Play What You Get, Get What You Play (2019) Page 133

• rice_sandwich 29 Nov 2019 07:47:51 5,935 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Samildanach

To be fair it sounds like you've already given it a decent go. Shmups are difficult as the run time can be 20-40 minutes and they are usually fairly tough. I don't like to stuff in credits but some games are so hard that it's the only way I'll ever see the credits.

I'm working in a 1cc of Strikers 1945, nowhere near managing it.
  • Chug666 29 Nov 2019 07:53:41 633 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Could you pop Katana Zero on my list please? I think itís pretty short so Iíve set myself a mini challenge of polishing it off over the weekend.
  • rice_sandwich 29 Nov 2019 08:06:20 5,935 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Chug666

'Polish off' being a 100% no death speed run completion, of course.
  • rice_sandwich 29 Nov 2019 08:09:49 5,935 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Right, the end is nigh so I think it's about time you slackers admitted defeat on the games that have been lying untouched on your lists for the past several months. No shame in calling it a day on games that you foolishly purchased in exercise of your weak willed ways. You can't win them all.
  • dominalien 29 Nov 2019 09:01:33 9,355 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Just a tiny correction, the game I completed was Resident Evil Revelations 2, not RE2.
  • dominalien 29 Nov 2019 09:02:21 9,355 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Otherwise, thanks for the update! You're doing a tremendous job gentlemen. If you are men.
  • dominalien 29 Nov 2019 09:03:35 9,355 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    rice_sandwich wrote:
    Right, the end is nigh so I think it's about time you slackers admitted defeat on the games that have been lying untouched on your lists for the past several months. No shame in calling it a day on games that you foolishly purchased in exercise of your weak willed ways. You can't win them all.
    Yeah, that might be DA:I for me. I was enjoying, but haven't felt compelled to go back to it. We'll see.
  • rice_sandwich 29 Nov 2019 09:09:33 5,935 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @dominalien

I am a well known Resi Evil hater so they are all the same garbage to me 😁
  • OllyJ 29 Nov 2019 09:48:25 4,615 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    rice_sandwich wrote:
    Admitting defeat on Kingdom Come, it's a nice world but the gameplay is so janky it's hard to come back to.

Partial defeat on No Mans Sky, I think I'll get into it next year, but neither of those games are getting done any time soon.
  • DangerousDave_87 29 Nov 2019 11:04:40 6,581 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Final Fantasy 7 is definitely not being touched again this treat. Darkwood is one of those you just have to be in the right mood for at the right time, so that's not looking likely either. DQ is just huge, but I'm so nearly there.

I might just fail the challenge to buy Chariot at that stupidly low price and give myself another co-op game to play with the missus.
  • rice_sandwich 29 Nov 2019 11:25:56 5,935 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @DangerousDave_87

Click click click!

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/Super-Chariot-1356651.html
  • rice_sandwich 29 Nov 2019 11:28:37 5,935 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Designed for Nintendo Switch, Super Chariot is a 2D-platform game that can be played through to the end in either solo or co-op mode. You play as either the brave Princess or her faithful fiancť in a subterranean fantasy adventure...

Manoeuvre the wheeled coffin of the dead King through 25 levels and five colourful environments, trying to ignore the incessant insults of the King's ghost.

With original gameplay and an innovative physics engine, hours of exciting exploration, hair-raising sliding sequences and mountains of treasure lie ahead!

Set out on an epic adventure and give His Majesty the trip of his death. Guide a Super Chariot containing the remains of your King through a network of subterranean caverns. On your own or with a friend, lead the brave Princess and her faithful fiancť through the catacombs in search of the ideal resting spot for the King!

The Super Chariot's large wheels enable the heroes to cross crevasses, climb and perform all sorts of perilous manoeuvres. Take the riches from the walls of the many varied environments, find the exit and avoid (or repulse) all the different enemies who try to steal your hard-earned loot! Put your skill, co-ordination and daring to the test as you try to finish all the levels and dangers aplenty in Super Chariot. Effective teamwork will open up even more possibilities...

Play with a friend in local multiplayer on your Nintendo Switch in TV or tabletop mode

Epic challenges await the two of you Ė co-operation is key

Wonderful 2D worlds, peppered with unique characters and items

Over 60 hours of gameplay await, as you make your way through 25 levels dotted with secret pathways and bountiful treasure
  • rice_sandwich 29 Nov 2019 11:29:30 5,935 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Only 1.4833p per hour of awesome co-op gameplay!
  • PazJohnMitch 29 Nov 2019 11:59:21 14,808 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The videos I have seen of Super Chariot all look rubbish.

As for confessions I have played precisely 0s of Red Dead 2 this year and Enter the Gungeon is far too hard for me.

I still intend to progress on Divinity and Ring Fit though.
  • crashVoodoo 29 Nov 2019 14:25:30 6,494 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    rice_sandwich wrote:
    I'm well defeated on RDR2. Sold it months ago after a break with no real desire to go back. Ill most likely grab it on pc if I ever decide to give a shit again...
  • ghearoid 29 Nov 2019 15:46:25 3,259 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Update!
    Pokťmon Shield had been completed. The only game left now is Kirby's effin' Adventure on Wii. I might end up claiming amnesty on that one though. I don't care what anyone says, that game is nails.
  • Samildanach 29 Nov 2019 19:11:31 157 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    rice_sandwich wrote:
    @Samildanach

To be fair it sounds like you've already given it a decent go. Shmups are difficult as the run time can be 20-40 minutes and they are usually fairly tough. I don't like to stuff in credits but some games are so hard that it's the only way I'll ever see the credits.

