Black Desert on Xbox One

• oldskooldeano 7 Feb 2019 14:13:38 2,947 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    One of the most successful MMO's of recent times is finally coming to Xbox in early March. It's a Korean grindfest but laden with gorgeous visuals and probably the best character creation generator in any game ever.

There's lots you can say bad about it, P2W is a common one, as is bewbs, but these are modern day MMO tropes so you pays yer money and yer makes yer choice.

There is a final beta here, which runs from 14th-17th Feb, with the release on March 4th.

BDO is a complex marathon of a game with lots to do and many obscure details. A forum thread might just be useful for those new to the game, and now there is one!

Edited by oldskooldeano at 14:14:01 07-02-2019
  • Deleted user 7 February 2019 21:55:11
    I played a free trial on PC, it was bloody gorgeous. But I did find the enemy AI a bit lacking. As in... No one really was that bothered about defending themselves or attacking me. :/
  • oldskooldeano 9 Feb 2019 22:49:22 2,947 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @telboy007 That is the case in the early days. Once you hit lvl50 plus things step up. BDO is a long tail of a game. Like a lot of MMO's I guess.

I think it's great we get this on Xbox. Xbox X users in particular should get a proper wow factor.
  • ChiefGB 9 Feb 2019 23:09:41 10,292 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I will spend all the hours of the beta creating the fittest badass babe I can most likely.
  • oldskooldeano 10 Feb 2019 02:06:20 2,947 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    ChiefGB wrote:
    I will spend all the hours of the beta creating the fittest badass babe I can most likely.
    Sounds like a plan.
  • Deleted user 10 February 2019 09:16:35
    @oldskooldeano good to hear!
  • ChiefGB 10 Feb 2019 11:07:23 10,292 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah Iíve steered clear of it on pc as Iíve heard itís very grindy. Iíll try it for free though. The character creator has always blown me away, canít see me stumping up monies for this though without some kind of deal, itís regularly £4 on pc but still not gone for it yet.
  • Deleted user 12 February 2019 12:16:56
    Downloading the beta. Well hopefully it's downloading, it doesn't always do it remotely. Fingers crossed.
  • ChiefGB 12 Feb 2019 15:32:31 10,292 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Doesnít unlock till Thursday anyway apparently.
  • ZuluHero 12 Feb 2019 18:54:30 7,277 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Are there going to be cross platform servers like FFXIV?
  • ChiefGB 12 Feb 2019 20:34:09 10,292 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It would probably be a good thing and although Iíve not been following the news on this, I havenít heard that so Iím going with Ďunlikelyí
  • ChiefGB 12 Feb 2019 20:34:11 10,292 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Post deleted
  • oldskooldeano 13 Feb 2019 10:40:28 2,947 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    Are there going to be cross platform servers like FFXIV?
    Not cross platform as the Xbox version releases with a limited selection of character classes, six, as opposed to the current PC roster of 17(?), a level cap and some of the locations unavailable at launch.

This was the same as the PC actually but the Xbox has a more accelerated release schedule apparently so should catch up.
    All extra content is free by the way.

The beta is currently available to download now for start tomorrow but you do need to register on the link at the top of this thread.

I should be online for the beta so hit me up if you have any questions. I'm hardly an expert but I do know the basics
  • ChiefGB 14 Feb 2019 19:07:36 10,292 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not really sure what to make of this, feels like all the ftp stuff thatís come out in recent years but with a better graphics engine. It doesnít like running in 4K on x very much either from what I played earlier (requires activating and a restart btw). Giving it another go now. The character creator is absolutely nuts deep in detail. But the character doesnít quite match up once in the game, colours seem to be off a bit.
  • oldskooldeano 15 Feb 2019 00:12:58 2,947 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    It's like the remastered version on PC. Superbright. Combat works well on the controller but I prefer the PC UI. You can't really replicate a plethora of keys on a controller I guess.
  • Deleted user 15 February 2019 07:59:04
    The imps were as combat shy as I remembered :)
  • oldskooldeano 15 Feb 2019 09:50:48 2,947 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Like Destiny, or many other games, the challenge and game proper doesn't start until, in BDO's case, level 56, or thereabouts in the case of the Xbox. Although it can also be said that the life skill end game starts level one, day one. BDO is not just PvP.
  • ChiefGB 15 Feb 2019 10:13:43 10,292 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Class always has a bearing too, I started a sorceress without looking into what it did. Turns out itís just a weapon less melee class with little variation in moves (they all look and feel the same) I briefly rerolled a hunter yesterday and that felt a little more dynamic (if still a bit generic)

Tl;dr donít pick sorceress (itís a bit shit)
  • oldskooldeano 6 Mar 2019 11:46:58 2,947 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Well it's been out a few days now and is looking popular. Servers very crowded and some bugs but communication is good and the roadmap to add new classes and areas is aggressive and promising. For example new area in a couple of weeks.

Performance is good in the main. Definitely the best MMO on Xbox. £7.99 for the base game if you want to try it out. You'll probably want extras if you get into it but that's an impulse price point.
  • oldskooldeano 13 Mar 2019 13:14:19 2,947 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    New Mediah area and content being released today. Level cap increased. Full patch notes available later. Very good!
  • tenofspades 27 Mar 2019 18:17:34 1,756 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've not tried a mmorpg on the xbox one, are the controls on a controller quite intuitive on Black Desert Online, or Elder Scrolls?

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.