PSVR Move Controllers

• bellybouncer 26 Dec 2018 04:49:12 8 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 1 month ago
    Had this problem forever.
    The PS4/VR is very picky about move controllers. If I turn the PS4 on with the move, and then turn the other one on, it does not light up/register in game as being on. I have to very specifically turn on the PS4 with the dualshock, then turn the move controllers on. That's annoying but not terminal. What is terminal is that sometimes even when doing that, one of the controllers still fails to be recognised in game as being on. The PS4 itself reckons it's on. If I hit the PS button it will take me to homescreen and it lights up, but as soon as I go back in game, it turns off again. Only the "bulb" end turns off, the power light remains on. Which one it will do this with is random. My question, is this quirk normal? They are PS3 move controllers and work fine on the PS3.

I'm considering getting the PS4 ones but don't want to drop money on them if it doesn't resolve the issue. They command an unreasonably high price as is. Anyone got any thoughts on this? It's not even a once in a while thing, there's a 50/50 chance I'll get stuck in this loop every time I try using it.

VR is good, but when this happens I have to turn everything on and off again, sometimes several times and I just give up and go to bed.

Edited by bellybouncer at 04:55:16 26-12-2018

Edited by bellybouncer at 04:57:23 26-12-2018
  • richardiox 26 Dec 2018 07:57:36 7,495 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Happens with mine, it's pretty shite and maybe a result of just rolling forward PS3 tech. They really missed a trick not releasing new versions with built in sticks.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 26 Dec 2018 08:23:32 8,219 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I know this doesn't really help but I've never had that issue, and I have the PS3 ones, although they came in a PS4 box so even if you set out to buy PS4 ones you might not get the new versions. Even if you did the only differences are a micro USB connector and better battery life, I don't think they changed anytime else.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.