• Decks Best Forumite, 2016 5 Sep 2019 08:41:01 20,717 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Uh oh somebodies taken the RED PILL
  • Tonka 5 Sep 2019 08:59:51 29,768 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    If that's how we proceed you could unwind every pension fund, bank account, bond and savings account that directly benefits from the production of munitions that maim and kill children, or research chemical weapons, or support deforestation or directly contribute to the pollution of the planet.
    The problem was his inability to accept that Epstein was an asshole. What's done is done. Money taken is, money taken. But what could be learnt and how could things be done going forward?

Load_2.0 wrote:
    But that's the world we live in, where people weep and wail in the audience with grief and demand public shaming rather than face the reality of their own culpability.
    That's exactly what Negroponte did.
  • Nexus_6 5 Sep 2019 10:27:48 4,310 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I plan to engage in weekly flagellation to atone for the landmine that blew off Abimbola's legs so I could get my 1.25% interest.
    Where the fuck did you manage to get 1.25% in this investment climate?!

Edited by Nexus_6 at 10:28:22 05-09-2019
  • Load_2.0 5 Sep 2019 11:55:10 29,765 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Nexus_6 wrote:
    I plan to engage in weekly flagellation to atone for the landmine that blew off Abimbola's legs so I could get my 1.25% interest.
    Where the fuck did you manage to get 1.25% in this investment climate?!
    I invested heavily in sex trafficking.
  • challenge_hanukkah 5 Sep 2019 13:08:00 11,136 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's a growth market.

The growths are on my penis. They weep.
  • nudistpete 5 Sep 2019 16:22:05 861 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    I couldn't get through that. A self-obsessed dickbag talking about another self-obsessed dickbag.
    Yeah, I tried reading it but it was like wading through treacle. If any article desperately needed a TL;DR summary it were that.
  • disusedgenius 5 Sep 2019 16:23:19 10,055 posts
    Seen 12 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    At least he got a blog.
  • nudistpete 5 Sep 2019 16:27:29 861 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    The problem was his inability to accept that Epstein was an asshole. What's done is done. Money taken is, money taken. But what could be learnt and how could things be done going forward?
    Unless they produce some kind of electronic peado meter to determine if potential donors are peados, I'm not sure anything can be done.

No point navel gazing over stuff like this, it achieves nothing.
  • DreadedWalrus 5 Sep 2019 17:11:21 1,802 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    nudistpete wrote:
    Unless they produce some kind of electronic peado meter
    They already have, although they all seem to use the American spelling of paedo for some reason.

• Tonka 6 Sep 2019 06:32:31 29,768 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    nudistpete wrote:
    Tonka wrote:
    Unless they produce some kind of electronic peado meter to determine if potential donors are peados, I'm not sure anything can be done.

No point navel gazing over stuff like this, it achieves nothing.
    True that. But it's not that clear cut. Should a gift be returned if the donor is later convicted of pimping underaged girls? MIT said no and it's now blowing up in their face, at least one professor is leaving and there's tons of negative press.

Should The British Museum keep accepting Sackler money? Should The Louvre? (Sackler money is made from the opioid crisis in the US, it's just a technicality from being illegal-drug money )

But what I really didn't get was Negropontes urge to stand up and defend his actions. Before this no one was talking about him. He just thought it would be splendid to give an impromptu endorsement of taking Epstein money. Which I found rather tone deaf.

It's OK to fuck up, but like Load-2.0 I think it's important to accept culpability and I also think one should try to learn from mistakes made.
  • thelzdking 6 Sep 2019 06:34:04 9,522 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    What happened to the incel thread? It's my natural home, free of Chads.

Anyway, I've just seen something called a "beta salad" in the shop. Might be worthwhile if you can't even bear to look at a Stacy.
  • challenge_hanukkah 6 Sep 2019 06:35:36 11,136 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    What if the server is a Stacey though?
  • thelzdking 6 Sep 2019 07:07:01 9,522 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Avert your gaze and give her all your money.
  • nudistpete 6 Sep 2019 13:29:45 861 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    Should a gift be returned if the donor is later convicted of pimping underaged girls?
    You can't easily unspend money, so no.

