Following Titanfall Battle Royale to release Monday? (Apex Legends) Page 29

• Load_2.0 6 Jun 2019 15:03:38 29,642 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Haha I've had a game where my team mates have racked up double figures and I've barely inflicted a scratch. Both of them were beasts though with kills close to 10k.

It's my insatiable greed for lewt!

Oh you're in a fight I'll be right there! Oh you've killed everyone. OK. Sweet, thanks the carry!
  • Technoishmatt 6 Jun 2019 15:19:18 3,485 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Early starts in busy areas that end in early death are not so bad I find, unlees the J Master lands us 10 seconds after everybody else. Otherwise, assuming I find a weapon pretty quick (and it is likely to be a high value loot area), then I will get some practice shooting.

The most frustrating games I find are where we are strung out running after a team member, who inevitably runs into another team. He has no chance 3vs1, and so quickly goes down. Then my team mate arrives and it is 3vs1 again. Maybe if lucky he takes out one who was low from the first battle. Then I arrive and it is 3vs1 again. I could avoid this by not joining the battle, but I need to save the team!

The reason I might be legitimately behind is that loot NRG just wasnt in my favour, etc... doesnt mean I am just being greedy (I am though).
  • ModoX 8 Jun 2019 17:10:49 3,478 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Technoishmatt Yeah this is basically every game I play
  • dsmx 8 Jun 2019 18:16:19 8,399 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The thing to remember is unless you're constantly killing the kill leader then the thing that dominates your XP at the end is always the time you spent in game either alive or watching your team.

When you consider that the XP you get from being in game goes up in a linear fashion, it really doesn't matter if you die early or late. The XP you get will be almost identical over time once I realised that I stopped caring as much when I died and just went into another game and went again.

About the only thing that annoys me now is when I meet aimbot players and those games when there is seemingly only shitty mods and ammo around with no guns or armour outside of white armour and P2020/Mozambique's.

Edited by dsmx at 18:20:21 08-06-2019
  • Technoishmatt 8 Jun 2019 18:20:46 3,485 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Thing is I dont care about XP. I just want to win!
  • dsmx 8 Jun 2019 18:30:29 8,399 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Technoishmatt Win is great but your reward for it is negligible outside the kudos of winning.
  • ModoX 8 Jun 2019 18:34:13 3,478 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Long runs of short games do get annoying, and it does affect your XP gains because you'll be spending half your time in load screens, but it's not too bad.

Good stuff coming out of the EA Play thing they just did. Wattson looks like a cool character, very defensive so maybe most useful in the late-game. It's nice to have another care package weapon to look forward to in the L-Star although it's a shame it wasn't another new regular weapon to spice things up more.

Looking forward to season 2, ranked mode, more interesting battle pass, should be fun.
  • Technoishmatt 8 Jun 2019 18:59:45 3,485 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @dsmx Placing well is the only reward. XP just gives me skins, which I couldn't care less about.
  • Immaterial 9 Jun 2019 11:23:12 2,320 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    EA play was a nice little tease. I wonder what else is going to be resurrected/adopted from TF2?

Going to be interesting to see how Watson affects the use of tactical and ultimates. She will mess with Gibraltar and Bangalore by neutralising their ult, as well as reducing how 'special' Gib's tactical is, although hers doesn't block bullets.

Zip lines and jump pads get yet another burst of usefulness getting over her fences.

No impact on Caustic (unless her ult zaps gas bags and gas grenades).

Nothing on Lifeline, Mirage or Bloodhound, apart from they won't be able to spam grenades or arcstars etc, but that's true for everyone.

Edit: actually, would a Mirage decoy trick the fence into pinging? Guess we'll find out in July.

Edited by Immaterial at 11:25:11 09-06-2019
  • ModoX 10 Jun 2019 10:01:10 3,478 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It does zap grenades so zapping Caustic's ult might happen.
  • MysteryLamb 18 Jun 2019 19:35:51 574 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've been playing this all day and I'm pretty sure the huge space cow thing creeps further around and closer to the island each short while. It's almost past the airport now. Unlikely I know but the coming map changes (and leviathan entering the island) might be about to drop sooner rather than later, especially with the hunt event (and maybe season 1?) finishing about now.

Also, could someone tidy up the thread title please?

Edited by MysteryLamb at 19:36:28 18-06-2019
  • stephenb 18 Jun 2019 21:27:45 3,425 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Here be dragons!
  • Immaterial 19 Jun 2019 11:10:59 2,320 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @MysteryLamb Definitely- think the current theory is that Repulsor is going to get destroyed somehow, letting the spacecows stomp all over the map in season 2 (new chokepoints, changes to zones etc.)

