Titanfall Battle Royale to release Monday? (Apex Legends) Page 12

• Vortex808 12 Feb 2019 09:40:58 13,012 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Rivuzu wrote:
    The Spitfire is slept on. Big facts. That and the 301 are becoming my go-to.
    Same here, I liked them in the previous games too, so they feel natural, although I do like the prowler too.

Some games I hate- mostly when jumpmaster lands you right at a busy area and you get no weapon and have to try to punch someone who has a gun. Thanks for that landing spot choice! I know I should bail out, but I don't like to let the team down.

Had some great games, but after one solitary win so far I seem to be getting good at either placing 2-5/6th or 18-20th depending on where we land. :-)
  • Rivuzu 12 Feb 2019 10:11:22 17,692 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Depends on your team make up I guess as to where is best to land. If I'm playing Caustic, and we've got say a Bangalore or Gibraltar, I'd be comfortable landing somewhere dense and taking an immediate firefight. If the team comp is more scouting/ambush/neutral heavy, with Bloodhound/Lifeline/etc, I'd rather we stayed on the skirts.

Mirage is a piece of shit for soloists as well. Do not like teaming up with players who pick him as his skills are purely self complimenting and don't really help the team.
  • monkman76 12 Feb 2019 10:12:55 14,153 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Don't think I've ever played as or with a Mirage, but the tooltip says that if an enemy fires at his decoy, the enemy's position is revealed to the whole team. No?
  • Rivuzu 12 Feb 2019 10:16:03 17,692 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Nope. Or not that I've seen in my games with them. And even then the decoy is rarely used smartly, and mostly only used for self conservation. His passive and ultimate are purely self conservation as well. Which is fine solo, but a well rounded team is meant to compliment each other with their skills.
  • Vortex808 12 Feb 2019 10:16:26 13,012 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yep, my only win was with me using mirage and firing out decoys to draw out others. It worked very well tbh.

Been caught out like that all too often. :-)

I prefer to play as lifeline or gibralter though to get to grips with how to play them, but it all depends who picks what. I should try out some others and see how they go too, but achievements for other classes...
  • Derblington 12 Feb 2019 10:23:21 31,287 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago

At first glance, you'd probably say Mirage is a weak character. Reading his abilities kind of leaves you scratching your head on how he'd be useful, but in practice he ends up being surprisingly tactical and useful.

Let's get the passive out of the way first, it's pretty weak. The decoy isn't fooling anyone at this point, and being cloaked isn't super useful. Going for a thirst kill in Apex Legends isn't nearly as valuable as in most games due to the resurrect beacon.

Mirage's Tactical Ability, however, is extremely useful and versatile! Sending out decoys can be a great distraction and give you a quick advantage, you can use it to check areas for enemy squads, or send it ahead towards a beacon to see if it's safe.

Mirage also has one of the best get out of jail free abilities in his ultimate. While the decoys aren't super useful, they do provide distraction and a bit of cover from fire. The main perk is obviously the invisibility that can quickly get you out of harm, or it can allow for a great flank opportunity.
    YMMV, obv.
  • Load_2.0 12 Feb 2019 10:28:35 28,571 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    This looks really complex from the gameplay vids. What I liked about other battle royal games is the simplicity.

How quickly are you all picking up the armour/weapons systems?
  • Rivuzu 12 Feb 2019 10:32:28 17,692 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Pretty simply. Pick up gun, shoot gun. Certain parts go in certain guns. Sniper stock goes on sniper rifles. Extended light magazine goes on light ammo guns. Etc. Different levels to loot easily identifiable by colour - White, Blue, Purple, Gold.

Really not too complicated. Only complexity comes at the start, and trying to find a decent gun before you're jumped/so you can engage in jumping others.

Learning certain gun behaviours will just come with time, like the rev up on the Devotion LMG, the kick on Wingman revolver, or how the Mozambique is an utterly useless piece of shit.
  • monkman76 12 Feb 2019 10:33:12 14,153 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's fairly deep but you can pick it up pretty quickly. Make sure you spend a while trying out guns and abilities in the training mode.

I'm shit at it but it's great fun nonetheless.
  • Theshape80 12 Feb 2019 11:02:55 144 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Load_2.0 itís a lot simpler than it looks. Items are colour coded based on level. Test guns on in training and always keep a close range weapon on you ( not the Mozambique )

Edited by Theshape80 at 11:04:32 12-02-2019
  • neems 12 Feb 2019 11:48:12 4,282 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Probably a bit late with this, but after a week in the wild Apex has now seen more than 25 million unique players, with a peak of more than 2 million concurrent.
  • Frogofdoom 12 Feb 2019 11:51:18 11,588 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hopefully some people are buying shit as well, they deserve for this to make them some cash. If I finally decide which platform I will play on most I will invest a bit.
  • Immaterial 12 Feb 2019 15:44:25 2,253 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I am stupidly proud of my Mozambique kill in opening minutes of a game last night. I was messing around with Pathfinder, and managed to hook an unshielded enemy with the grapple, then point-blanked them to the chest.