The Sackler money is a more interesting one, some institutions have refused their money. However if I were a board member of a charity/institution I'd take it so long as there were no strings attached (e.g. I wouldn't have to open a "Sackler wing" of my museum, a Sackler plaque at my hospital etc.), I'd rather their money be used to bring some good than sit in an account accruing them interest.
  • Tonka 6 Sep 2019 14:00:26 29,768 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    nudistpete wrote:
    Tonka wrote:
    Should a gift be returned if the donor is later convicted of pimping underaged girls?
    You can't easily unspend money, so no.
    A few universities returned unspent money. MIT opted not to. Biting them in the ass now. According to one article MIT even took money from Epstien after he was convicted. Shady.

nudistpete wrote:
    (e.g. I wouldn't have to open a "Sackler wing" of my museum, a Sackler plaque at my hospital etc.), I'd rather their money be used to bring some good than sit in an account accruing them interest.
    This is what the British Museum have.

It's a tricky thing with taking misery money to use them for something good. I think that should be an option if the money was seized, but I don't like the idea of taking money from people selling drugs personally. Plaque or no plaque.
  • Tonka 7 Sep 2019 09:43:51 29,768 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Jesus, this MIT mess is messier than I thought

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/how-an-elite-university-research-center-concealed-its-relationship-with-jeffrey-epstein
  • Nanocrystal 7 Sep 2019 11:49:18 1,892 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Why the accent on the word elite? Pretentious.
  • Mola_Ram 7 Sep 2019 12:07:42 21,246 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The New Yorker, pretentious?!? I just scoffed so hard I almost dislodged my monocle.
  • 8bitMofo 7 Sep 2019 15:18:57 711 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Nanocrystal
    This might has something to do with it :

Satchel Ronan O'Sullivan Farrow is an American journalist, lawyer, and former government adviser. Farrow is the son of actress Mia Farrow and Woody Allen. In late 2017, Farrow's articles in The New Yorker helped uncover the Harvey Weinstein sexual abuse allegations.
  • Tonka 7 Sep 2019 15:44:09 29,768 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    They umlaut their coöporations as well.
  • JamboWayOh 7 Sep 2019 21:01:32 14,721 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/sep/07/no-lust-at-first-sight-day-i-finally-realised-i-was-a-demisexual

I like to think I'm open to a lot of things but as the person interviewed says it almost feels like there's a label for everything. I really can't keep up.
  • nudistpete 7 Sep 2019 21:15:19 861 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    I like to think I'm open to a lot of things but as the person interviewed says it almost feels like there's a label for everything. I really can't keep up.
    I've been searching for a label for a while. Just what do you call someone who can only get an erection and an urge to procreate when strangling geese at the park?
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 7 Sep 2019 21:19:57 20,717 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm a hemerosexual. I'm only sexually attracted to woman with masculine buttocks.
  • elstoof 7 Sep 2019 21:20:23 23,932 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Those geese with the fat livers are fucking asking for it though the honking sluts
  • mothercruncher 7 Sep 2019 21:22:53 16,474 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Explains why I can’t wank off to Demi Lovato.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 7 Sep 2019 21:23:13 20,717 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The fellatio is on another level.

• JamboWayOh 7 Sep 2019 21:26:54 14,721 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    I'm a hemerosexual. I'm only sexually attracted to woman with masculine buttocks.
    Decks is all up in that Fatima Whitbread booty.
  • nudistpete 7 Sep 2019 21:37:52 861 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Did you see that Through the Keyhole where they went to Fatima Whitbread's house, Leigh Francis opened up one of her wardrobes (why?) and there's one of those massive mains powered massage wand vibrators in there?

I want a label for someone who felt completely unaroused witnessing that.
  • mothercruncher 7 Sep 2019 21:40:31 16,474 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    C’mon- you’d pop that in a shoebox and stuff it away somewhere like any of us, wouldn’t you?
  • nudistpete 11 Sep 2019 15:46:09 861 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Fireman Sam viciously murdered for being male, white & cisgendered or something.

While I can sort of see what they're thinking, will maintaining a relationship with a character aimed at preschoolers really prevent women from becoming firefighters?

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.