Following Titanfall Battle Royale to release Monday? (Apex Legends) Page 9

• ModoX 9 Feb 2019 18:55:03 3,478 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    What's the shield situation?

3 wins today so far now! Including one which was actually my own doing for the most part. Aaron's point that 20 squads gives you a higher chance of winning is very true, and it doesn't yet seem to have anything about it that means you're just fucked at the end game (in the way Fortnite's building will do to you).

Give me a Peacekeeper and I'm a happy bunny, in the two games where I've had the winning kill that is what has done it.
  • Bichii 9 Feb 2019 19:07:23 1,855 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    In normal PvP fps you roughly know the situation, so you have a certain gun and you have what ever items with you. You know what these items will do, how quickly said gun will kill the enemy. With this you can plan fights and feel the fight is somewhat balanced. In this until your opened fire you have no idea if the person you are about to engage has no shield, white shield , blue, purple or gold. So you plan some fancy trap, attack, they've a purple shield so you turn round and down you because you have a white shield. I'd soooooo much prefer a mode with no armour.
  • ModoX 9 Feb 2019 19:11:47 3,478 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah I do understand that, my baby the Peacekeeper will OHK someone at the start of a match, but by the end it takes probably four shots. It is really important to find good armour or you'll be bloody lucky to win. I'm ok with it though as it just means it's a slightly different game, it isn't all gunskill, it's also down to looting well, and sometimes blind luck.
  • Bichii 9 Feb 2019 19:25:53 1,855 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Like just then. Had a nice trap ready, had a shotgun ready for their face when they came around the corner. Boom...oh purple shield then I get almost instant downed by their machine gun although I had set it up nicely for when they entered the room
  • fiery_jackass 9 Feb 2019 19:32:33 1,137 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The should be an indication of shield level on aim,I think (if there is I've missed it),a bit like the auras in dark souls which were a dead giveaway.
  • Bichii 9 Feb 2019 19:43:22 1,855 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah I'd be happy with that.
  • Frogofdoom 9 Feb 2019 19:50:31 13,655 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    People that wait round corners with shotguns deserve whatever happens to them ;)
  • Tomo 9 Feb 2019 19:54:51 16,673 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I think you have to pick your battles, definitely. If you charge into things, who knows what will happen. Position is important and you really need to attack as a team too - if there's distance between your squad members, the fights won't work that well. Getting that first knock is really crucial as it allows you all to pile on.

Our favourite tactic is piggy-backing a fight that's just finished. Jump in whilst the winning squad is healing/looting and you basically get 6 boxes of loot. There's your purple armour.
  • TheMilkman 9 Feb 2019 21:57:05 593 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Couldn't agree more about the armour. I feel that way about all BRs though. I think they'd all be better with no shields/armour. Then again im not a massive fan of the genre and loads of people love the depth/unpredictability of it.

I'd love them to release a tdm or capture the flag mode for this game

Edited by TheMilkman at 21:57:25 09-02-2019

Edited by TheMilkman at 21:57:53 09-02-2019
  • AaronTurner 9 Feb 2019 22:21:51 11,057 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Two randoms in my team got shot up before the first circle and then quit rather than waiting for me to get to their banners. Fuck them, I won the match by myself anyway.

Yeehaw!!!
  • Duffking 9 Feb 2019 22:36:07 16,256 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I came second so many times today. The game's I've won I've been roughly even with my team on kills/damage but all my late games this today I've been waaaay ahead of my teammates.

Anyway, the shields are fine. They don't add anywhere near as much as you think - most people will be running at least 2 bars of shield, and so the only options higher are 3/4 bars, and in my experience almost everyone has at least 3. But even if you only have 2, it's not adding that much more. And the long combat encounters are the best thing about this game IMO.

You should always expect people to be heavily geared up late game. If you don't have the gear to match at close quarters then don't push people.
  • AaronTurner 9 Feb 2019 22:40:22 11,057 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Shame matchmaking appears to be bust now, was raring to go after that.

Edited by AaronTurner at 22:40:31 09-02-2019
  • Duffking 9 Feb 2019 22:46:26 16,256 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I dunno, there's nothing more satisfying than jumping in on an ongoing fight and kicking the shit out of people.
  • Duffking 9 Feb 2019 23:27:59 16,256 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Holy fucking shit I just had a round.

