• Frogofdoom 9 Feb 2019 12:31:10 13,655 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    For fucks sake

https://youtu.be/E9j1He-H4d4
  • StarchildHypocrethes 9 Feb 2019 13:14:52 32,283 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    They could do with toning down the grenade spam and making it a bit more obvious when ones been chucked right at your feet from a block away.
  • Frogofdoom 9 Feb 2019 13:40:26 13,655 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Have a feeling the sound bugs aren't helping with that. On Xbox at least you barely know an airburst has been fired until its about to hit.
  • crestedzulu 9 Feb 2019 16:55:44 45 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Malek86 Thank you - very much appreciated!
  • blunt_eastwood 9 Feb 2019 17:39:43 9 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Pazie wrote:
    @blunt_eastwood At the start of each mission it gives you an option to find other random players to do the mission with. Iím on the Xbox and done just that to help me with a mission I knew I wouldnít be able to do on my own.
    Thank you. I finally figured it out.
  • pacrifice 9 Feb 2019 20:33:47 4,803 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    If anyone's got their PS4 on could you quickly try this? Not near my PS4 right now.

Neutral lighting - https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/aob56y/the_division_2_neutral_lighting/#thing_t1_efzn2re

In the first game, you can switch it on in the settings but it's missing in this sequel's beta build but according to Reddit dude, setting your brightness and contrast in game to zero, brings it closer to neutral lighting.
  • MrMumtaz 10 Feb 2019 08:28:56 1,176 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    They could do with toning down the grenade spam and making it a bit more obvious when ones been chucked right at your feet from a block away.
    Totally agree. All the times I've died except for once were to hail Mary's from way down town. Some of them seemed to be cooked and didn't even land giving me a chance to dive away, they just went off right in my face. Was like a Worms AI on highest difficulty was throwing them.

The other death was to an open world boss, or bounty as they are now known as. He was the toughest enemy I'd faced and also had a couple of others flanking me at the time so to be expected really. Glad I could simply 're-activate him and go back for another pop.
  • ChiefGB 10 Feb 2019 10:53:04 11,053 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Completed the high end mission last night, bringing back some of my issues with the last one. Relentless waves off armoured dudes whilst we cower behind cover. Gets a bit draining after a while. Spose there were objectives but it all boiled down to clearing the waves really. Least destiny threw in mechanics here and there. Here itís just a machine gun dude every once in a while, those drones the enemy bring and keep spamming are a tad lethal as well.

It was alright and seemed to be raining loot, but may just get a bit long in the tooth if thereís little variety.
  • DUFFMAN5 10 Feb 2019 11:29:35 24,778 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @ChiefGB
    After several hours with the demo I think I will wait for a sale a few months/year down the line. I definitely have enjoyed my time with it and it has totally renewed my interest in the first game but it is incredibly similar.
    Which for hard core fans is wonderful, as sometimes all you want is more.

I only ever played the first game for around 10 hours (spent 6 odd on demo for 2 so far) in total so hardly touched it. I am going to put that right asap.
  • Frogofdoom 10 Feb 2019 11:50:13 13,655 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The first game is in a much better place than the second from a technical standpoint as it stands anyway. May as well take advantage of that as you haven't played it.
  • THFourteen 10 Feb 2019 12:14:24 52,549 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Havenít played the first so I guess this feels fresh to me. Enjoyed it more than the Anthem demo for sure.
  • Deleted user 10 February 2019 12:27:58
    I've enjoyed it. Not sure I'd like to pay full whack for it. For £16 it was a no-brainer though.
  • Huggybear 10 Feb 2019 12:31:37 1,609 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Technical and balance issues aside I liked this. I really like the environments even if Washington DC isn't that interesting to me as a non-American.

Think I'll play some Div 1 in the mean time, although the last time I reinstalled it the amount of different systems, stats and vendors / currencies sort of crushed me. Might be a good idea to just start a new character and ease into it.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 10 Feb 2019 13:59:07 32,283 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I'm all in for it. Very much more of the same, but I really liked the first one so that's fine with me.
  • Technoishmatt 10 Feb 2019 15:25:38 3,479 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Having lived in DC for the past 3 years, very dissapointed the map doesnt extend to my house, which is a few minute on a bicycle from the White House. I expect my work is in it though as it is a block away!!!

Enjoyed the city in Div 1 muchly, so hope this is good too.

Not sure I will find time to checknout the beta tho, even if it is installed and waiting!
  • Frogofdoom 10 Feb 2019 15:33:09 13,655 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The pc version runs much nicer than the console versions and doesn't seem to have the audio bug of the Xbox version. The UI needs to burn in a fire though with the double clicking in the menus.