My team did wipe about 30 secs later.
  • y2rich 12 Feb 2019 16:19:50 3,297 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I chucked them £15 the other night for the characters and some loot boxes. Little issue given how much fun I've had with it. Will grab the battle pass next month as well without hesitation
  • Frogofdoom 12 Feb 2019 16:32:02 11,588 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The kill at the end of this video (last 20 seconds or so) is just brilliant.

https://youtu.be/4lpnVtMMbj0
  • Mekanik 12 Feb 2019 19:32:18 4,683 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    y2rich wrote:
    I chucked them £15 the other night for the characters and some loot boxes. Little issue given how much fun I've had with it. Will grab the battle pass next month as well without hesitation
    Same. Happy to throw a few quid their way considering im already at 55 hours after a week. haha.
  • Vortex808 12 Feb 2019 19:41:10 13,012 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I too may have bought some coins for characters etc. It seemed only fair. Loving it.
  • AaronTurner 13 Feb 2019 07:49:21 10,285 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Frogofdoom wrote:

Can you explain to me why I just watched the end of this video only to see the most normal game ending ever? Wasted 5 mins of my morning time that, and then another minute to write this. Hmmphh.
  • Frogofdoom 13 Feb 2019 07:56:55 11,588 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The clip at the very end where he launched himself over a building span around and landed a mid air kill,yeah normal everyday shit. I said the last 20 seconds of the video not the last 5 minutes when his team mate sent him the clip, not my fault you didn't listen.
  • Immaterial 13 Feb 2019 08:48:23 2,253 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I was watching some of a twitch Apex tournament last night (Go ZF!). Four hours trying to kill and win as fast as possible. Unsurprisingly, there was an absolutely ridiculous numbers of kills and wins per team, even though they were playing against randoms.

Weirdly, the US results were much higher than Europe/ROTW (link to results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/186juS-1cZRjistGrFTeV8-bHi_i6N4_D-j60YawekpQ/htmlview?sle=true#gid=0 ) - I've not watched any other tournaments, so I've no idea if this is 'normal' (for a given value of normal) or not- are US games faster?

Edited by Immaterial at 08:49:11 13-02-2019
  • y2rich 13 Feb 2019 08:54:19 3,297 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'd imagine it's because the majority of the US teams had at least one ex pro FPS player (if not more) on their teams whereas the EU guys probably didn't (I don't recognise any of the EU as Pro players other than Break).
  • monkman76 13 Feb 2019 09:12:29 14,153 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:
    Frogofdoom wrote:

Can you explain to me why I just watched the end of this video only to see the most normal game ending ever? Wasted 5 mins of my morning time that, and then another minute to write this. Hmmphh.
    Shame you didn't spend an extra 5 seconds to read Frog's post properly.
  • Salaman 13 Feb 2019 11:11:52 23,421 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    Did you pick up the same gun twice?

To ping needed ammo, open the inventory menu, look at the weapons you have - each has the ammo icon it needs. Ping the icon.

To drop stuff, open the inventory menu, roll over any of the stuff you have and there will be a command to 'drop'.
    I had one quick game last night and got in the top 6, mainly by following my better and more experienced teammate around.

I heard a "Need heavy ammo" at some point and I managed to drop one of the 2 clips I had. The guy was on voice comms and the next moment I heard a very chill. "My man!"

Still struggled to swap weapons though. I had a pistol and longbow. Swapped from longbow to pistol with Triangle. Wanted to swap back but ended up with the pistol coming up again each time. I think long pressing made me holster my weapon. Then back to pistol, back to pistol, back to pistol until I suddenly pulled out the longbow, despite not having done anything noticeably different.

Weird.

I felt a bit bad for my teammate. I managed to get myself killed, he went for the revive and almost made it. Died about 1 second before it completed.
  • Yorkshire_Bourne 13 Feb 2019 13:14:24 383 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Had my first "OMG YOU'RE FUCKING SHIT!!!" outburst from some spotty, teenage-sounding motherfucker this morning on the PC version. I think I've come across more polite and helpful French players on this than anywhere else!

I also joined the PS4 community late last night to check out what was going on, and see if there were any like minded 30+ players who wanted to play for the fun of it in the wee small hours.

Unfortunately the whole message board is filled with "LF SWEAT LVL 35+ ONLY. MUST BE GOOD. NEED PHOTO TO PROVE. BANGALORE AND WRAITH TAKEN"

FFS, the kids are taking over!
  • Rivuzu 13 Feb 2019 13:22:46 17,692 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Had my first "OMG YOU'RE FUCKING SHIT!!!" outburst from some spotty, teenage-sounding motherfucker this morning on the PC version.
    Well no shit, you're playing when every sensible cunt is already at work.
  • Bichii 13 Feb 2019 14:47:34 1,010 posts
    Seen 59 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Of course the kids have taken over, it's free. I was having way more fun when this was a niche game for the first few hours :).
  • Technoishmatt 13 Feb 2019 14:58:00 3,096 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    monkman76 wrote:
    AaronTurner wrote:
    Frogofdoom wrote:

Shame you didn't spend an extra 5 seconds to read Frog's post properly.
    Fairly run of the mill Titanfall 2 kill :) see my own effort way back during the multiplayer tech test: https://xboxclips.com/TechnoishMatt/09132054-5f43-4a75-a9aa-6a68e9cb00ab

Good to know the grappling hook works similarly in Apex.
  • Technoishmatt 13 Feb 2019 15:05:59 3,096 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Also, this is an old clip of my Titanfall 2 EPG (grenade launcher) and Mozambique build, before the Mozambique was changed into a primary rather than a side-arm.

https://xboxclips.com/TechnoishMatt/0032bf18-5194-4718-864d-f70e5328b26b

Imagine if the Mozambique was that effective in Apex :p
  • richardiox 13 Feb 2019 15:31:43 7,520 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    What's the battle pass actually get you, once it's launched? Access to all the DLC characters?
  • Derblington 13 Feb 2019 15:37:16 31,287 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Not revealed yet.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.