The Outer Worlds Page 21

• Mola_Ram 4 Nov 2019 13:29:58 21,765 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I understand the general "not having time" thing tbf. It's the main reason I'm waiting to get this on Switch.
  • Duffking 4 Nov 2019 14:44:32 16,402 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I can't think of any way you'd ever find the repairing a problem in this game. There's so many junk weapons and parts lying around you'll have hundreds just sitting there quite quickly. Same for money, ammo, lockpicks, everything. It's so abundant I question why they even bothered having them be limited in the first place. I enjoy the game but the depth is skin deep, most of the stats don't even feel like they do anything either.
  • Flying_Pig 4 Nov 2019 14:44:40 16,333 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    I understand the general "not having time" thing tbf. It's the main reason I'm waiting to get this on Switch.
    Same :)
  • nickthegun 4 Nov 2019 15:14:49 79,230 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Duffking wrote:
    I can't think of any way you'd ever find the repairing a problem in this game. There's so many junk weapons and parts lying around you'll have hundreds just sitting there quite quickly.
    It feels like weapon/armour degradation is just there to give you something to do with the billions of weapons you find, so you donít end up hoarding them like in fallout. Itís so light touch it genuinely feels pointless*

*Im sure itís quite hardcore and oppressive in harder difficulty modes
  • Carlo 4 Nov 2019 18:39:52 20,685 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Duffking wrote:
    I can't think of any way you'd ever find the repairing a problem in this game. There's so many junk weapons and parts lying around you'll have hundreds just sitting there quite quickly.
    It feels like weapon/armour degradation is just there to give you something to do with the billions of weapons you find, so you donít end up hoarding them like in fallout. Itís so light touch it genuinely feels pointless*

*Im sure itís quite hardcore and oppressive in harder difficulty modes
    And the same goes for all the potions and healing and stuff. I don't use anything but the default one, which I have loads off and I try not too use too much of anything, as you can end up getting addicted to it, but I imagine on harder difficulties, it's a lot more significant.
  • nickthegun 4 Nov 2019 18:47:40 79,230 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Yeah, on normal, I stopped picking up consumables by the time I finished my first visit to the space station. I had like 90 adrenos and figured that was enough.
  • d_h1234 4 Nov 2019 19:34:03 201 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Yeah, on normal, I stopped picking up consumables by the time I finished my first visit to the space station. I had like 90 adrenos and figured that was enough.
    Same here, eventually I realised I was so laden down with food consumables I couldn't carry any of the good stuff. Sold it all at the next opportunity, never carried food again, and never used any food once. In a way I wish it was similar to Bioshock, where you pick up food and it instantly heals you for a bit, rather than each food item having a specific stat buff.
  • nickthegun 4 Nov 2019 20:02:41 79,230 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    less is more, really. There are so many food items, I donít even look at them.
  • Murbs 4 Nov 2019 20:06:42 24,461 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Same :)
    Yup. And if the Switch port is a dud the ps4 version will be half the price by then with any luck.
  • ChiefGB 4 Nov 2019 21:10:10 11,646 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah the consumables are ridiculous, and unnecessary. Well, Iím assuming the survival difficulty or whatever itís called there will be some need for it but how many people will actually play it that way?
  • Malek86 4 Nov 2019 21:44:48 9,126 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I bet the consumables are only there because they wanted to ape the average Bethesda game. The game would arguably be better if it didn't have half the items. They are a pain to pick up, too.
  • chopsen 4 Nov 2019 22:32:05 20,631 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Tbh even ammo got a bit like that for me. By the end stage I had several thousand of every type of ammo. And that was on normal.

I'm assuming it all gets a bit more pressured on higher difficulties.
  • Dombat 4 Nov 2019 23:15:41 1,663 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm playing on hard, still early on in the game and I'm already racking up the ammo and have way more consumables than I need.
  • quadfather 5 Nov 2019 16:35:38 35,260 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've had some more time with this now and I've got really settled with it. Got a long gun for headshots and a decent shotgun for up close and things are starting to explode quite nicely now.
  • Carlo 6 Nov 2019 15:41:53 20,685 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Finished! 17.5 hours. 'good' ending. Lots of side quests, and I hit level 27.

