The Woke AF Thread

    First Previous
  • You-can-call-me-kal 4 Feb 2019 15:17:37 16,740 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Felt like we could do with a general thread about social awareness and such.

    And speaking of awareness, here’s Glinner having none relating to himself.

    https://twitter.com/glinner/status/1092367183555035137?s=21
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 4 Feb 2019 15:20:15 10,908 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's bafflingly mad how determined he is that this is the hill he will die on
  • CrispyXUKTurbo 4 Feb 2019 15:23:26 2,034 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Jesus, had him followed until recently, just a stream of inane bollocks.
  • nickthegun 4 Feb 2019 15:25:31 78,513 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    He joins Tim Farron on the 'thats now your legacy' scrapheap.
  • Frogofdoom 4 Feb 2019 15:28:31 13,931 posts
    Seen 8 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    He just keeps digging deeper and deeper.
  • hedben2013 4 Feb 2019 15:29:53 1,180 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Related, made me chuckle

    https://twitter.com/AliceAvizandum/status/1091541957250375681
  • JamboWayOh 4 Feb 2019 15:49:17 14,695 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    It's bafflingly mad how determined he is that this is the hill he will die on
    True. I'd respect him more if he came out as a transphobe but he's still playing 'concerned for other people' card.
  • Dougs 4 Feb 2019 15:54:55 90,207 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    Felt like we could do with a general thread about social awareness and such.

    And speaking of awareness, here’s Glinner having none relating to himself.

    https://twitter.com/glinner/status/1092367183555035137?s=21
    I saw that this morning. I don't really follow the ins and outs of Glinner and his problems, but even this smacked me in the face.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 4 Feb 2019 16:02:28 16,740 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Even if you share his views on trans people and what his post implies on that subject, it’s still hypocritical. It’s amazing that one of the best known comedic writers of recent years can so fundamentally miss the irony.
  • nudistpete 4 Feb 2019 16:08:28 860 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    And speaking of awareness, here’s Glinner having none relating to himself.
    Mr. Biffo mentioned Glinner in his Friday postbag a few weeks ago, and I spent the night going down the rabbit hole.

    I found it absolutely fascinating, he seems to be the rebel leader of a rag tag bunch of feminists who all believe transgenderism is a conspiracy to get blokes "lezzing up" with lesbians.

    TBH I have no idea how earnest him and his supporters are, but my mind was blown by this whole alliance he's formed and how he's pretty much got the backing of most people posting on mumsnet.

    I wish I had enough money in the bank to spend all day shitposting on twitters.
  • Armoured_Bear 4 Feb 2019 16:11:12 27,344 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't understand the thread title.
  • elstoof 4 Feb 2019 16:13:39 23,913 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    You know that moment you self-identified as a Volvo driver? That’s what being “woke” feels like
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 4 Feb 2019 16:14:42 20,693 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    nudistpete wrote:

    I found it absolutely fascinating, he seems to be the rebel leader of a rag tag bunch of feminists who all believe transgenderism is a conspiracy to get blokes "lezzing up" with lesbians.

    Finally something to make me care about any of this. I assume the lesbians are of porn quality?
  • nudistpete 4 Feb 2019 16:18:29 860 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    Finally something to make me care about any of this. I assume the lesbians are of porn quality?
    He quotes quite a few of them on his feed. Why not check his twitter feed then DM them asking if you can trade their underwear for slightly soiled copies of 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand?

    Edited by nudistpete at 16:18:41 04-02-2019
  • BigOrkWaaagh 4 Feb 2019 16:19:01 8,838 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    And AF means As Flip
  • b-rk 4 Feb 2019 16:20:52 948 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    This feels like a trap to attract and subsequently get the crazier members of the forum banned.

    /alert status
  • mrpon 4 Feb 2019 16:21:22 35,389 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Here's Liam looking for a "black bastard" to beat up after a loved one was raped.
  • Blackmarsh63 4 Feb 2019 16:21:53 2,544 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear Not just me then :lol:
  • You-can-call-me-kal 4 Feb 2019 16:23:50 16,740 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    nudistpete wrote:
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    And speaking of awareness, here’s Glinner having none relating to himself.
    Mr. Biffo mentioned Glinner in his Friday postbag a few weeks ago, and I spent the night going down the rabbit hole.

    I found it absolutely fascinating, he seems to be the rebel leader of a rag tag bunch of feminists who all believe transgenderism is a conspiracy to get blokes "lezzing up" with lesbians.

    TBH I have no idea how earnest him and his supporters are, but my mind was blown by this whole alliance he's formed and how he's pretty much got the backing of most people posting on mumsnet.

    I wish I had enough money in the bank to spend all day shitposting on twitters.
    As said, for some reason he’s chosen this subject as ‘his thing’ and has gone absolutely balls, arms, legs and head deep on one, very specific, completely unuanced view. He couldn’t be more earnest and was the driving force behind the whole lottery funding being pulled from Mermaids thing.

    Edited by You-can-call-me-kal at 16:26:25 04-02-2019
  • Graxlar_v3 4 Feb 2019 16:24:48 7,682 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I tend to find myself as a half asleep in perpetuity AF.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 4 Feb 2019 17:28:46 16,740 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    Here's Liam looking for a "black bastard" to beat up after a loved one was raped.
    Black people taking the blame for Albanians. Sad.
  • Kay 4 Feb 2019 17:29:21 20,149 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    Here's Liam looking for a "black bastard" to beat up after a loved one was raped.
    This is an astonishing thing for anyone to admit to, let alone an A-list celebrity. Wouldn't be surprised if it killed his career tbh.
  • Armoured_Bear 4 Feb 2019 17:39:26 27,344 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Kay wrote:
    mrpon wrote:
    Here's Liam looking for a "black bastard" to beat up after a loved one was raped.
    This is an astonishing thing for anyone to admit to, let alone an A-list celebrity. Wouldn't be surprised if it killed his career tbh.
    Haha, good one.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 4 Feb 2019 17:53:59 10,908 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Baddiel is a lot more enlightened than he was in the Famtasy Football Jason Lee days
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 4 Feb 2019 18:19:08 10,908 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It is an insane thing to have done given his general Guardiany vibe these days.

    I get the impression that he's apologetic and has left that sort of behaviour in the past.
  • Frogofdoom 4 Feb 2019 18:22:05 13,931 posts
    Seen 8 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well it was 20 years or so ago, quite a lot changes in that time.

    Edited by Frogofdoom at 18:22:21 04-02-2019
  • Frogofdoom 4 Feb 2019 18:23:40 13,931 posts
    Seen 8 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not defending him in any way just saying probably best not judge the current person on his actions from that far back.
  • First Previous
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.