Edited by Frogofdoom at 15:34:39 10-02-2019
  • MrWonderstuff 10 Feb 2019 22:01:55 2,980 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Wanted to try it on my PS4 pro - can really feel the 30fps in this one. Should have tried it on my 970 as the first one ran really well on that. Oh and it crashed when I was trying to get through a door...logged back in and it said queue of 250 - yea erm nah. Next! Oh and the first one was ace in terms of atmosphere and mood - should really reinstall it.

Edited by MrWonderstuff at 22:03:09 10-02-2019
  • Frogofdoom 10 Feb 2019 22:11:14 13,655 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wife has a 970 with an old i7 and runs close to a solid 60 around medium settings at 1080p if that's any help.
  • MrWonderstuff 10 Feb 2019 22:48:55 2,980 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Frogofdoom good to know should I get it. Thanks.
  • mothercruncher 11 Feb 2019 09:52:12 16,384 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Enjoyed it a lot, I think their world building is second to none. One of the joys of the first one was exploring, reading graffiti, listening to audio logs etc. Always though the sound design was underrated too.
    And they really supported it, unlike some developers, with regular updates and good dialogue with the community.

That said, as I got to about hour four it did feel a bit too familiar and predictable. Oh, look, Iíve fought multiple waves of enemies and hereís a big button to press at which point, obviously, Iíll be fighting yet more on the way out. I know thatís a staple of these kind of games but a new idea or two would be welcome.

Iíve more faith in The Division being a solid, rewarding game to play than most others of this type, just not quite sure I want in yet.
  • mothercruncher 11 Feb 2019 21:27:19 16,384 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Skillupís summary of the beta. Fair I think, some good, some bad. If you werenít a Division 1 player you might not know that he built his channel via really detailed coverage of the original game.

The weapon and gear changes do sound brilliant. More clear and more viable build options. Thereís a pleasing thunk to the firefightsI didnít spot many technical issues on console, unlike him.
    Depressing Ubi are selling Season Wanking Passes with game pre-orders without offering any detail about the content that comes with them, or that they tried to monetise stash space before backtracking. This is concerning and I think itíll be the thing that makes me hold fire until at least more detail is available.
  • ChiefGB 11 Feb 2019 23:14:57 11,053 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah hang on, whatís this about all the content drops being free, wtf have I gone gold for? A weeks early access, Christ I think I can live without that for extra £20 or so.
  • Dombat 12 Feb 2019 00:29:11 1,613 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have no idea what's in what edition for this game but paying extra for early access is such a scam. It's basically a tax on the impatient.

Pretty sure EA have a version of Anthem that's primarily for early access.

Can see why it works in this genre, but let's face it, it's a waste of money.
  • THFourteen 12 Feb 2019 02:32:06 52,549 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Whereís the cheapest place to get this? Looks like cdkeys I guess, £33
  • Huggybear 12 Feb 2019 07:39:31 1,609 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    ChiefGB wrote:
    Yeah hang on, whatís this about all the content drops being free, wtf have I gone gold for? A weeks early access, Christ I think I can live without that for extra £20 or so.
    Think the Gold Edition also gets 3-days early access at launch (ie. on the 12th instead of the 15th).

The Ultimate Edition is even more of a travesty. On the US store you're paying double (120 vs 60 dollars) for early access, a stash space increase that everyone now seems to get, a few cosmetic items and... an Exotic Assault rifle (which, ok, could turn out useful. Like the preorder bonus in Destiny 2 that turned out to be the most overpowered weapon in the first raid).
  • Frogofdoom 12 Feb 2019 08:08:29 13,655 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Dombat that's ea access and origin access/premier. All purchases of the game go live on the 22nd.

Edited by Frogofdoom at 08:08:46 12-02-2019
  • Vortex808 12 Feb 2019 09:42:35 13,268 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This played all right from the wee bit I tried and I enjoyed it, but it did seem very much more of the same, not sure I will pick it up right away, but may dip in later and see how it is.
  • Switch024 12 Feb 2019 09:52:00 3,391 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @mothercruncher That was a good watch, quite a lot of changes that I didn't really appreciate having not played The Division for over 2 years.

I found it a bit of a mess on PS4 Pro, lots of graphical issues including the pop in and weird animation glitches. Getting charged by a moonwalking Hyena was quite funny though. I'm hoping it's a lot more polished at launch but it sounds like that's unlikely.
  • ChiefGB 12 Feb 2019 15:18:23 11,053 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    How can they advertise ďincludes year 1 season passĒ with gold edition when ALL copies of the division will do. Thatís scummy practice right there. Think I may well cancel my preorder if there isnít a bit more clarity around what it includes.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.