Play What You Get, Get What You Play (2019) Page 91

• Graxlar_v3 12 May 2019 21:43:12 7,751 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Not that it matters anyone but I beat dragon quest builders today \o/. I like that this challenge (even if it is a bit restrictive) give me the imputes yo beat games I would have otherwise put down.
  • Toaster05 12 May 2019 21:57:07 2,209 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Far too many people still in this. I think any of you that are struggling should do the right thing and quit.

You'll be helping the hard working overseer's and everyone else will get a fucking good laugh at you.

It's ok, we all understand. Go on, it's ok, honest.
  • THFourteen 13 May 2019 07:47:02 52,844 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Steamworld Quest completed!

That’ll probably be my last completion for a while, think I’ll get FFXII and already got The division 2 which will take a few months.

🏆 THFourteen ( _ _ 🦆 🦆 🦆 🎯 🎯 🎯 🎯 🎯 🎯 🎯 🎯;)
    🦆 Final Fantasy XII, Shadowrun: Hong Kong, The Division 2
    🎯 Battletech DLC, Torna DLC, Pokemon Let's Go, Final Fantasy X, [⭐] Into the Breach, The Walking Dead, Assasins Creed Odyssey, Steamworld Quest
  • OllyJ 13 May 2019 09:00:39 4,539 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Add Saints Row The Third on Switch please.

Not started DMC5 yet, still trying to finish Sekiro NG+ proper ending and getting my arse handed to me.
  • DangerousDave_87 13 May 2019 09:58:09 6,329 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    Not that it matters anyone but I beat dragon quest builders today \o/. I like that this challenge (even if it is a bit restrictive) give me the imputes yo beat games I would have otherwise put down.
    Congrats! Although it sounds like you had to persevere with it, rather than really enjoying it. Personally, I'm hyped for the sequel in a few months time.
  • Graxlar_v3 13 May 2019 10:43:53 7,751 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @DangerousDave_87 So, i loved chapter 1. I could see myself and my town growing at a nice pace throughout the chapter. Chapter 2 was a tough one as i spent much of the first half on the back foot and felt like i was struggling to make something nice. This carried over to chapter 3 to a degree with my town getting constantly destroyed by monsters ever time there was a big fight (the final battles saw me having to build a makeshift bridge to the flag because between the ogres and my magic cannon misfires we had wiped the town from the map and all that was left was a bedroom and a massive creator.)

The fourth chapter though, that fourth chapter was by far my favorite. I loved re-building the castle and using the holy water to make the world around me useful. Also i was able to go on a few early runs to get mushrooms and medicinal leaves and then not have to worry about that for the remainder of the time.

Only things i would want rid of though is the day/night cycle and hunger meter.

Edited by Graxlar_v3 at 11:15:52 13-05-2019
  • Deleted user 13 May 2019 11:07:48
    I am nearing the end of Fell Seal Arbiters Mark have put in 45 hours over the last week. I have to give this game another recommendation if you are sitting on the fence I say buy it it is quite simply magnificent.

If it is ever released for the Switch this will be an instant rebuy.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/699170/Fell_Seal_Arbiters_Mark/

Edited by whatfruitlivesagain at 11:10:02 13-05-2019
  • Cappy 14 May 2019 11:54:15 14,109 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Toaster05 wrote:
    Phattso wrote:
    Cappy wrote:
    Er... No.

Vanilla version for me I guess. :-(
    Don’t ask. Don’t tell. Wink. Wink.
    Hang on! I thought you were bad cop?
    Don't be fooled. Phattso is playing the long game of entrapment. The information network is probably monitoring all UK purchases of the Bloodborne Game of the Year Edition as we speak.
  • Deleted user 14 May 2019 14:35:33
    whatfruitlivesagain wrote:
    I am nearing the end of Fell Seal Arbiters Mark have put in 45 hours over the last week. I have to give this game another recommendation if you are sitting on the fence I say buy it it is quite simply magnificent.

