Play What You Get, Get What You Play (2019) Page 37

• Phattso 8 Feb 2019 11:27:36 24,379 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Iím happy for it to count as one, just be upfront about how many you intend to play/beat - which you have been. Humble bundle rules basically. :)
  • Rivuzu 8 Feb 2019 11:29:46 17,693 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Nice one. Time to SSSmash out some demons this weekend then!
  • THFourteen 8 Feb 2019 11:37:02 50,903 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    OllyJ wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    I can buy The Division on sale for £5 to tide me over until The Division 2 and just swap it out right?
    NO CHANCE BUDDY.
    You guys suck.

This is just gonna end up with me installing Anthem next week and wasting a slot.
  • Derblington 8 Feb 2019 11:41:57 31,288 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    So. Playing a bit of Apex Legends.

Don't know how to mark it as complete really. I've already had a win and I don't know how much I intend to keep playing, it all depends how it evolves really.
  • OllyJ 8 Feb 2019 11:45:00 4,332 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    Lets Go is much quicker than the mainline Pokťmon games. Only took 20 hours to win against the Elite 4.
    It's more that I only play it for an hour or so a week :)
  • Ceelion 8 Feb 2019 14:49:19 496 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pretty sure I'm going to be installing Anthem, so let's put that on the list.

1. Everybody's Golf.
    2. Steep (I wish I never installed it)
    3. Anthem

I've added a few free ps+ games to my collection for download later. This does not count as I haven't done the whole "two hour" test rule. But I reckon Hitman season 1 is probably going on there.
  • UncleLou Moderator 8 Feb 2019 15:02:42 39,997 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @Graxlar_v3 You might find this helpful:

http://platinumgod.co.uk/

FWIW, it took me 5 years or so between buying BoI and not finding it shit. Now I do not only not find it shit, but I think it is one of the best games I've ever played.
  • Graxlar_v3 8 Feb 2019 23:31:25 4,971 posts
    Seen 21 seconds ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    o/ number 4 - blazblue central fiction (switch).

Nearly bought god eater too.
  • docrob 9 Feb 2019 11:17:01 1,095 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    Correct. Because if youíre not gonna play Obra Dunn now thereís a chance itíll be a fiver off by the time you are. Youíre inventing the need for the deal. Because you have a sickness. ;-)
    Well, sickness or not, I went for it. These are two games that I really want to play, and Iím hereby committing to doing so, rather than leaving them to gather dust on my backlog pile.

So:

🦆 Battletech, Thronebreaker, Return of the Obra Dinn, óóó, óó-
    🎯 Mark of the Ninja

Edited by docrob at 11:18:30 09-02-2019
  • Saul_Iscariot 9 Feb 2019 12:25:17 3,064 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I will await judgement on this but there comes a time to move on from a game. I have beaten the Elite Four in Pokemon Letís Go and feel it is time to put it on the back burner. I have put in just shy of thirty hours and need to play something different. I will complete the Pokedex at some point.

As for Lego Marvel 2, I do not care what the judgement is I am done with it. It has sucked all joy out of my life after seventy plus charmless hours. I could complete it but I just would lose the will to live. I have overstayed my welcome. I may go back to it at another point as a completionist. But I sincerely doubt it.
  • Graxlar_v3 9 Feb 2019 12:43:11 4,971 posts
    Seen 21 seconds ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Beating the elite four is a campaign finish.
  • Phattso 9 Feb 2019 12:49:47 24,379 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Seventy fucking hours of LEGO Marvel?! You have a different kind of sickness. :)
  • Saul_Iscariot 9 Feb 2019 13:01:05 3,064 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Phattso I have only ever failed to complete one Lego game before this. In that instance I had to return the cartridge to my nephew. This one is such hard work and has ended my love of the games.
  • Saul_Iscariot 9 Feb 2019 13:01:06 3,064 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Phattso I have only ever failed to complete one Lego game before this. In that instance I had to return the cartridge to my nephew. This one is such hard work and has ended my love of the games.
  • PazJohnMitch 9 Feb 2019 13:37:18 14,169 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Saul_Iscariot

I declared Letís Go finished after beating the Elite 4 once.
  • JoelStinty 9 Feb 2019 13:57:53 7,230 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    @Saul_Iscariot

I declared Letís Go finished after beating the Elite 4 once.
    Same. Credits roll then. I couldnít be armed with the extra stuff
  • Saul_Iscariot 9 Feb 2019 15:19:42 3,064 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Saul Iscariot

🦆 God of War 4, Paper Mario Colour Splash, Super Mario RPG, Titanfall 2
    🎯 Lego Marvel 2, Pokťmon Letís Go.

