Play What You Get, Get What You Play (2019) Page 112

• GuybrushFreepwood 14 Jul 2019 07:30:11 1,199 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Phattso wrote:
    @GuybrushFreepwood that game is a stone cold classic and Iíll not hear a word said against it!
    See also ďDragons Dogma ď ;)
  • DangerousDave_87 14 Jul 2019 19:13:46 6,245 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Phattso I've done it! It is complete! I had a day off work and seeing as I hadn't start Dragon Quest Builders anytime soon, I found myself mustering up the enthusiasm to go back and finish Octopath Traveller. It is done! \o/
  • PazJohnMitch 15 Jul 2019 10:05:32 14,594 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Done all 4 Divine Beasts now. Looks like I was far closer to finishing BotW than I thought.

At well over 100 hours in and only 2 Beasts done I thought I needed to put in at least another 100 hours to complete it which was more than I could muster. Looks like I will be able to reach the credits long before then. (Although there will still be lots of quests and shrines to do).

I will take a swing at Ganon this week and see how I fair. If I smash him I will then consider getting the DLC later in the year to give more to do during the mop up.
  • Switch024 15 Jul 2019 13:05:43 3,391 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Regrettably I'm going to have to admit failure. I impulse bought Mario Maker 2 at the weekend which puts me onto 6 games. I could argue that Beat Saber is *done* as the campaign doesn't do it for me but if I'm really honest I've not played it enough.

Going back to Octopath and sticking it on my list was probably a bad idea, I really like the game in parts but find it a bit of a slog and too repetitive. If I do ever finish it I doubt it'll be this year.
  • rice_sandwich 15 Jul 2019 14:46:57 5,582 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Spreadsheet updated.
  • CowsMakeNoise 15 Jul 2019 21:43:23 67 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Platinumed Assassinís Creed Origins and Spider-Man during a late night session while the bairn was feeling sick, so to celebrate Iíve picked Mirrorís Edge Catalyst from the backlog.

It only cost £5 so Iím prepared to overlook any rough edges, going for story completion.
  • Red_Bool 15 Jul 2019 21:48:20 1,821 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Credits rolled on Cadence of Hyrule! Lovely game, but a bit on the short side (which I new beforehand). According to my savegame it took me just under 12 hours to finish. The music is great!
  • crashVoodoo 15 Jul 2019 22:07:41 6,325 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Slay the spire is half off on humble.... I might cave and just fuck this challenge off
  • Phattso 16 Jul 2019 07:25:00 24,799 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Dropping. Like. Flies.
  • crashVoodoo 16 Jul 2019 08:59:43 6,325 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Decided to push on last night and finish whittleton creek, just got the last map and then Hitman 2 is officially completed and I can purchase it. Got 5 days before offer finishes....

Edited by crashVoodoo at 08:59:59 16-07-2019
  • HarryPalmer 16 Jul 2019 09:10:22 5,947 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I had to use +10 Willpower to resist the humble bundle - really want to play Kingdom Come.

Days Gone is taking a long ass time but I'm enjoying it, the main character is just so unintentionally hilarious.

So, erm Nioh - I have a feeling I'm not going to get back into this after over a year out. Technically I did start it waaaaaay before this whole thing kicked off, so is it technically valid, y'know, technically?

Games you started on or before the 25th of December 2018 will not consume a slot.
    I put it on their cos I do really want to finish it, but there are so many shiny new games out there...

Edited by HarryPalmer at 09:11:59 16-07-2019
  • Cappy 16 Jul 2019 09:30:01 14,098 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    AbzŁ and Until Dawn are complete.

The longer and more difficult games remain on my slate. Maybe I just don't have what it takes to tackle those sort of games anymore due to being more time poor these days.
  • crashVoodoo 16 Jul 2019 10:50:12 6,325 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    HarryPalmer wrote:
    So, erm Nioh - I have a feeling I'm not going to get back into this after over a year out. Technically I did start it waaaaaay before this whole thing kicked off, so is it technically valid, y'know, technically?

Games you started on or before the 25th of December 2018 will not consume a slot.
    I did the same thing with tomb raider cos I'm an idiot...
  • HarryPalmer 16 Jul 2019 11:56:07 5,947 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I really want to finish it, just have no desire to atm and its taking up a precious slot.

tbf if this thread had been around when I was playing Nioh in the first place, I wouldn't have abandoned it to play Prey. Probably.
  • crashVoodoo 17 Jul 2019 00:41:41 6,325 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    ...aaaaand ... done!

