The Woke AF Thread Page 2

  • fontgeeksogood 4 Feb 2019 18:31:45 4,648 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    mrpon wrote:
    Here's Liam looking for a "black bastard" to beat up after a loved one was raped.
    He started a list
  • Load_2.0 4 Feb 2019 19:35:58 28,574 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I agree with him and Greer. If you want to transition all power to you but you are not a woman.

    Transgender athletes like Rachel McKinnon winning world championships is absurd.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 4 Feb 2019 19:47:53 17,867 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah same here. Its throwing logic out of the window for the sake of being progressive. These women who train their whole life to be the top of their sport only for a biological man to come in and dominate their sport, it's ludicrous.

    Edited by Decks at 19:48:29 04-02-2019
  • fontgeeksogood 4 Feb 2019 19:49:52 4,648 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    It's sportsMAN not sportsLADY
  • JamboWayOh 4 Feb 2019 19:52:14 11,157 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    I agree with him and Greer. If you want to transition all power to you but you are not a woman.

    Transgender athletes like Rachel McKinnon winning world championships is absurd.
    Are you saying this generally or in the arena of sport because otherwise you're just saying that while you support their transition what they feel about their gender is wrong.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 4 Feb 2019 19:56:53 17,867 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    It's sportsMAN not sportsLADY
    Well no its both actually. That's the point.
  • RyanDS 4 Feb 2019 19:58:45 12,518 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I don't get it.

    Man becomes woman, asks to be called woman.

    Cost to me - I must remember to use the gender she wants. Hardly a big deal.

    Makes her happy, no one is hurt and the world is a happier place.

    I really don't get this shit where "oh I am (in my mind) technically correct so I will deliberately hurt this person who has usually struggled with their identity and been treated like shit for no reason."

    It is fucked up.

    Edited by RyanDS at 19:59:34 04-02-2019
  • telboy007 4 Feb 2019 20:00:55 2,281 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ...
  • nickthegun 4 Feb 2019 20:02:54 76,528 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    He's very much taking the 'wont somebody think of the children?!?' route.

    But, you're right. To the majority of people, who gives a fuck? Athletes? Yeah, that's not great. Women? Yeah, they didn't have the struggle you had but being trans isn't a bed of roses. Trans kids? You feel what you feel.

    I dunno. There's no exactly right answer other than glinner needs to shut the fuck up.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 4 Feb 2019 20:03:01 13,671 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The sport thing always seems to be the go to argument. Maybe we just need to think differently about how we create competition? Weight based rather than gender or something.

    I can see how shifting social landscapes create challenges and difficulties to the status quo. But thatís always the nature of progress.
  • JamboWayOh 4 Feb 2019 20:04:03 11,157 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    I don't get it.

    Man becomes woman, asks to be called woman.

    Cost to me - I must remember to use the gender she wants. Hardly a big deal.

    Makes her happy, no one is hurt and the world is a happier place.

    I really don't get this shit where "oh I am (in my mind) technically correct so I will deliberately hurt this person who has usually struggled with their identity and been treated like shit for no reason."

    It is fucked up.
    Pretty much and goes both ways for women who identify as a male after transition.
  • fontgeeksogood 4 Feb 2019 20:04:22 4,648 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Decks wrote:
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    It's sportsMAN not sportsLADY
    Well no its both actually. That's the point.
    I've never heard of sportsladyship
  • RyanDS 4 Feb 2019 20:10:56 12,518 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    To be honest I never gave a thought about this stuff for years. Then I started seeing a new customer in my local pub. It was almost a joke, this 6 foot builder with 5 o'clock stubble in a dress and heels. Spent a few weeks giggling at the freak.

    Then realised one day it isn't a joke, this person is genuinely transitioning, just not... naturally feminine. But the self identity was important enough that they would be dress like that and face the world every day and know they were mocked but do it anyway. She had the op a couple of years later and was a really nice person and used to be great fun and always buy a round when I saw her in the pub. Probably the bravest person I knew.

    Edited by RyanDS at 20:12:10 04-02-2019
  • Mola_Ram 4 Feb 2019 20:15:56 19,198 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I recently lived with someone who had transitioned. It was hard to get used to the pronoun stuff at first (I knew him before the transition, so the brain instinctively wanted to say "she" for a while), but after that it was easy. He's a male - he's just not a *cisgendered* male.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 4 Feb 2019 20:20:38 17,867 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    Maybe we just need to think differently about how we create competition? Weight based rather than gender or something.
    It wouldn't work. Men will always have huge advantages in strength and stamina.

    I honestly couldn't give the slightest fuck what people want to identify themselves as, but that doesn't mean people should be forced to pretend that there isn't a biologic difference.

    Imagine how it much feel as woman, working all your life to to excel in your sport, having to jump all the hurdles woman have to to get in that position, and then a (biological) man just strolls in with their huge physical advantages and starts to dominate. And that's supposed to be progressive?
  • Nanocrystal 4 Feb 2019 20:25:20 1,768 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    But some biological women will naturally have more strength and stamina too, won't they? How is that different?
  • fontgeeksogood 4 Feb 2019 20:25:35 4,648 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    There's a trans woman who goes to the football. Not as yet at all convincing (well, wasn't two years ago anyway).

    She entered into the half time penalty shootout contest. I used to think I was quite good at giving zero fucks what people thought. Then I saw that
  • challenge_hanukkah 4 Feb 2019 20:28:11 9,570 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Nanocrystal wrote:
    But some biological women will naturally have more strength and stamina too, won't they? How is that different?
    This.

