Following Titanfall Battle Royale to release Monday? (Apex Legends) Page 3

• Tomo 5 Feb 2019 00:48:03 16,778 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I do miss the wall-running though. Feel like they should've integrated it somehow, even if it had a cooldown period so you had to control when you use it.
  • Technoishmatt 5 Feb 2019 03:06:21 3,543 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I played one game. My first impressions:

- Very polished. This is definitely not a beta or pre-release.
    - No problem getting into a game quickly, with lots of pointers on how to get started. This is how you release a new multiplayer game!
    - Tutorial was exactly right. I tried all the guns. Loved that the Double Take is now the Triple take. Itís hilarious. The shooting is very natural. I was popping the targets with every weapon quite naturally. Felt right. There are sooo many shotguns! And I noticed in the tutorial, as it shows hitmarkers with damage, that they do a lot of damage at medium distance. They will be quite uable I think - case in point, in my only game I found a shotgun and took out two dudes, felt good.
    - if I did want to olay with the settings, there are loads of options for controller finetuning.
    - the fov slider is back!!!

Look forward to plaging some more, and trying out all the classes.
  • DUFFMAN5 5 Feb 2019 04:28:29 24,977 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    "We are not making Titanfall 3" :(
    For SHAME.
    Played one game and yes it is all the things Techno said but I want TFall.
  • TOOTR 5 Feb 2019 05:39:32 10,452 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Keen to try it.

Maybe, admittedl optimistically, they can drop in (see what I did there?) Titans for special events. Or add wallrunning later?

I don't play fortnite as much as my nine yr old nephew but that's something they do isn't it - always changing it up?

I understand many peoples cynicism but I do love TF1 and 2 so much I really want them to be successful and I'm hoping it's good.

Not naive.....just hopeful!
  • TOOTR 5 Feb 2019 05:43:40 10,452 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Oh noes -just read the no Titanfall 3.

Heartbroken.

That's bitterly disappointing.
  • Bichii 5 Feb 2019 07:06:27 1,927 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I wish all games released like this. No bullshit marketing just "boom, here's a trailer now go download anthem now"
  • ModoX 5 Feb 2019 07:27:48 3,480 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Played a few games now, it's brilliant. First off everything works, it's not buggy. I like PUBG but couldn't hit the broadside of a barn in that, whereas I'm fine with Fortnite but am limited because I'm crap at building. This has great shooting without any nonsense.

Dropping with your squad is massive, and being able to ping enemy locations is so useful. Got into a fight earlier and my squadmate was able to flank because they knew where the bad guys were.

Also, earning XP based on how long you survived is great, can't remember about Fortnite but PUBG didn't do that.

Gutted for no TF3 but this is fantastic and I hope it does well for them, I'm certainly going to be playing it.
  • TPReview 5 Feb 2019 07:32:37 1,377 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Loved playing this last night, won a couple of games (out of about 10). It feels so polished, not just for a free to play game, but for the launch day of a multiplayer game.

Can see myself sinking a lot of time into this, especially if they keep up with the schedule of stuff as per the roadmap.
  • THFourteen 5 Feb 2019 08:19:26 53,012 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Fine Iíll give it a go tomorrow!
  • Theshape80 5 Feb 2019 08:21:18 187 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I enjoyed the games I played last night a lot. The ping system is brilliant and makes playing with team mates who donít have a mic a breeze. Season 1 starts next month and judging by some of the promo material monsters could be added soon. If they do seasons like fortnite with map changes etc I bet somewhere down the road a titan will show up for a season.
  • Tuffty 5 Feb 2019 09:59:27 4,399 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Hearing that there's no titans and no wall running just makes me remember of Goodform on the Titanfall 2 thread talking about how he you could make TF2 a better game if you could remove those elements I.e. the most interesting parts about the game that distinguish it from other FPS games

Yet to play this but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't bummed out that TF3 was effectively cancelled for this instead. No doubt it will still play like a dream but even the battle royale genre to me feels overworn. Maybe this is the one to persuade me, we will see. At least I have TF2 to fall back on.

