Following Titanfall Battle Royale to release Monday? (Apex Legends) Page 4

• Bichii 5 Feb 2019 18:13:47 4,606 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Played three games. Came 15th, 1st and 1st. It's by far the best royale game I've played.
  • Bichii 5 Feb 2019 18:58:27 4,606 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It is still battle royale though so I'm pretty bored already. :).
  • DUFFMAN5 5 Feb 2019 19:27:54 26,770 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Agree re BR having no great interest. It does play well, but it is off the hard drive. Crackdown 3 is my next goto. Watched about 20mins gameplay, looks like the first one, so I'm happy.
  • Salaman 5 Feb 2019 20:14:37 24,107 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    So I just had a first go and sort of forgot it's battle royal and not a multiplayer shooter. We died in under 2 minutes.

Is it normal to get dropped without any weapon? I felt I would have stood a better chance of I had a gun of some sorts.
  • ModoX 5 Feb 2019 20:23:15 3,480 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Doh, I realised you use the red 'Legend Tokens' to unlock characters - doing it with my Apex Coins appears to mean that the thousands of Legend Tokens I'm now collecting are useless unless I buy a weapon skin for 1,800 Apex Coins first so I can buy another weapon skin for Legend Tokens. Confusing!
  • Salaman 5 Feb 2019 20:24:30 24,107 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Meh, nevermind. Crashed out twice within 30 seconds of dropping into the map. I think my PC isn't up to it.
  • andy10 5 Feb 2019 20:54:00 336 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Woo, Apex champion! Time to close this thing down and never play it again (well, for tonight anyway).

Haven't yet found my favourite class, but healer lady's lifeline thing really helped when we were down to the final two squads and holed up in a shack. Flanked the final guy and gave him a little tickle with a shotgun blast to the back.

I still find all the trinkets and consumables a little overwhelming but it's my first time really playing one of these games.
  • neems 5 Feb 2019 22:29:55 5,444 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've been playing it all night, really enjoying it. My last round I found a yellow lever action shotgun called The Peacekeeper, absolutely chews through enemies.
  • Deleted user 5 February 2019 22:31:03
    I keep hitting the melee button when trying to fire my gun.
  • Mekanik 5 Feb 2019 23:11:18 4,728 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Im really enjoying this (on PC). Runs really smoothly and looks nice.

Couple of squad wins tonight as well. Always makes it more fun.
  • chasejamie 5 Feb 2019 23:14:31 837 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @AaronTurner I kept on doing this too, so I switched to the b-button (on Xbox one) for melee and a press of the right stick for crouch. It helped a lot for me.

Edited by chasejamie at 23:16:11 05-02-2019
  • chasejamie 5 Feb 2019 23:33:24 837 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Iím loving the chance to get re-spawned in this game. The team I was in managed to get my banner to the respawn thingy after I died earlier in the game, and it was us against another team of 2 players as the final 2 squads in the last rounds.

As I got dropped off from the ship I knew there wasnít any chance of me grabbing a weapon so close to the end, so I I just ran at the final two opponents just pressing the melee button while circling them, which led to my team mates going in for the kill while the opposition tried to fend me off. We get the win, and itís so nice to know there is always a chance to make a difference no matter how shit you are or if you have died early. Plus Titanfall 2 is 3.75 on the Xbox store if you havenít had the chance to play that yet.
  • ZuluHero 5 Feb 2019 23:37:28 10,220 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I like it but I'm so crap at it. Is this the sort of thing you get better at because I've been playing it for a few hours now and am still dead within in a couple of minutes.

The jump from the plane with that music is really addictive though! :)
  • SolidSCB 6 Feb 2019 00:09:47 16,085 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    This is decent but I teeter between half decent and fucking diabolical with no middle ground at all. My aiming is a disgrace.

Finished 2nd in my last game there in a very entertaining match, I've never been able to stand Fortnite with that building shit, found H1Z1 completely lifeless and don't like the look of PUBG so this is probably the first battle royale game I've actually enjoyed. Will be playing plenty more of this.
  • Duffking 6 Feb 2019 00:24:09 16,884 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    This game is the shit. It's so good. It's just fun, even with the randoms at the moment. It works so well.

