Play What You Get, Get What You Play (2019) Page 118

• DakeyrasUK 26 Aug 2019 16:03:39 2,985 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Did hellblade Senua's Sacrifice get added to my list?

It isnt there now, but neither is it in my completed games. Thankyou kindly in advance!

Got three games on my list, and really was enjoying all three, but since putting them down I'm not feeling like going back to them and now I want astral chain after reading the eg essential review...

I guess I can be strong, keep playing the games I have and hope I get it, witcher 3 and links awakening for my bday (mid Oct) and then I can buy luigis mansion at the end of Oct.

Plenty of gamepass games to play also...
  • HarryPalmer 26 Aug 2019 21:21:43 5,958 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I have a victory in Slay The Spire! Only took 32 hours! That's complete as far as I'm concerned, insanely good game.

Stick Hypnospace Outlaw in my slot please.
  • Phattso 26 Aug 2019 21:55:38 24,819 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Paging Innuendobot...
  • GuybrushFreepwood 28 Aug 2019 21:57:33 1,266 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    YS 8 Lacrimosa of Dana complete after 100 hours. Got the true ending. Bloody loved the game. Will certainly buy the next. It had a really long ending which I appreciated after putting so much time into the characters. I'd highly recommend it and I think it will rate as one of my all time gaming memories.

So, that can come off the list thanks.
  • Gl3n Moderator 28 Aug 2019 22:28:18 6,674 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I am still alive and kicking for this challenge. Our house move two months ago properly kicked things to touch though, need to re-jig things this weekend.

Been on non-backlog games that have already enjoyed shit loads of hours, but also haven't bought anything new.
  • dmj 29 Aug 2019 09:38:23 1,000 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I've finally failed, albeit not purely out of a desire to Buy All The Things:

My son was born on August 12 and immediately rushed to critical care in a hospital 50 miles from home, which is where we've been living for the past two weeks.

We were twice told to prepare for the worst (pretty much everything was wrong: his heart was weak, they weren't sure he'd ever be able to come off the ventilator, his liver and kidneys were shot, possible severe brain damage. And so on) but against pretty much every prediction he's now tube and drug free and is being transferred to a hospital closer to home. Hopefully he'll be back in the house in a few days.

Anyway. To celebrate I bought Astral Chain for myself, not that I'll ever have time to play it with a baby and toddler in the house.

Nearly nine months isn't too shabby, I guess. I would have succeeded if it wasn't for those pesky kids!

Edited by dmj at 09:42:36 29-08-2019
  • Graxlar_v3 29 Aug 2019 09:40:40 7,716 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @dmj Hey man, sorry to hear about your kid. I hope everything goes ok and i believe Astral Chain should be a freebie in this case.
  • dmj 29 Aug 2019 09:43:33 1,000 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Graxlar_v3 Thanks! His turnaround has been ridiculous.
  • GuybrushFreepwood 29 Aug 2019 10:13:42 1,266 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    What Grax said. I think even Phattso would agree on this one and he's a right nasty bastard normally ;)

I'm glad your son has improved so much which is the main thing.
  • Phattso 29 Aug 2019 10:16:59 24,819 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Zero tolerance. I can only waive this indiscretion if you get both of your children to lick the Astral Chain cart and post the pics of their faces screwed up in disgust. If youíve gone digital Iíll let you substitute another cart. I await your response.
  • rice_sandwich 29 Aug 2019 10:28:06 5,608 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Harsh but fair.
  • dmj 29 Aug 2019 12:23:31 1,000 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Thanks all.

I've gone digital, yeah. I can't say I'm comfortable contributing to the cartridge licking fetish section of the internet. Custard bathing, yes. But never cartridge licking.
  • dominalien 29 Aug 2019 14:42:53 9,233 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    GuybrushFreepwood wrote:
    YS 8 Lacrimosa of Dana complete after 100 hours. Got the true ending. Bloody loved the game. Will certainly buy the next. It had a really long ending which I appreciated after putting so much time into the characters. I'd highly recommend it and I think it will rate as one of my all time gaming memories.

You play fast! I think I started before you, but Iím still about 2/3 through if my estimate is correct. But I share the sentiment, the game is excellent.
  • dominalien 29 Aug 2019 14:45:42 9,233 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Glad itís worked out so well dmj! I also think you should be given a freebie, especially as itís meant to be THE game to get.
  • dominalien 29 Aug 2019 14:47:00 9,233 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Phattso Donít you think his sonís been through enough? Youíre just being cruel.
  • HarryPalmer 29 Aug 2019 15:30:53 5,958 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Hypnospace Outlaw done. May have used a walkthrough on the epilogue, but who cares??