Thoroughly recommend it!
  • QPRHOOPS81 6 Nov 2019 15:51:22 15 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    anyone else hit the game breaking bug on the final planet (Tartarus). Where you go into a room (with chairman Rockwell) and it hard crashes (on PC). I googled it and its a problem for a lot of people if not everyone. If this happens to you its due to a bug with having the cloaking sheild on. The fix is to either enter through the other entrance or dismiss your buddies before you enter the room.

https://imgur.com/a/xSnoPCE

good news is its the only bug i found in the game. Its a bad one though at least there is a work around.

Edited by QPRHOOPS81 at 15:52:19 06-11-2019
  • Carlo 6 Nov 2019 16:24:10 20,685 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I had no bugs or crashes whatsoever throughout the entire game.
  • kentmonkey 6 Nov 2019 16:38:00 23,191 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Is there any way you can increase the text size on Xbox?? I can barely read it from the distance I sit at.
  • Carlo 6 Nov 2019 16:41:52 20,685 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    No idea, PC for me
  • Darth_Flibble 6 Nov 2019 17:16:51 3,728 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I had the crash on the bit with chairman rockwell but on xbox, I solved it by shooting from outside the room and the companions finsihed him off. Also had a bug where pavarti died when I was talking to Felix on the ship (but reloaded a save)
  • quadfather 6 Nov 2019 18:23:55 35,260 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've just done the main questline to sort out the radio transmissions just before that ship crashes into the same planet. How far through am I would you say?
  • MrAGSystems 6 Nov 2019 18:36:06 255 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    Finished today on hard, about 35 hours, maxed out my level too (level 30). Really enjoyed it. There's an element of jank to it, but the writing and dialogue lifts it, more than the sum of its parts.
  • Bichii 6 Nov 2019 19:06:19 2,005 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    I've just done the main questline to sort out the radio transmissions just before that ship crashes into the same planet. How far through am I would you say?
    Completely depends how many side stuff you do. The main story isn't long. Main story you're probably half way ish.
  • Bichii 6 Nov 2019 19:07:40 2,005 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Think I'm pretty much at the end. Dunno, loved the dialogue and characters but a lot of the rest just left me cold. All the big decisions in the last few hours I haven't cared about which I picked or what was happening, which is pretty bad for a RPG game.
  • quadfather 6 Nov 2019 19:19:21 35,260 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bichii wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    Completely depends how many side stuff you do. The main story isn't long. Main story you're probably half way ish.
    Right cool, cheers. I've done a fair bit of side missions. I'm level 21 at the stage I'm at now
  • Carlo 6 Nov 2019 20:00:07 20,685 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    If you want to rush it, I reckon you can do it in 2 hours. I went from there to the credits rolling in about 3 or 4.

I got all of the characters, but only finished the questlines on the two I used for most of game. Pavarti's story was one of the greatest I've seen in a game, she was so well written so I can see why she's a favorite of people who are talking about this game.

Edited by Carlo at 20:05:59 06-11-2019
  • Bichii 6 Nov 2019 20:52:55 2,005 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Pav was easily my favourite character. I enjoyed her side quest to, even though is was the length of most games.:)
  • quadfather 6 Nov 2019 21:10:22 35,260 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah im doing pavratis quest as we speak. The vicar's is quite good too. Not sure about Felix yet. That's all I've got
  • cov 6 Nov 2019 21:36:11 2,008 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I am stuck on the vicar as i cut off the power and cant get back into thr teon without killing everyone, oops... am about where you are quaddy and lvl 21 too
  • cov 6 Nov 2019 21:37:05 2,008 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Just noticed new bioshocky game has cone out - come to sea, looks interesting, anyone played it?

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.