If it is ever released for the Switch this will be an instant rebuy.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/699170/Fell_Seal_Arbiters_Mark/
    Completed this in the early hours of this morning. I stand by everything I have said previously absolutely fucking incredible game which oozes with class, polish and love. Best thing i've played in the last 18 months.
  • dmj 14 May 2019 21:51:11 1,000 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Mario Kart 8 is done (solo, at least): first in every cup on 200cc. I'll maybe try for three gold stars at some point, but I'm not that much of a masochist/that good.
  • THFourteen 14 May 2019 23:09:05 52,844 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I know @ricesandwich says I should play some shorter length games, but having just watched the intro to FFXII on Switch, nothing quite grabs you as much as the start of a new RPG does. Can’t wait to get stuck in!
  • Graxlar_v3 15 May 2019 09:05:04 7,751 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    alegraty wrote:
    UncleLou wrote:
    Oh, sign me up. As you know from this year‘s challenge, my name is Will. Iron Will.

One question: what about games you don‘t „finish“, but buy for your continued, occasional use? Animal crossing, multiplayer games, score attach games, hell, even a game like Civ, really? A new Diablo season?
    These habits were broken because there was a limit placed on how many new games a participant could have. This lent a sense of consequence, and some more consideration, to every new game. There was also the public shaming of shonky purchases and weak will, which worked for some people but not Graxlar_V3 obviously, nor AddyB, who failed in week minus 1 and week 2 respectively.
    Hey...

I managed 5 months of sticking to finishing the games i bought no matter how bad (which i am continuing BTW - i am still playing the division even though my mood swings from its passable to gahhhhhh why would you design an enemy with super armour who charges at you like that.

I just decided that it was time to store up some games such as (since i quit the challenge last week)

Final fantasy 7
    Final Fantasy 12
    Tesla v Lovecraft
    Super Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission
    Mutant Mudd collection
    Steamworld Dig 1
    Steamworld Heist.

All of these are on switch, and i plan to complete them all.
  • kosigan 15 May 2019 09:50:35 697 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If the "20p-a-go-for-arcade-games" is being accepted, then mark down Galaga as finished, please.
  • Graxlar_v3 15 May 2019 09:51:51 7,751 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    kosigan wrote:
    If the "20p-a-go-for-arcade-games" is being accepted, then mark down Galaga as finished, please.
    I thought it was 20p an hour.
  • Phattso 15 May 2019 10:14:20 24,823 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Graxlar_v3 I’m pretty sure that’s a spammer reposting something I wrote late last year.
  • Rivuzu 15 May 2019 10:29:28 18,206 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    New additions for me!
    Done: MK11
    New: Gravity Rush 2, Fist of the North Star, Super Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission

🏆 Rivuzu ( 🦆 🦆🦆 _ _ 🎯 🎯 🎯 🎯 🎯 🎯 🎯 🎯 🎯 🎯 🎯 )
    🦆 Gravity Rush 2, Fist of the North Star, Super Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission
    🎯 Dragonball FighterZ (PS4), Mutant Year Zero (PC), Blood Bowl 2, DMC HD Collection, Vermintide 2 (PC), Sekiro, Under Night In Birth Exe, DOA6, DBFZ, Apex Legends, Mortal Kombat 11

Had to hold off on Persona. I am determined to wait for the inevitable Switch version.
  • THFourteen 15 May 2019 10:40:11 52,844 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    Final fantasy 7
    Final Fantasy 12
    Tesla v Lovecraft
    Super Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission
    Mutant Mudd collection
    Steamworld Dig 1
    Steamworld Heist.

All of these are on switch, and i plan to complete them all.
    I would argue strongly that if you do complete these all this year then actually you have completed the challenge anyway.

if you get to the end of the year however and of all those games you have 6+ outstanding then you've failed.

