The all new Official Christmas Thread Page 2

• JamboWayOh 13 Dec 2018 09:07:12 11,267 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    thelzdking wrote:
    Why no booze?
    From my personal knowledge of all gay men around the world, they all have amazing abs which they can only achieve through a ban on consuming simple carbs like booze and hours of work in the gym with lots of extended eye contact with other gym users.

Edited by JamboWayOh at 09:10:16 13-12-2018
  • GuybrushFreepwood 13 Dec 2018 09:09:13 521 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Eh?
  • JamboWayOh 13 Dec 2018 09:10:37 11,267 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Go back a page.
  • thelzdking 13 Dec 2018 09:13:10 8,960 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    thelzdking wrote:
    Why no booze?
    From my personal knowledge of all gay men around the world, they all have amazing abs which they can only achieve through a ban on consuming simple carbs like booze and hours of work in the gym with lots of extended eye contact with other gym users.
    I wish I was gay enough to give up simple carbs.
  • GuybrushFreepwood 13 Dec 2018 09:22:10 521 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Still not getting the joke, but then I was working until midnight, so I'm tired.

This will be my third Christmas without alcohol. The first was a bit of a sod, but the second I really enjoyed. This time I've not even thought about doing it sober.

I've sadly got other carbs that replaced booze.
  • JamboWayOh 13 Dec 2018 09:32:56 11,267 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Look who's back. It's a Christmas miracle!
  • minky-kong 13 Dec 2018 09:37:27 14,099 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sambogaybo wrote:
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    thelzdking wrote:
    Why no booze?
    When trying to hard to be funny and fit in makes you look like a cunt.
    Looks like someone wants to make eyes at Jambo across a crowded gym.
  • GoatApocalypse 13 Dec 2018 10:06:47 5,245 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Going low key this year. My wife and I are saving our pennies for a weekend break in January, I'm training for boxing in March so I won't be gorging myself and we've got a few bits for the kids.

Been a really tough year, this one. Nearly fucked my marriage up, been diagnosed with depression and anxiety, flirted with alcoholism, decided to quit my job. Last couple of months have all been about personal growth, which can be fucking painful at times.

Anyway - looking forward to some time off and some space to reflect.
  • JamboWayOh 13 Dec 2018 10:08:30 11,267 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    GoatApocalypse wrote:
    Going low key this year. My wife and I are saving our pennies for a weekend break in January, I'm training for boxing in March so I won't be gorging myself and we've got a few bits for the kids.

Been a really tough year, this one. Nearly fucked my marriage up, been diagnosed with depression and anxiety, flirted with alcoholism, decided to quit my job. Last couple of months have all been about personal growth, which can be fucking painful at times.

Anyway - looking forward to some time off and some space to reflect.
    We don't agree on politics but I'll always congratulate anyone managing to make it through the other side of some difficult times. Good luck for the new year mate, keep on going.
  • GoatApocalypse 13 Dec 2018 10:26:54 5,245 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @JamboWayOh

I think we probably have a lot more common ground than the internet allows us to recognise but for what it's worth, I respect your opinions on politics (even if I rarely show it) and value your counsel on personal shit.

So cheers, pal.
  • fontgeeksogood 13 Dec 2018 10:28:55 4,699 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    thelzdking wrote:
    Why no booze?
    Nothing to do with sexuality or body image, all to do with the realisation a few months ago when doing a fast and having to taper that my relationship with booze is horrific and I really needed to quit it
  • JamboWayOh 13 Dec 2018 10:55:42 11,267 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    GoatApocalypse wrote:
    @JamboWayOh

I think we probably have a lot more common ground than the internet allows us to recognise but for what it's worth, I respect your opinions on politics (even if I rarely show it) and value your counsel on personal shit.

So cheers, pal.
    Ah fuck.... I think I've got something in my eye...
  • the_milkybar_kid 13 Dec 2018 11:04:57 7,874 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Bit of a bummer this year, got to work the Monday Thursday and Friday so won't get to spend much time with the kids (first year with 2 of the blighters) but got the following week off. We're also on our arse financially after moving house, unexpectedly having to redecorate every room in the house, tiling, new carpets, extension, garage converted and the wife being on the last leg of her maternity leave. But it's done and next year shouldn't be so bad. It's nice seeing it all decorated and the lights are up outside. Most people on our old street didn't bother with lights outside, or the ones that did looked really shite. But there's 5 houses on our cul-de-sac and 4 out of the 5 have got lights up outside, on the house, on trees etc- looks really festive. 3 of the 5 don't even have kids.

Looking at going to a villa in Spain with some friends (two couples and their kids), first time we've been away for 2 or 3 years.
  • smoothpete 14 Dec 2018 10:17:51 35,332 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Budapest is festive as fuck! Spent most of yesterday at Christmas markets then ruin bars. And I am truly ruined but never mind.
  • nickthegun 14 Dec 2018 10:43:14 76,534 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Pete lives all our best lives
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 14 Dec 2018 10:50:37 17,924 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I dunno, I had to draw faces on bananas last night and construct some kind of weird banana shrine for a pretend magic elf. That was pretty exciting. I've also spent all of my money on overpriced toys which is pretty great.
  • Dougs 14 Dec 2018 10:54:34 88,017 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I have disowned the elf. Fuck all to do with me guv.
  • fontgeeksogood 14 Dec 2018 11:03:11 4,699 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    This magic elf sounds kinda racist
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 14 Dec 2018 11:05:48 17,924 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    He was riding a gorrila teddy as well. It ended looked like a weird sex show. I'm so fucking sick of doing it that I'm making it weird to amuse myself.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 14 Dec 2018 11:08:38 17,924 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    here

• nickthegun 14 Dec 2018 11:13:05 76,534 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Thanks to a class loudmouth, the jig was up earlier in the year for all pretend magic people but the Mrs is still persisting with that fucking elf every night, which is particularly annoying as she often works nights and I'm still getting the panicked 1am 'did you move the elf?' texts.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 14 Dec 2018 11:17:38 17,924 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I hate it. Ma ho goes to bed before me most nights so it normally comes to about 11pm and I remember I've got to do something with the stupid fucking elf. Plus the boy is waking up early so he can go and see what the elf has been doing.
  • fontgeeksogood 14 Dec 2018 11:19:26 4,699 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    If he woke up to the elf burning on the fire having written a suicide note
  • ChiefGB 14 Dec 2018 11:20:22 10,118 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What’s with all the elf shit? Is this the new thing then.
  • TheSaint 14 Dec 2018 11:31:57 18,317 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ChiefGB wrote:
    What’s with all the elf shit? Is this the new thing then.
    It's the latest part of showing what a great parent you are on social media.
  • Dougs 14 Dec 2018 11:38:04 88,017 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    That's the first year you do it. After that it loses its charm and becomes a chore but one that you can't get out of as the kids do actually really enjoy it.
  • CompetitiveDad 14 Dec 2018 11:42:06 8,133 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Jyzzy-Z wrote:
    Nobody has two weeks off unless they're minted. I've worked in offices most the time and it's a week max if you're lucky and the office closes for a week.

Feel your pain, used to work in pubs and bars. I used to fucking hate Christmas.
    I've got two weeks off. Tbf this is the first job I've ever had where I've been given two weeks off. I'm looking forward to seeing my friends and family and in a masochist way I'm looking forward to see the depression that is Birmingham.
    I've got 2 days of work left to do from now until the 6th January. 😁
  • whatfruitlivesagain 14 Dec 2018 11:44:12 1,561 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Decks Has the elf started a cult?
  • ChiefGB 14 Dec 2018 11:44:49 10,118 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Guys none of this is helping............😬

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.