I'm working in a 1cc of Strikers 1945, nowhere near managing it.
    Yeah the clock says I put in over 25hrs back in the day, but since it is on my list, leave it for now as I will probably have a few more goes. I would actually need about 10 more hours of playtime to unlock all the ships after a recalculation (got it rather wrong before) which seems a bit of a chore...and it looks like utter shit on a modern day flatscreen...and then there is my wife asking why the Hell am I playing this boring old shit when she wants to see Dragon Age Inquisition in all its glory? She does have a point...
  • CowsMakeNoise 29 Nov 2019 19:25:18 87 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just bought Catherine Full Body for PS4. Stupid nostalgia for a 3 year old game.

Edit - first played it in 2012 on the 360 apparently. Now I feel old.

Edited by CowsMakeNoise at 19:27:31 29-11-2019
  • monkman76 30 Nov 2019 07:16:42 15,474 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    🎯 Death Stranding

Bizarre, ridiculous, frequently just a bit stupid. But the best game world I think Iíve ever experienced. Fucking loved it.
  • rice_sandwich 30 Nov 2019 08:13:50 5,935 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @monkman76

Polish off Grid Autosport and Sekiro and you will have a nice clean plate to end the year with :D

Spreadsheet updated too.
  • docrob 1 Dec 2019 00:06:07 1,247 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Guys, I have a problem.

Iím maxed out. No real chance of finishing anything on my list except maybe Outer Wilds, which has become frustrating rather than fun. Limping on to the end of the challenge.

Iíve just realised that Phoenix Point will be released on December 3rd. I backed the game on Kickstarter ages ago, well before the start of this challenge, so Iíve effectively bought and paid for it already. Does this mean I fail?
  • Samildanach 1 Dec 2019 00:45:58 157 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @docrob
    You may well have a problem there! It wouldn't be fair to count a game that you back as there is no way of playing it at that time, therefore it has to count when it drops through your letter box. That's the way I would read it anyway, I stand ready to be corrected. I guess it is the same issue as pre-orders, only those you can often cancel whereas Kickstarter commits you to your impending doom. Go on, surely Outer Wilds can be polished off in time?
  • rice_sandwich 1 Dec 2019 06:56:35 5,935 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @docrob

The main point of interest is how long have you had Unavowed? It's about a 10 hour game, easily completable, though possibly not in the next two days. Did you over stack your plate at the veritable gaming buffet that is pigwhip and now you're unable to get the fancy prawn tempura because you piled up the rice too high?
  • Phattso 1 Dec 2019 12:03:30 24,903 posts
    Seen 7 seconds ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Frankly I think itís an insta-fail for not completing Unavowed anyway! That game is amazing! Anyone who has it and hasnít played it through at least twice is a literal monster and should be shunned.
  • OllyJ 1 Dec 2019 14:16:25 4,615 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Finished Celeste.

Really didn't enjoy it, way too fiddly and difficult. Used the assist mode to soften it, if you finished that game with its original difficulty then hats off to you.

Adding Sparkle 2
  • Phattso 1 Dec 2019 14:22:52 24,903 posts
    Seen 7 seconds ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Sheet and first page updated.

@OllyJ I got to about 20 minutes from the end of Celeste and abandoned it for a few months. When I came back I'd lost all my skillz and had to use some assists to finish it, but I had done it without assists to that point which was some achievement for me. I enjoyed it in places, loved it in others, but some sections could just do one. I won't go out of my way to play the next game they put out.
  • OllyJ 1 Dec 2019 14:52:00 4,615 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Phattso yeah, i understand the appeal but it didn't seem fun to me. I actually really enjoyed being super Captain marvel flying through about half the game.

Not my thing at all.
  • docrob 1 Dec 2019 16:52:13 1,247 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    rice_sandwich wrote:
    @docrob

The main point of interest is how long have you had Unavowed? It's about a 10 hour game, easily completable, though possibly not in the next two days. Did you over stack your plate at the veritable gaming buffet that is pigwhip and now you're unable to get the fancy prawn tempura because you piled up the rice too high?
    I've actually been really good almost all year. Have maintained at least one slot open at all times, until a few weeks ago. I heard about Unavowed and I think it popped up on a special offer, and I thought it was close enough to the end of the year that I could justify it. I haven't actually started it yet. TBH I was entirely unaware that PP was about to release. The emails about it go to an account I don't check that often!
  • Phattso 1 Dec 2019 17:08:48 24,903 posts
    Seen 7 seconds ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Buying shit we arenít gonna play immediately. Bad form!
  • docrob 1 Dec 2019 23:09:00 1,247 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    Buying shit we arenít gonna play immediately. Bad form!
    You are correct, of course. It's my first offence though! Have been good all year. I thought I could pick it up and make it until Xmas without buying anything else. Had forgotten entirely about PP.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.