The all new Official Christmas Thread Page 15

• fontgeeksogood 26 Dec 2018 23:24:02 6,519 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Dgzter wrote:
    Wait wait wait, the dad in Gremlins shat all over Roguey’s bathroom?
    One of the less puzzling features of the Bathroom Buddy
  • Lukus 26 Dec 2018 23:24:43 21,970 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Genuinely this last hour it all kicked off big time here. I made one innocuous comment about my brother having a really negative perception on everything and he got really angry, so I decided to disappear upstairs rather than enter into a pointless argument. Minutes later I could hear my parents taking the fallout, culminating in a load of shouting and truth bombs being thrown around.

I fucking hate Christmas.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 26 Dec 2018 23:25:25 6,151 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Dgzter wrote:
    Wait wait wait, the dad in Gremlins shat all over Roguey’s bathroom?
    That... would have been preferable.
  • JamboWayOh 26 Dec 2018 23:44:12 14,150 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Lukus wrote:
    Genuinely this last hour it all kicked off big time here. I made one innocuous comment about my brother having a really negative perception on everything and he got really angry, so I decided to disappear upstairs rather than enter into a pointless argument. Minutes later I could hear my parents taking the fallout, culminating in a load of shouting and truth bombs being thrown around.

I fucking hate Christmas.
    Truth bombs from your folks or your miserable brother? Also why is he so negative?
  • Saul_Iscariot 27 Dec 2018 02:05:22 3,129 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Decks I quit for five or six years and was like that. Used to go to a Sci Fi Weekender once a year and would smoke the three days I was there. Never got a craving when I got home. Last year, I do not know why put I had a few days back on the fags and took nearly fifteen months to get off of them again.
  • Mola_Ram 27 Dec 2018 10:05:26 20,760 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    We veered uncomfortably close to culture wars at our (late) Christmas lunch. There were a couple of Trumpers and a smidge of casual racism, but it really kicked off when the topic of transgendered people was brought up. It died down a bit when I mentioned that I currently live with a trans person, but by then we were moving onto the next uncomfortable-to-talk-about-with-people-you-hardly-ever-see-and-don't-really-know subject. Good times.

/drinks
  • GuybrushFreepwood 27 Dec 2018 10:07:40 1,191 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Christmas morning was great (wife and I were shattered after sorting things the previous night until 1 am), with kids up at 6:30. Unwrapping presents and playing took until midday when we went over to inlaws for lunch. That lasted 8 hours at which point I left and came home for some sleep.

Boxing day had my folks around for a couple of hours and then back to work today. My birthday is new year's, but I've nothing planned at the moment. Just a quiet day with the family I think. We've friends round to play an Escape Room boardgame on Saturday which should be fun.
  • JoelStinty 27 Dec 2018 10:18:16 7,989 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    We veered uncomfortably close to culture wars at our (late) Christmas lunch. There were a couple of Trumpers and a smidge of casual racism, but it really kicked off when the topic of transgendered people was brought up. It died down a bit when I mentioned that I currently live with a trans person, but by then we were moving onto the next uncomfortable-to-talk-about-with-people-you-hardly-ever-see-and-don't-really-know subject. Good times.

/drinks
    We actually banned brexit from being talked about at ours. Had my uncle and auntie round who we really get on well with but they just believe anything the daily mail says.

After a few though i kind of jibed them about it with the front page about the couple with the drones which went down well.
  • challenge_hanukkah 27 Dec 2018 10:21:17 11,025 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    There was no politics talked at Christmas at all really for us.

I saw my brother in law wince and restrain himself from reacting to my assertion that Trump is a bit of a cunt when he popped up on TV, but that's as close as it got to anything kicking off.
  • Mola_Ram 27 Dec 2018 10:25:13 20,760 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well he is a cunt. I mean, even if you like him I think you'd have to recognise that.
  • challenge_hanukkah 27 Dec 2018 10:29:17 11,025 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    My brother in law is a Qanon conspiracy theory fuckwit.