    There's a woman I work with in her 60s who could crush my skull like a coke can.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 4 Feb 2019 20:29:39 13,671 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Thereís so many social constructs and shared assumptions that are actually paper thin once the flawed thinking behind them becomes exposed. Throughout history every major social progression has been faced by people saying it somehow defies logic.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 4 Feb 2019 20:30:42 13,671 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    Maybe we just need to think differently about how we create competition? Weight based rather than gender or something.
    It wouldn't work. Men will always have huge advantages in strength and stamina.

    I honestly couldn't give the slightest fuck what people want to identify themselves as, but that doesn't mean people should be forced to pretend that there isn't a biologic difference.

    Imagine how it much feel as woman, working all your life to to excel in your sport, having to jump all the hurdles woman have to to get in that position, and then a (biological) man just strolls in with their huge physical advantages and starts to dominate. And that's supposed to be progressive?
    Are you saying all men are biologically physically superior to all women?
  • nickthegun 4 Feb 2019 20:33:03 76,528 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Nanocrystal wrote:
    But some biological women will naturally have more strength and stamina too, won't they? How is that different?
    I suppose because of the potential for huge disparity rather than a relatively minor one. Given the same amount of training, I would be better at pretty much any physical sport than my wife because I'm almost literally twice her size.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 4 Feb 2019 20:34:14 17,867 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Gender is not a social construct alone. It just isn't. There's a huge biological difference between men and woman, and no matter how progressive you want to be it's not going to change that.

    If Manny Pacquiao turned around tomorrow and decided he was transgender would you be happy for him for him to go and start kicking fuck out of woman boxers?
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 4 Feb 2019 20:38:33 17,867 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    Maybe we just need to think differently about how we create competition? Weight based rather than gender or something.
    Are you saying all men are biologically physically superior to all women?
    Of course not. Am I saying that it's a huge amount easier for a man to gain muscle and strength from training than a woman, yes. I see it all the time at kickboxing. I train with woman, it takes many of them weeks to be be able to do a single push up when they first join the club. Young boys come in and they can do 20 right off the bat.

    Edited by Decks at 20:39:35 04-02-2019
  • RyanDS 4 Feb 2019 20:39:48 12,518 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Why the obsession with sports?

    You are talking about 1% or less. Fuck the sports arguments, does it hurt to call someone who wakes up every day and thinks* they are a woman, lives like that 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, a woman? The elite sports are a distraction from the lives that most people live, and the only reason it is brought up is because it is easier to talk about sports that none of us will ever actually interact with or be affected by, than actually think about the real people who live day to day and are just like us. It's a strawman purely so you don't have to actually think about reality.

    *poor choice of word, but fuck it.
  • fontgeeksogood 4 Feb 2019 20:40:04 4,648 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    So, if there's an exception for sport, are you good with this user Decks
  • Load_2.0 4 Feb 2019 20:40:58 28,574 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    Decks wrote:
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    Maybe we just need to think differently about how we create competition? Weight based rather than gender or something.
    It wouldn't work. Men will always have huge advantages in strength and stamina.

    I honestly couldn't give the slightest fuck what people want to identify themselves as, but that doesn't mean people should be forced to pretend that there isn't a biologic difference.

    Imagine how it much feel as woman, working all your life to to excel in your sport, having to jump all the hurdles woman have to to get in that position, and then a (biological) man just strolls in with their huge physical advantages and starts to dominate. And that's supposed to be progressive?
    Are you saying all men are biologically physically
    superior to all women?
    Is it coincidence that the records for time, weight and distance in athletics are held by men?

    Or that every Premiership player is male?

    Maybe women are just lazy?
  • H1ggyLTD 4 Feb 2019 20:43:48 11,500 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    Or that every Premiership player is male?
    wut
  • You-can-call-me-kal 4 Feb 2019 20:44:51 13,671 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Well, itís mostly a social construct once you get past the differences in genitalia, which as far as I understand donít play a huge role in boxing.

    The problem with the men vs women in sport argument is that men have the advantage of their sports beings taken more seriously on every level from an early age. Better diet, training, sport science, more money, more expertise and and and... Balance all that out and then we can have a more meaningful discussion about whether men and women of the same weight class can fairly fight each other.

    But that aside, if women of the same weight class want to box Pacquiao I donít see why they shouldnít.
  • challenge_hanukkah 4 Feb 2019 20:45:36 9,570 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I wonder what Corbyn would look like in a twin set and pearls
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 4 Feb 2019 20:50:03 17,867 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    Well, itís mostly a social construct once you get past the differences in genitalia, which as far as I understand donít play a huge role in boxing.

    The problem with the men vs women in sport argument is that men have the advantage of their sports beings taken more seriously on every level from an early age. Better diet, training, sport science, more money, more expertise and and and... Balance all that out and then we can have a more meaningful discussion about whether men and women of the same weight class can fairly fight each other.

    But that aside, if women of the same weight class want to box Pacquiao I donít see why they shouldnít.
    You think the only difference between the make up of men and womans body is their genitalia? It's immeasurably easier for a man to put on muscle than woman. Theres really no argument to be had about it.

    And its not a case of women of the same weight class wanting to box him. It's the fact that they would have no choice but to do so. And it would be incredibly dangerous for the woman if they did.
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.