Fancied clearing some of the pile of shame so I have put Titanfall 2 on the list. I am only playing the single player campaign, unless it clicks with me.
  • Phattso 9 Feb 2019 15:40:36 24,379 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    OK, first page should be up to date now. Lemme know if I've bollocksed anything up. :)
  • THFourteen 9 Feb 2019 16:46:45 50,903 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Post deleted
  • SnackPlissken 9 Feb 2019 17:45:12 686 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    And Iím done with Resident Evil 2. Both campaigns completed.

Horizon Zero Dawn DLC
    Unavowed
    Pokemon Let's Go
    Fire Pro Wrestling World
  • Phattso 9 Feb 2019 17:48:03 24,379 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Just for the record, the copy and pasting of the emoji stuff is actually harder for me to see whatís changed than you guys just telling me whatís going on and coming off. It is purdu though so feel free to carry on. :)
  • Humperfunk 9 Feb 2019 19:25:15 7,912 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    This is going well!

🦆_ _ _ _ Resident Evil 2 REMake
    🎯 Tales of Vesperia, Wandersong
  • Graxlar_v3 9 Feb 2019 21:10:44 4,971 posts
    Seen 21 seconds ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Phattso I know there has been a lot of ins and outs but vesperia has been completed also :)
  • THFourteen 9 Feb 2019 21:14:36 50,903 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Aaaand we are in trouble. Final Fantasy X Remastered purchased yesterday. It comes with X2 as well, but not counting that as Iíll probably be final fantasied out by the time I finish X. Why on earth did I buy this when Iím playing ACO you ask. Well basically I wanted something meaty on the go, and the Switch stuff leaves me uninspired at the moment, and this plays nice on the GPDWin 2 so there you go.

Leaves me in a bit of trouble as either Anthem or The Division 2 will take my final slot and then itís probably no games for the rest of the year lol. Regretting taking Shadowrun from the freebie thread.

🏆 THFourteen ( 🦆 🦆 🦆 🦆 _ 🎯 🎯 🎯 )
    🦆 Into the Breach, Shadowrun: Hong Kong, Assassinís Creed Odyssey, Final Fantasy X
    🎯 Battletech DLC, Torna DLC, Pokemon Let's Go

Edited by THFourteen at 08:36:47 16-02-2019
  • OllyJ 9 Feb 2019 21:29:11 4,332 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Saul_Iscariot try the multiplayer. Honestly it's so fucking decent.
  • OnlyJoeKing 9 Feb 2019 21:50:57 834 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Finished Ace Combat 7.

Bloody loved it. The story is.... well, the bad is that it's cringy and boring in equal measure, the good is that it's completely absurd and great fun. But the flying itself is properly exhilarating. Terrific game.

I'm still pretty bitter about the exclusive joystick bollocks though. Bastards.
  • splosh 10 Feb 2019 08:43:00 166 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Well Devil May Cry 4 is off the list. While it's still fun to play it's a far cry from the DmC remake or Devil May Cry 3 I had fun and frustration with it. Glad it's off the list now. Playing through 4 has made me hold fire on purchasing DMC5.
  • Samildanach 10 Feb 2019 10:01:30 19 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @splosh
    I agree. I played DMC4 last year and really struggled to maintain my enthusiasm to finish it in the second half. I did finish it, but I am now far less keen on getting DMC5. It is a different style admittedly, but the breath and atmosphere of the Dark Souls games have ruined the rather meagre content and cheesy cut scenes of the DMC games. DMC was cool when The Matrix was the big thing I think.
  • Phattso 10 Feb 2019 12:10:26 24,379 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    New Game Alert! Bought Assasins Creed Odyssey in the Lunar sale for £25. Not sure why. But I hear itís good...

🏆 THFourteen ( _ _ 🦆 🦆 _ 🎯 🎯 🎯 )
    🦆 Into the Breach, Shadowrun: Hong Kong, Assassinís Creed Odyssey
    🎯 Battletech DLC, Torna DLC, Pokemon Let's Go
    For using the incorrect number of ducks in the summary, and trying to subvert the course of justice, I'm taking ten points off Hufflepuff.
  • Phattso 10 Feb 2019 12:11:54 24,379 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    splosh wrote:
    Well Devil May Cry 4 is off the list. While it's still fun to play it's a far cry from the DmC remake or Devil May Cry 3 I had fun and frustration with it. Glad it's off the list now. Playing through 4 has made me hold fire on purchasing DMC5.
    This was a thing last year as we were trawling our backlogs out of desperation - found a bunch of series that we'd absolutely buy the latest one of, but when we finished those in our backlogs we realised our tastes had changed.

Also goes the other way - I picked Ass Creed Oranges off my backlog and fell hard for it. Really having to fight the urge to buy Odyssey at the mo.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.