The Flaws in Films thread, spoilers within Page 2

• Fake_Blood 8 Feb 2019 07:05:08 9,201 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    In Back To The Future 3 the main problem is the Delorean Marty went back to the wild west with has a fuel leak, so they can’t get it up to 88mph.

But at that point Doc has already put his Delorean in the mine, the electronics were broken, but presumably it still had fuel in it.
  • AddyJB 8 Feb 2019 07:15:55 937 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    The Neverending story has a runtime of 1hr 47 mins.

HORSESHIT.
  • thelzdking 8 Feb 2019 07:18:45 8,924 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    SnackPlissken wrote:
    Where did Zoltar come from?
    Hull.
    Now I really want to see Ken Loach's Big, set in Hull.
  • drhcnip 8 Feb 2019 07:19:13 6,206 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    the goonies - the octopus, data's scariest part of the adventure.....so scary it was cut so the line didn't make sense any more.....
  • Tonka 8 Feb 2019 08:20:02 29,039 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
  • Your-Mother 8 Feb 2019 14:36:19 2,354 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The new movie, “Shaft”, is a sequel to the 2000 movie “Shaft”, which is a sequel to the 1971 movie "Shaft” and has three characters all called John Shaft.

I look forward to 2027’s new version, Planet of the Shafts.
  • RyanDS 8 Feb 2019 14:39:16 12,518 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Also in Back to the Future how comes Marty's mum doesn't remember how she tried to fuck a guy who looks and sounds EXACTLY like her son. Eh? Eh? I mean, wtf people!
    Same reason she doesn't realise Calvin Klein wasn't the guy she tried to rape (shitty writing)
    Look dude. I like you and all that. You seem a pretty cool guy.

But if you talk about "shitty writing" again, or disparage Back to the Future again I will fucking cut you.

We cool?
  • Nexus_6 8 Feb 2019 14:40:37 4,119 posts
    Seen 51 seconds ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    How did John Doe originally plan on finishing his murders in Se7en?
    It was just convenient how envy and wrath were wrapped up but if Mills and Somerset hadn't been assigned the case?
  • Lukus 8 Feb 2019 14:43:08 21,626 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I think maybe any film involving time travel is exempt as we all know they can be picked apart like crazy. And yes, Infinity War has time travel but it was more of a rewind the tape affair than a create multiple branches stylee
  • Dougs 8 Feb 2019 14:46:57 87,969 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Lukus wrote:
    So I watched Infinity War again the other day, and it occurred to me, the bit where the bug lady from Guardians of the Galaxy is mind melding Thanos, whilst Doctor Strange and Iron Man try and take the gauntlet off him - given that he's basically unconscious and not fighting back then; why don't they kill him? Or at the very least cut his arm off? Strange could do one of the portal thingies on his head or neck then close it, like what happened to Thanos' mate's arm, earlier in the film.

Missed opportunity that, tssk.

Edited by Lukus at 16:01:51 07-02-2019
    Yes, that was a surprise. Especially given, as you say, they set it up earlier in the film.
  • DUFFMAN5 8 Feb 2019 14:58:27 24,058 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    AddyJB wrote:

HORSESHIT.
    ;)
    Sing after me "Turn around, look at what you seeeeeee"...no ok then, as you were.
  • whatfruitlivesagain 8 Feb 2019 15:01:38 1,551 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    There is no chance in hell coach Tony D'Amato could have pulled off the trade for Steamin Willie Beaman to the New Mexico Aztecs.

The Miami Sharks would have franchise tagged the shit out of him.
  • whatfruitlivesagain 8 Feb 2019 15:09:57 1,551 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    Also, what happened to the Marty that was born and grew up in the timeline that he arrives in at the end of the first film.
    He ran away from home because his mother molested him.
  • Load_2.0 8 Feb 2019 15:31:11 28,574 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Molested Marty also went back in time and he took their incest baby.

That baby became Biff.
  • Baihu1983 8 Feb 2019 15:35:49 10,710 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Looper

Joe goes back in time to kill Cid because Cids men kill Joe's wife in the future because Joe killed Sara in the past while trying to kill Cid as a child.

But young Joe only meets Sara because of the above so actually non of it should have happened in the first place.

