Switch - Christmas

  • Spud98 5 Dec 2018 21:11:37 4 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Hi

    I've been asked if I would like a switch as a Christmas present but after the recent news of an updated switch coming out next year I'm wondering if there's any point getting the regular one?

    Opinions appreciated!

    Thanks
  • BigOrkWaaagh 5 Dec 2018 21:12:29 8,449 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's free isn't it? Of course you would.
  • H1ggyLTD 5 Dec 2018 21:20:46 11,926 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So many spuds circa 98.
  • Spud98 5 Dec 2018 21:53:32 4 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    H1ggyLTD wrote:
    So many spuds circa 98.
    😂
  • THFourteen 5 Dec 2018 21:56:04 51,185 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Nothing official on the new switch yet.
  • GuybrushFreepwood 5 Dec 2018 23:35:58 585 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    What TH said. The new switch is just a rumour.
  • ZuluHero 5 Dec 2018 23:48:01 7,194 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Switch Christmas for what? Easter?

    I'd get it now, great machine, loads of stuff on it now. Probably what I play on the most, especially now it's gotten colder, portable mode in bed :)
  • Spud98 6 Dec 2018 00:01:13 4 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    Switch Christmas for what? Easter?

    I'd get it now, great machine, loads of stuff on it now. Probably what I play on the most, especially now it's gotten colder, portable mode in bed :)
    Yeah I'll get it for Christmas! Wondering have they added youtube and Netflix yet? If not, I hope they do eventually
  • ZuluHero 6 Dec 2018 00:13:37 7,194 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Still no video streaming services which kinda sucks. And you also have to pay a subscription to play online now, but it's still a great bit of kit.
  • richardiox 6 Dec 2018 00:30:57 7,575 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Spud98 wrote:
    Hi

    I've been asked if I would like a switch as a Christmas present but after the recent news of an updated switch coming out next year I'm wondering if there's any point getting the regular one?

    Opinions appreciated!

    Thanks
    I read that as "onions appreciated". Need to hit the hay.
  • Spud98 6 Dec 2018 00:32:36 4 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    richardiox wrote:
    Spud98 wrote:
    Hi

    I've been asked if I would like a switch as a Christmas present but after the recent news of an updated switch coming out next year I'm wondering if there's any point getting the regular one?

    Opinions appreciated!

    Thanks
    I read that as "onions appreciated". Need to hit the hay.
    😂
  • neilka 6 Dec 2018 00:35:50 22,464 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    It'll be flying off the shelves at Christmas

    FLYING
    L
    Y
    I
    N
    G
  • CompetitiveDad 6 Dec 2018 05:21:05 8,136 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Spud98 wrote:
    ZuluHero wrote:
    Switch Christmas for what? Easter?

    I'd get it now, great machine, loads of stuff on it now. Probably what I play on the most, especially now it's gotten colder, portable mode in bed :)
    Yeah I'll get it for Christmas! Wondering have they added youtube and Netflix yet? If not, I hope they do eventually

    YouTube is on the switch.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 6 Dec 2018 06:51:10 8,449 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    An awful lot of people moaned about not having YouTube, but I'd love to know how many people actually use it.
  • GuybrushFreepwood 6 Dec 2018 07:08:36 585 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    @BigOrkWaaagh I've not and doubt I will. Diablo 3 is much better than cat videos
  • Mola_Ram 6 Dec 2018 07:38:27 19,365 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I wouldn't mind Netflix, but yeah I've never watched YT on Switch. There's too many other options.
  • THFourteen 6 Dec 2018 08:20:39 51,185 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    BigOrkWaaagh wrote:
    An awful lot of people moaned about not having YouTube, but I'd love to know how many people actually use it.
    Id use it if it had PiP or background audio.
  • Load_2.0 6 Dec 2018 08:25:53 28,786 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Get one before they halt production.
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.