The amount of stuff being reused from Titanfall doesn't surprise me- think there was a SP level where a base was under attack from the flyers. The L-Star is going to make it over from TF2 too, without significant change in the way it works. This does make me wonder if all of the re-use of assets is going to restrict future seasons of Apex- most of the hero ultimates seem to be minor reworking of attacks/ effects that have been in earlier games, for example.
  • Duffking 19 Jun 2019 11:34:28 16,262 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The fliers were in the first game, they picked up grunts on the valley map and flew off with them.

I expect they're reusing elements where they can at the moment to keep putting new stuff in while the develop a buffer library full of new stuff they can make use of once they run out.
  • Immaterial 19 Jun 2019 12:02:04 2,320 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Hopefully it's giving them the space to work on their netcode, too! (Yeah, different dev teams I'd expect, but getting annoyed with leaf errors and forced disconnects).
  • Duffking 19 Jun 2019 12:52:17 16,262 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've not had much in the way of connection issues. It may be worth checking what data centre it's assigning you. If you leave it on the login screen for a minute you can check. Some people are finding it's giving them one miles away.
  • Technoishmatt 19 Jun 2019 13:12:30 3,485 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I have had a whole two disconnects during play since it came out. My xbox has crashed a couple more times, but that is because of standby mode...
  • Immaterial 19 Jun 2019 13:17:05 2,320 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I have been. I still get leaf'd every 15-20 mins though (PS4), ever since the beginning of the Hunt event- normally when selecting a game mode...
  • Derblington 27 Jun 2019 13:17:47 31,801 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/c60o50/both_season_2_trailers_in_full_hd_quality/

Map changes look extensive.
  • Vortex808 27 Jun 2019 13:44:50 13,275 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Good, some different areas will be most welcome.

I have been playing so much of this, and could really do with map rotation, or some serious changes to mix things up again.
  • Technoishmatt 27 Jun 2019 16:28:59 3,485 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Looks like some interesting changes without resorting to gimmicks.
  • Tomo 27 Jun 2019 20:11:28 16,678 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    That looks really good actually. I've not played in ages, so think this might bring me back.
  • stephenb 27 Jun 2019 20:56:31 3,425 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Respawn make some cracking trailers. That looks really good.
  • Immaterial 3 Jul 2019 12:19:16 2,320 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Sooo, season 2 is out then.
    I'm quite liking some of the changes (ranked mode ring damage, the new hop ups), and the changes to the map are MUCH bigger than I expected.

Still getting d/c's on a regular basis, as well as swapping data centres from London to Virginia for some reason. I am lethal with 250 ms latency, I've discovered.
  • Derblington 3 Jul 2019 13:25:35 31,801 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Yeah, I've been playing on and off all morning.
    Not keen on some new areas, prefer others. I think its a case of getting used to it mainly.
    Weapon additions/changes are all solid.
    Wattson seems cool.
    Like the addition of challenges.

My only gripe is that the infinitely repeatable daily XP/star challenge increases by 9000 every time you complete it. Mine is currently 36000.
  • PatrickEwing 3 Jul 2019 16:16:25 2,410 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Update cool but I seem to have even more blanks in my rounds than before

I Spotted a dragon perched up high with a purple death box when on the drop so landed on a out of bounds area to see if could loot it but bugger flew off, any ideas on anything to be done with that, guessing you land and shoot them when flying and they drop from there on.
  • dsmx 3 Jul 2019 18:46:54 8,399 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I'm enjoying the update and in addition to that they've made every weapon viable now, the map changes are welcome as they've added more cover and variety along with more loot spawns allowing more drop locations.

The changes to the fat boy characters are also welcome making them far more viable along with the minor nerfs to the more power characters bringing them more into line with the others.

Aside from the disconnection issues this is one of the best updates I've ever played to a game.
  • Vortex808 3 Jul 2019 19:39:23 13,275 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Enjoying the changes too, still not even tried Wattson yet either.

Found a flyer in a cage, but killed it. Can you release them? I didn't dare try.

😃
  • MysteryLamb 3 Jul 2019 21:41:28 574 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Does anyone know if the daily/ weekly challenges are randomised amongst players? I'm guessing they are as for example I've the task of playing 10 games as lifeline, mirage, or caustic this week but no one is choosing them more than I'd normally expect.

Balance changes are great to both weapons and characters. I was a bit worried that Wattson would be op but she isn't. The overall stat tracking is also nice, proves to me I'm pretty crap, (shame some stats are only getting tracked from here on) however the ranked system is the biggest improvement. I've only stayed in non ranked games so far and I'm doing far better. 2 overall wins in 8/9 matches and a couple of top fives also - a huge leap for me.

MysteryLamb on PS4 if anyone wants to carry me.
  • Duffking 4 Jul 2019 00:25:37 16,262 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah they're random to ensure you don't get everyone all going to the same place suddenly to complete challenges I think.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.