Or something. Fuck time travel

Edited by Baihu1983 at 15:36:08 08-02-2019
  • AcidSnake 8 Feb 2019 16:47:29 8,042 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    In Episode VII Kylo Ren stops a blaster shot with the force, but that's not how the force works!
    And I should know, I've seen the other films!
  • whatfruitlivesagain 8 Feb 2019 16:59:34 1,551 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    AcidSnake wrote:
    In Episode VII Kylo Ren stops a blaster shot with the force, but that's not how the force works!
    Darth Vader stops Han's blaster shots in Empire Strikes Back.
  • AcidSnake 8 Feb 2019 17:06:14 8,042 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    whatfruitlivesagain wrote:
    AcidSnake wrote:
    Darth Vader stops Han's blaster shots in Empire Strikes Back.
    Yeah, with his robot hand...

Anyway, I wasn't being serious, I remember vizzini I believe losing his mind over that one detail...

Serious one though:
    Terminator 1

The cyborg killing machine has Sarah Connor cornered when she and Reese smash headfirst into a wall with their car and he is right behind them. Cops also arrive and surround them ordering to freeze. And the Terminator? He's gone! They sly devil...

Why didn't he just walk over to Connor and rip her head off then and there?
    If they ran the cops would have probably shot her for him and it's not as if he's intimidated by police as he decides to murder their HQ just a few scenes later...
  • Blakester 8 Feb 2019 17:22:57 4,648 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Not a flaw as such, but I always wonder how the Queen alien managed to get onboard the ship at the end of Aliens.

It looks as though she comes out of the loading bay which surely would have been shut when Bishop was hovering around by the platform.
  • ZuluHero 8 Feb 2019 17:33:27 7,083 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Also in Back to the Future how comes Marty's mum doesn't remember how she tried to fuck a guy who looks and sounds EXACTLY like her son. Eh? Eh? I mean, wtf people!
    Same reason she doesn't realise Calvin Klein wasn't the guy she tried to rape (shitty writing)

But if you talk about "shitty writing" again, or disparage Back to the Future again I will fucking cut you.

We cool?
    Yeah, make like a tree and get out!
  • ZuluHero 8 Feb 2019 17:37:56 7,083 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Blakester wrote:
    Not a flaw as such, but I always wonder how the Queen alien managed to get onboard the ship at the end of Aliens.

It looks as though she comes out of the loading bay which surely would have been shut when Bishop was hovering around by the platform.
    She was hanging on the back - but wait, how did she survive the vacuum of space when they always kill them by blowing them out of air-locks?

/o\
  • challenge_hanukkah 8 Feb 2019 17:38:07 9,570 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    JamboWayOh wrote:

We cool?
    Yeah, make like a tree and get out!
    That's about as funny as a screen door on a battleship.
  • bad09 8 Feb 2019 17:38:29 8,661 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Blakester wrote:

It's the compartment that holds the landing gear. The queen jumps in when the drop ship landing gear gets caught up in debris leaving the platform.
  • ZuluHero 8 Feb 2019 17:43:40 7,083 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    bad09 wrote:
    Blakester wrote:

It's the compartment that holds the landing gear. The queen jumps in when the drop ship landing gear gets caught up in debris leaving the platform.
    Yeah that's what I always thought too!

Btw, somebody only told me this years after seeing the film, but Queen takes Bishop! :)
  • SnackPlissken 8 Feb 2019 17:51:03 686 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    SnackPlissken wrote:
    Where did Zoltar come from?
    Hull.
    Would this explain why we’ve got Brexit? Some fucker wished for it in Hull
  • bad09 8 Feb 2019 18:25:34 8,661 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @ZuluHero

Ha! Queen takes bishop, ive never clocked that myself :)
  • splosh 8 Feb 2019 19:10:57 166 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Green Goblin doesn’t aim for Macy Gray in the first Spider-Man.

Suppose that’s why he’s the villain though.
  • Load_2.0 8 Feb 2019 19:42:05 28,574 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    AddyJB wrote:

HORSESHIT.
    Falkor shit.

Thinks its unfortunate to have a bird poo on you?

Well imagine a giant flying dog dropping its fetid payload on your mellon from a 100 feet above.
  • fontgeeksogood 8 Feb 2019 19:44:08 4,648 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    splosh wrote:
    Green Goblin doesn’t aim for Macy Gray in the first Spider-Man.

Suppose that’s why he’s the villain though.
    She tried to walk away
  • JamboWayOh 8 Feb 2019 19:51:38 11,157 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    How come, in the classic JCVD film Double Impact, Jean Claude plays twins who have the same accent, the same body type and make the same sound when they do cool shit like a flying roundhouse kick? Does he think we're mugs?!

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.