Saying anything remotely uncomplimentary about his God Emperor has got him vocally quite angry in the past. I think my sister told him to behave beforehand.
  • Youthist 27 Dec 2018 10:40:59 13,843 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    How come when you are around the elderly in-laws house EVERYTHING weighs a fucking tonne? I swear I just lifted the worlds heaviest ironing board.
  • Youthist 27 Dec 2018 10:42:43 13,843 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    They had me shift some piece of a table from one bedroom to another yesterday. It was made of something from another planet.
  • challenge_hanukkah 27 Dec 2018 10:44:52 11,025 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Youthist got a hernia for Christmas.
  • drhickman1983 27 Dec 2018 10:45:19 5,987 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Maybe the baby boomers are into something when they say millennials are pussies. Our efficiently made, low weight items are making us physically weak.
  • challenge_hanukkah 27 Dec 2018 10:45:51 11,025 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Gravity was just better in the olden days.
  • Deleted user 27 December 2018 10:47:20
    Youthist wrote:
    How come when you are around the elderly in-laws house EVERYTHING weighs a fucking tonne? I swear I just lifted the worlds heaviest ironing board.
    My nan moved into a nursing home a few months ago. She started on the top floor but got unsteady on her feet so had to move into a ground floor room. I had to move some of her furniture and I swear to god I nearly killed myself. She has this tv chair that felt like it weighed 500lbs. Even a small chest of drawers felt like it was made of solid steel.
  • Deleted user 27 December 2018 10:49:07
    Oh and trying to get a tv chair down a staircase that has a stannah fucking stairlift attached was a bastard task in itself. Oh and it was like an oven in there.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 27 Dec 2018 14:01:15 10,783 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    All family duties discharged, now settling down to our leftover dinner and Spirited Away on DVD

Lovely
  • robc84 27 Dec 2018 14:28:00 13,683 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    We’ve had family round last couple of days. Now the sister in law is down for a few days and we have another family get together tomorrow. And been invited to my other sister in laws New Year’s Day and my mum’s on Sunday.

I’ve already had enough of everyone. It’s just too much in such a small amount of time!
  • docrob 27 Dec 2018 19:41:26 1,193 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    My mum and my brother came on Xmas Eve and left today. Brief stay (only 3 nights) but helped to keep everything pleasant (my mum really begins to get on my tits at about 5 days).
  • JamboWayOh 27 Dec 2018 19:50:43 14,150 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've been back in the UK for not even a week and my mum is asking me inane questions and seems to think I'm 8 years old by the fact that she keeps telling me to say hello to family members.
  • ZuluHero 27 Dec 2018 20:05:28 7,493 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Tree is down, halls are undecked. Christmas is over for me.

My living room feels weirdly bigger.
  • SnowmanRR 27 Dec 2018 21:23:42 131 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @ZuluHero not just me that’s been de-christmasing today then!!
  • GoatApocalypse 27 Dec 2018 22:29:52 5,768 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The worst thing about Xmas is having to take a shit in other people's houses.
  • jonsaan 27 Dec 2018 22:36:21 27,005 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    GoatApocalypse wrote:
    The worst thing about Xmas is having to take a shit in other people's houses.
    Is that a Father Christmas quote?
  • GoatApocalypse 27 Dec 2018 22:39:38 5,768 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    One spends so much time at Christmas visiting friends and family, who ply you with food and then, inevitably, one needs to take a dump.

I always feel unconfident shitting on a strange toilet, and that's exacerbated when I feel like people know what I'm up to.

And like today, these people had no soap in their toilet - what the fuck.
  • JamboWayOh 27 Dec 2018 22:41:26 14,150 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Obviously you smeared shit all over their walls and towels to teach them a lesson right?
  • fontgeeksogood 27 Dec 2018 22:42:36 6,519 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    My brother in law ALWAYS has a shit at my house, regardless of visit length, and ALWAYS in the one shitter without a window to open.

Also he eats tear gas and animal hide tanning solvents, from the smell of things
  • GoatApocalypse 27 Dec 2018 22:46:13 5,768 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Your brother-in-law is a great man

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.