2nd to last circle. No respawners inside it. Me and one guy die. Final squad mate manages to recover our banners. Ziplines out to the respawner, respawns us, runs back, we respawn in, use the zipline to escape and then rekit ourselves, hunt down the last squad and win. Awesome.
  • TheRealBadabing 9 Feb 2019 23:30:54 1,868 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I want that.

Can't log in though.
  • ChiefGB 10 Feb 2019 01:04:53 11,053 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Big tings n dat
  • Tomo 10 Feb 2019 01:13:20 16,673 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Duffking wrote:
    Holy fucking shit I just had a round.

2nd to last circle. No respawners inside it. Me and one guy die. Final squad mate manages to recover our banners. Ziplines out to the respawner, respawns us, runs back, we respawn in, use the zipline to escape and then rekit ourselves, hunt down the last squad and win. Awesome.
    Had a similar one earlier too. I somehow scraped through a fight, got my teammates respawn thingies. Ran to a respawn point. I had to give one of them my longbow. They had no other gear. Think the other may have found a pistol. We ended up somehow killing the final team with 3 guns between us and barely any armour. Was soooo cool.
  • stephenb 10 Feb 2019 08:20:40 3,425 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The best thing about this game is that it leaves you with stories to tell. That seems to be in no small part to the legends abilities during encounters.

Won a round with my daughter last night. She was reviving our random team mate as lifeline in the second last circle. I pop smoke in front of them and call in Bangalores artillery. The other squad seemed to completely panic and we end up flanking them on both sides and just melt all 3 of them.

This game is kind of great.
  • KRadiation 10 Feb 2019 09:09:34 1,443 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    those extra abilities are what make it proper stand out for me. I was expecting COD blackout to have it... killstreaks of some sort tied to characters. but they just went down the basic pubg route which I found really boring.

one question about the teleportation portal. how does that work?
    I've seen teammates use it a few times now but the portals are always really close together. so useless.

I've not touched that class yet to see myself but just curious as it seems odd if you have to manually place both portals down as you should be together as a team anyway and if you want to get from A to B... by the time you're at B there's no use for the portal ??
  • Frogofdoom 10 Feb 2019 09:33:17 13,655 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Getting some quality goodform vibes in this thread, he would be proud.
  • monkman76 10 Feb 2019 09:37:37 14,833 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I really like this but I think I'm going to have to accept my skillz aren't up to it. I'm just a burden to most squads :(
  • stephenb 10 Feb 2019 09:41:35 3,425 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Frogofdoom wrote:
    Hmmmm........ @Frogofdoom seems to be an anagram of 'Of goodform'
  • TommyUnderwear 10 Feb 2019 09:48:09 230 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @monkman76 I wouldn’t think that’s the case. My skill levels are not the best either but sometimes the weakest can be a great distraction or can help chip away at an enemy. There would be no point in me playing this as a single player. I wouldn’t last a minute but with 3 player squads I feel like I can still bring something to the table.
  • Frogofdoom 10 Feb 2019 09:59:27 13,655 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @stephenb pfft, I was around here when his father was saving his hard earned cash to visit the whore who spawned him.

Edited by Frogofdoom at 09:59:43 10-02-2019
  • ModoX 10 Feb 2019 10:01:38 3,478 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @KRadiation I believe you trigger it and then run to wherever you want, after a certain amount of time the second portal drops. That sets each end of the run then, and your team can use it either way around.

On another note - people that just sprint forward the whole game... oh my god!
  • Frogofdoom 10 Feb 2019 10:04:41 13,655 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No the second portal is manually placed with a button press. It has some amazing tactical uses but it's pretty high level stuff to be able to use it well. Hide one portal behind a box and draw an ambush to you then jump through the other for an instant flank etc. I'm not nearly good enough to use it well though
  • macmurphy 10 Feb 2019 10:08:35 3,880 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    stephenb wrote:
    Frogofdoom wrote:
  • Frogofdoom 10 Feb 2019 10:16:15 13,655 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Tomo 10 Feb 2019 10:59:27 16,673 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    stephenb wrote:
    Frogofdoom wrote:
    Ha! Fucking brilliant. Frog is actually a Handmaid.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.