I can see the benefit of picking up games in sales, unless you never subsequently play them.
  • Graxlar_v3 15 May 2019 10:43:28 7,751 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @THFourteen I have a 2 hour commute at work now so i am finding myself burning through switch games pretty quickly - i am halfway through Tesla v Lovercraft but moved onto SDBH after picking that up.
  • Toaster05 15 May 2019 21:04:13 2,209 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Could one of the Oberführer's please add F1 2018 to my list please?

All slots filled. Just the way I like it.

Edited by Toaster05 at 21:04:24 15-05-2019
  • dominalien 16 May 2019 16:45:20 9,233 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'd like to ask that 428 Shibuya Scramble be marked as completed for me. I'm not 100% done and I'll keep playing, but I got to the end and have seen the credits. It is very good.
  • wuntyphyve 16 May 2019 16:50:44 12,669 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hmmmm. Do I want to buy Witcher 3 and add it to my list? It's cheap. I have a space left, but it looks huuuuge.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.
  • Graxlar_v3 16 May 2019 19:11:49 7,751 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @wuntyphyve yes.
  • Cappy 16 May 2019 19:51:16 14,109 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    wuntyphyve wrote:
    Hmmmm. Do I want to buy Witcher 3 and add it to my list? It's cheap. I have a space left, but it looks huuuuge.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.
    Get the Game of the Year Edition. More huuuuge.
  • wuntyphyve 16 May 2019 19:57:04 12,669 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You guys aren't helping... You're meant to say "finish the ones you're playing first you tosser!"

I have the base game and blood and wine in my basket. Hmmmm. Pesky PSN sales.
  • Addy__ 16 May 2019 19:58:49 1,458 posts
    Seen 50 seconds ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    wuntyphyve wrote:
    You guys aren't helping... You're meant to say "finish the ones you're playing first you tosser!"

I have the base game and blood and wine in my basket. Hmmmm. Pesky PSN sales.
    Combat is dogshit but the game is great. Some wonderful quests, particularly the side offerings. Pretty cool open world as well.
  • wuntyphyve 16 May 2019 20:19:30 12,669 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah see I didn't get on with the combat in Witcher 2 but I liked it. Only reason I didn't stick it is because I bought it not long before getting my PS4 and didn't bother going back to play it on the 360...

I'm getting a fantasy itch that I think it might scratch. Will try and be good and finish RDR2, The Surge and Div2 first. I'm nearly at the end of all 3 anyway.
  • Samildanach 16 May 2019 21:02:07 108 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Ugh. I'm going to have to give up on Ikaruga. Obviously I have credit spammed to see it to the credits, but that doesn't count on the basis of this challenge. Had several attempts at 1cc only to endlessly die at the 2nd boss or very soon into the third level.
    I can tell it is a game of quality, but my brain just can't comprehend the polarity shifting under pressure. I could keep going but the bland visuals and music just kill it for me. I think I prefer also the 'seat of your pants' like shmups (give me the adrenaline) rather than the very memorization heavy games like this. Or maybe I am just shit.
    Leave this one on as a black mark against my name, never to come off and to remind me of my foolish psn sale trigger finger.
  • bighairybear65 16 May 2019 21:17:59 288 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I’ve probably banned myself, selling the XboxOne and Switch, so won’t ever finish Forza Horizon 4 and Zelda Breath o Wild.. 😢

‘‘Twas a tough decision but I’m afraid my gaming habit was actually not good for my mental health, two had to go, PS4, XboxOne or Switch... so made the choice, with I have to say no regrets!
    I’m pleased I completed Halo 5 and Gears 4.
    The Nintendo stuff I seem to have suddenly “switched” off from, almost like I’ve grown out of them (?)
    So now back to one console, have even given up online gaming, just back to basics, Tomb Raider, Horizon, Uncharted, God o War etc... all quality single player adventure games... the stuff I loved 20 odd years ago when I got my Psone..
    Challenge has been great tho, thank you dudes, I’ve not bought anything this year and intend to just chill and play my backlog for foreseeable future... (loads!)
    Even started reading again!

Peace out x
  • bighairybear65 16 May 2019 21:18:00 288 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Post deleted

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.