagain 6 Dec 2018 11:12:13 1,444 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    If you are searching for a turn based game I love the underrated Age of Wonders 3. You can usually pick it up for pennies on most key reselling websites.

Door Kickers is an essential a RTS with a pause mode. You assume control of a SWAT team were each time you are looking to execute the perfect plan.

FTL is a perfectly formed rouguelike spaceship strategy game were you are fleeing evil rebel forces.
  • KnuttinAtoll 6 Dec 2018 11:26:03 6,412 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Blackmarsh63 wrote:
    @MadCaddy13 Fallout 3 is a bit buggy on newer versions of Windows. There's a few fixes etc around and it's well worth persevering with.
    Honestly I would really recommend swapping out Fallout 3 with Fallout New Vegas on your list OP. It's the better game, both technically and gameplay wise.

Still have FO3:GOTY in my Steam library but it's a massive faff to get it working on W10, due to the above I haven't really bothered trying to play this again (100% it years ago).
  • bad09 6 Dec 2018 18:01:09 8,581 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    MadCaddy13 wrote:

Thanks for the tips there, I wouldnít want to get drawn into those truck sims, Iím a laughing stock in my household as it is!

The laptop Iím getting supports VR, but Iíll wait until technology improves before going into all that. Already have a PSVR
    I haven't personally used PSVR but PC is a lot better from what I've read. Personally the tech is there other than the loss of resolution....which doesn't really matter in VR TBH.

As for the family laughing at truck sims. You'll be surprised how they all suddenly want a go even if they've never played a single game before. It's the strangest thing and I've never seen a game do that ever. Something about driving big trucks just flicks people's switch I guess. Genuinely bloody good games :)

Edited by bad09 at 18:14:13 06-12-2018
  • MadCaddy13 6 Dec 2018 21:39:25 2,996 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @bad09

Yeah my mate was saying that today, he said they just draw you in for an unknown reason!
    I might have a crack... maybe
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.