Hitman 2 officially completed now. All maps done will continue more missions, feats & challenges etc but finally, a slot be free
  • docrob 18 Jul 2019 00:12:23 1,193 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Rolled the credits on The Council! That frees up another slot. :)

So... it's either back to Battletech or start on 2-point Hospital.
  • kosigan 18 Jul 2019 10:20:41 697 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Please add Forza Horizon 4 to my list. As I never finished FH3, it'll probably be staying there...
  • CowsMakeNoise 18 Jul 2019 11:13:21 67 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Iím enjoying Mirrors Edge Catalyst but my god are there some weird design choices. An upgrade tree that locks out some abilities until youíve advanced the story enough? Mandatory combat, because that was clearly the best bit of the original.

If it wasnít for the sheer joy of running around Glass Iíd be looking to stop, but thatís still massive amounts of fun.
  • crashVoodoo 18 Jul 2019 13:09:14 6,325 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Add Slay the Spire to my list please n thanks
  • kosigan 19 Jul 2019 17:06:33 697 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think I forgot to mention that I recently bought Test Drive Unlimited (the first one, for PC, from 2006). So that's me with 4 slots taken and with one other game that I know of that I will probably be getting later this year.

As we're just over halfway through the year, it seems a good time for a recap of what I've currently got on my list and their completion target and status:

1. Puyo Puyo Champions - only played a few times so far, got it mainly for local multiplayer; not sure what the completion target should be.

2. Dangerous Driving - the target would be to finish every race, but that's not going to happen as I've been unable to complete the currently-unlocked races and I don't have the time and patience to retry an event dozens of times.

3. Forza Horizon 4 - only just purchased, target would be to get to the end of the story and/or complete every race (not sure, as I've only done 3 events so far).

4. Test Drive Unlimited - again, recently purchased, so not got far; target would be to finish every race and mission.

With The Crew 2, Resogun and Burnout Paradise Remastered taking some of my time, I don't think any of these are going to get done any time soon. But, hey, aracde racing is dead, right?
  • PazJohnMitch 20 Jul 2019 21:26:14 14,594 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    🎯The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Credits rolled with 81 shrines beaten.
  • robthehermit 21 Jul 2019 01:18:33 7,414 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    You can cross Battle Chasers off my list, finished rinsing it this morning. As great as the game is, I don't think I'll be going for the final achievement "Complete New Game +"

Highly recommended game though.
  • PazJohnMitch 21 Jul 2019 10:24:55 14,594 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    🦆&🎯 Golf Peaks

Clever little Indie puzzle game. Saw it in a best games on Switch for under $5 YouTube video and thought it looked interesting.

Well worth the price.

Edited by PazJohnMitch at 12:32:36 21-07-2019
  • Phattso 21 Jul 2019 10:28:03 24,799 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Credits rolled on Dragonís Dogma after about 35 hours. Still not sure how I feel about the game. Had to Ďcheatí with high level pawns just to play the thing, and knocked the final battle down to easy after a wave of apathy.

Started the endgame. Now Iím stuck in some endless loop. I so dearly want to love this game, but it really makes it hard. :)

Anyways. I think Iíve persevered with it enough to take it off the list, and despite fans saying the real game is only just beginning Iím not sure how I feel about a 40hr tutorial so Iím probably done.
  • rice_sandwich 21 Jul 2019 10:45:45 5,582 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Weak sauce.
  • Phattso 21 Jul 2019 10:53:33 24,799 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Honestly a big part of me wanted to bin it after ten hours. Iíll no doubt begin frantic googling to see what the hell itís all about and what the end game actually is. Might play some more, itís kinda relaxing in a pipe and slippers kinda way.
  • rice_sandwich 21 Jul 2019 11:21:00 5,582 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Phattso

Life is too short for mediocre games. Play something better. I see you haven't really put any time into:

Your Doodles Are Bugged
    Volume
    Really Big Sky
    Crimson Clover World Ignition (it's quite good!)
    Crimsonland (also quite good)
    Life Is Strange

You have 508 games on steam, and I had to scroll veerrrrryyyyyy far down the list before I found games with '0.1' hours of play on record.
  • Phattso 21 Jul 2019 12:21:47 24,799 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    There are relatively few things on my backlog that I genuinely want to put time into. The Witcher 3 is one, Life is Strange is another for sure. A lot of the rest is Bundle Fodder.

But right now, with it being summer, the room the PC is in gets stupid hot. Hence Dragon's Dogma and Virtua Racing on the Switch. :)

rice_sandwich wrote:
    You have 508 games on steam, and I had to scroll veerrrrryyyyyy far down the list before I found games with '0.1' hours of play on record.
    Thats a good thing though, right? :)

Stunned it's only 508 TBH. I've had that account since Steam was born. :)
  • Phattso 21 Jul 2019 12:31:12 24,799 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Also Dragon's Dogma is far from mediocre... it's just a bit baffling, and a lot janky. :)
  • Mola_Ram 21 Jul 2019 12:35:32 20,831 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah it's a weird game. I do think you're missing out by not trying the expansion content (some of the best fights are there), but you still finished it!

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.