Got my first win and I'm hooked. The presentation is fantastic, using the sport angle with the hunger games style announcements and stuff is really well done. I hope this is a huge hit, Respawn deserve it.
  • Tomo 6 Feb 2019 00:52:21 19,371 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Had several games with folks I know tonight. Was an absolute blast. Helped that we won 3 or 4. And losing doesn't feel too horrific yet - just go again and git gud. Got absolutely smashed in one game by a team with all the loot. That was a learning experience. The snipers are super satisfying to use. Triple Take and Longbow are awesome.
  • Tomo 6 Feb 2019 00:54:28 19,371 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Oh, we landed on the dropship thingy tonight in one game. That was funny as we punched one guy off, despite him having a gun. Then my two squadmates died for no reason - possibly a bug, and their bodies were floating in the air 1000m above ground so I couldn't actually get their Respawn item thingys. Quite funny landing on there though.

Also discovered that the little Apex Crate delivery robots are hidden across the map and if you shoot them they drop high grade loot for you.
  • Duffking 6 Feb 2019 01:03:17 16,884 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Hah, I landed on the dropship thing too and punched someone off the edge as well. Almost a shame there's no fall damage.
  • ChiefGB 6 Feb 2019 01:41:13 13,733 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tomo wrote:
    Also discovered that the little Apex Crate delivery robots are hidden across the map and if you shoot them they drop high grade loot for you.
    Now you know I wondered exactly that earlier but was too scared to shoot it in case I Gave my location away, top tip.
  • DUFFMAN5 6 Feb 2019 08:21:47 26,770 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Played (only second game) a game this morning. Finished 5/20. It was fun. Still unsure how often I would actually play. Maybe a game or two a day.
    It is fluid with good gunplay, obviously I suppose. I would just have much preferred TF3. I still play and love TF both on 360 and One.
  • SolidSCB 6 Feb 2019 08:47:31 16,085 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I just hope that us filthy casuals aren't going to be left behind. I could see this being the game I play a few matches of a few times a week for a very long time if it doesn't create too massive of a divide.
  • Frogofdoom 6 Feb 2019 08:57:20 17,655 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's worth spending some time in the tutorial learning the guns as otherwise the only time you use them is in a potentially game ending scenario. Much better to have a feeling of how they handle with unlimited ammo so you know which guns you prefer and can see their damage at different ranges.
  • Bichii 6 Feb 2019 08:58:59 4,606 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Obviously it's all about the alternator and the Mozambique.
  • ChiefGB 6 Feb 2019 09:39:56 13,733 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Wingman for me, Iíve chalked up a fair few kills in low to mid range seems crazy accurate if a little slow. Obviously itís situationly based, not so useful if you up against a smg or assault in the open, but if you are holding an area and both parties are peeking with caution (which happens a lot in br) it can be devastating. Similar to Mozambique but youíd use that even closer up, Iíve not had as much time with that.
  • monkman76 6 Feb 2019 09:41:37 18,725 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Can a mod please rename this thread?
  • ModoX 6 Feb 2019 09:43:33 3,480 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The 3-round mag kills the Mozambique for me so far. I tend to go for the Alternator, R-301, Eva-8. Actually I do quite well with the RE45 as well, considering I will normally switch out a pistol at the first opportunity.
  • Yorkshire_Bourne 6 Feb 2019 10:30:45 490 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wasn't keen at first and now after about 8 games I'm loving it.

Annoying that some people without voice comms refuse to even communicate via pinging info with R1! It's not that hard ffs and I'm telling you where the loot is if you don't have any!

Not sure who my fave character is, but mostly going Gibraltar or Lifeline. Love Gibralters "ultimate", wiped a full squad of 3 which brought about a shit eating grin for about 10 minutes afterwards hehe.

Missing the wall running but loving the hill sliding. Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!!
  • ZuluHero 6 Feb 2019 10:37:33 10,220 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I've muted everyone now anyway, so it's pinging or nothing!
  • SolidSCB 6 Feb 2019 10:52:48 16,085 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Gibraltar is my go-to. Brings back fond memories of the bubble shield in Halo 3 and used in combination with the airstrike is ace. I completely massacred a squad last night with it, felt good.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.