Edited by Tuffty at 10:00:20 05-02-2019
  • Derblington 5 Feb 2019 10:58:57 31,987 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I wouldn't expect Titans to show up. They talk about a lot of the topics people are bringing up around the differences to TF here:
    https://www.gameinformer.com/interview/2019/02/04/respawn-discusses-entering-the-world-of-battle-royale
  • monkman76 5 Feb 2019 11:43:44 15,118 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Won my first match, go me!
  • y2rich 5 Feb 2019 12:22:12 3,499 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Goddamn this is an absolute blast to play. Super balanced, great gun play, fun map, great characters.

Really glad they removed the wallrunning from the game as it'd completely the destroy the balance of the classes/roles in the game.
  • ChiefGB 5 Feb 2019 12:22:15 11,453 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Iím no digital foundry but for my eyes the x version is quite a bit cleaner than the pro version.
  • Theshape80 5 Feb 2019 12:24:05 187 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Still no victory. I like wraith but havenít got a clue how her super works! I just canít place portals. Sheís deadly at flanking enemy teams though. Pleased with this so far.
  • Theshape80 5 Feb 2019 12:24:06 187 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Post deleted
  • neems 5 Feb 2019 13:12:33 4,708 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Theshape80

I think (don't quote me on this) you trigger the ultimate and run for 15 seconds, and the portals appear where you started and finished.
  • Frogofdoom 5 Feb 2019 13:15:50 14,245 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Portal one is when you use the super, portal two you place with RT or equivalent at your leisure within the window. It's handy to be able to run away and use it then pop through your portal to be behind them again.
  • Pierre2k 5 Feb 2019 14:55:36 1,144 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ModoX wrote:
    Played a few games now, it's brilliant. First off everything works, it's not buggy. I like PUBG but couldn't hit the broadside of a barn in that, whereas I'm fine with Fortnite but am limited because I'm crap at building. This has great shooting without any nonsense.
    Not played the game yet, but your comments sum up my thoughts on PUBG/Fortnite perfectly. PUBG - love the concept and more realistic setting but just can't get to grips with the aiming (XB1X very). Fortnite - Just can't get into the building.

If this has that mix of good shooting mechanics, without all the building and "flossing", happy days. Keen to try this now (plus I loved TF2).
  • Theshape80 5 Feb 2019 14:58:32 187 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Finally after getting my first win, the 2nd came the very next game as well!
  • TommyUnderwear 5 Feb 2019 15:46:54 239 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Am gonna give this a good shot over the next few days. Played one game last night and was very impressed. Am Tommyunderwear on PSN for anyone wanting to group up.
  • Theshape80 5 Feb 2019 16:08:18 187 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    This ping system has probably made this the most enjoyable game Iíve played with randoms and no mics. Decent teamwork in every game Iíve played so far. Apart from one game where someone quit because they didnít get their favourite character.Diddums.

Edited by Theshape80 at 16:08:37 05-02-2019
  • ModoX 5 Feb 2019 16:10:26 3,480 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I bought the founders pack, so I've picked up the two locked characters and am saving the rest of my coin for when something takes my fancy :)
  • ZuluHero 5 Feb 2019 16:40:24 7,567 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I really like it. Though i'm going to have to figure out how to mute people. My first fight had someone (sounded Russian?) shouting expletives at me for not coming to him when I was trying to find a weapon.

I mean I could have done that and maybe fight with my fists, but seemed a bit pointless. Then we all died anyway.

Not a great first first impression of the userbase, but I do want to play it more.
  • DangerousDave_87 5 Feb 2019 17:17:14 6,408 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @ZuluHero Like any online game, I'd recommend muting the random. People are generally insane online and can really sour the experience.
  • Technoishmatt 5 Feb 2019 17:56:41 3,543 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    My recent experience has been pretty good with randoms. Give it some time. But indeed - mute morons, there are still many of them.

I was going to say it could improve with separate quickplay and ranked playlists, but not sure that goes with the approach here. But... I am pretty sure they will develop and role out different options, inclduing potentially solo. I think with the surprise roll out they did the right thing keeping it simple.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.