Stick Control in my slot. I really should finish Days Gone before starting it though...
  • GuybrushFreepwood 29 Aug 2019 16:50:59 1,266 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    dominalien wrote:
    GuybrushFreepwood wrote:

You play fast! I think I started before you, but Iím still about 2/3 through if my estimate is correct. But I share the sentiment, the game is excellent.
    I've just been on two weeks leave. Spent a lot of a recent cruise in my cabin playing on the Switch :)
  • dmj 29 Aug 2019 17:26:24 1,000 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @dominalien Thanks! I'd wait up and play it for a bit at midnight but my parents have handed back the two-year old (citing exhaustion. I think they'd forgotten how much work toddlers are), so I'll be up at five or something tomorrow.
  • rice_sandwich 29 Aug 2019 20:13:41 5,608 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Spreadsheet updated.
  • Phattso 29 Aug 2019 20:24:01 24,819 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Thanks, Rice. Iíll get to that soonish.
  • Saul_Iscariot 29 Aug 2019 23:55:35 3,164 posts
    Seen 9 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just a quick up date. Though I am struggling to play any games I have Linkís Awakening on the Switch preordered. That should take me too four games.
  • THFourteen 30 Aug 2019 06:40:27 52,820 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Astral Chain ordered.

When they fall, they fall hard.
  • CowsMakeNoise 30 Aug 2019 15:26:57 73 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sniper Elite 4 can come off my list, finished the campaign on marksman and have shot Hitler many, many times.

Getting there on Dragonís Crown (beaten with 3 of 6 characters and making my way through hard mode), but workís chaotic at the moment so donít know when that will be done.

Just fighting off the urge to buy Rainbow Six Siege, because as a miserable grumpy bastard who avoids online like the plague it is really not the right game for me. But itís so cheap on PS4 right now.

Good luck DMJ, hope that your bairnís recovery continues. Kids eh, tsk.
  • Graxlar_v3 30 Aug 2019 15:57:46 7,716 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @CowsMakeNoise apparently you donít need psn to play it online anymore either
  • dmj 30 Aug 2019 20:00:49 1,000 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Thanks @CowsMakeNoise

He's been doing well the last couple of days.

In more 'Life Keeps Kicking You' news, the cat had to be put to sleep earlier (best thing for her, but didn't make it any easier). Really caps off a shit few weeks, though it'd probably make a decent black comedy.

I'll only post positive things from now on, I swear.

Edited by dmj at 20:06:51 30-08-2019
  • CowsMakeNoise 30 Aug 2019 21:45:59 73 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Graxlar_v3 not helping me to stay away from rainbow six.

Also, DMJ, vent away. Always good to have a way to get stuff off your chest in a relatively anonymous way.
  • Phattso 1 Sep 2019 17:06:07 24,819 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    First page updated.
  • Saul_Iscariot 2 Sep 2019 03:37:41 3,164 posts
    Seen 9 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just read DMJís posts. Glad to hear your Nairn is on the mend. It is amazing what medical technology and human resilience can achieve.
  • Red_Bool 2 Sep 2019 08:51:13 1,842 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Still enjoying Final Fantasy 12 (a bit too much: Went to bed at 0:30 and my alarm goes off at 6:45 :(). I'm nearing the end, but I'll probably need to do some grinding first (which is actually quite good fun with the Gambit system combined with the speed-up option).

I've set myself to finish this first before I'm buying Astral Chain (got to resist the 'new shiny'!).
  • DangerousDave_87 2 Sep 2019 20:51:22 6,318 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Could you kind folk please take the Mario Rabbids DLC off my list? IT WAS A TERRIBLE MISTAKE!!!

Ahem. I mean I've beaten it, found all the puzzle pieces and unlocked all the weaponry. It's not quite as fantastic as the main campaign, but it was still good fun. It's basically there if you're hungry for more content and it mixes up the formula quite nicely. It'd not quite as challenging as the base game, either. I'd forgotten to upgrade my characters for most of the final segment and I didn't come close to losing at any point.

Not sure what's up next. Maybe I'll hold a slot free for Links Awakening or Untitled Goose Game. They will be my next purchases, before looking back at anything else I've missed this year!

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.