Following UK Politics Thread Page 436

• DangerousDave_87 7 Nov 2019 12:35:56 6,533 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    My mum has been so incredibly anti-Tory her whole life, so it was a massive punch to the stomach to hear she is voting for Boris to get Brexit done. Turns out she still has some massively out-dated and inaccurate views regarding immigration and didn't much like being treated by foreign doctors and nurses when very close to death earlier this year.

It's seemingly besides the point that she couldn't remotely afford private health care and the Tories are looking to sell up the NHS.

And I only called her to arrange a Christmas gathering. Very depressing...
  • X201 7 Nov 2019 12:41:33 19,577 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Bloody immigrants coming over here with their medical knowledge, saving people's lives
  • X201 7 Nov 2019 12:58:04 19,577 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Boris Johnson's campaign claims fact-checked

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50317404
  • elstoof 7 Nov 2019 13:03:13 24,433 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Could this Boris guy not in fact be just a lying sack of shit, I wonder..
  • challenge_hanukkah 7 Nov 2019 13:35:52 11,621 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    This guy seems nice:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/amp/entry/tory-mp-candidate-said-women-should-keep-their-knickers-on-during-rape-discussion_uk_5dc350bbe4b0d8eb3c8f45ff/
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 7 Nov 2019 13:41:33 21,502 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Conrad had said: “I think women need to be more aware of a man’s sexual desire.

“When you’re in that position that you are about to engage in sexual activity there’s a huge amount of energy in the male body.

There’s a huge amount of will and intent and it’s very difficult for many men to say no when they are whipped up into a bit of a storm.”

Conrad added: “It’s the old adage about if you yank a dog’s tail then don’t be surprised when it bites you.

“You can’t keep snakes in the garden and think they’ll only bite your neighbours.”
    wow
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 7 Nov 2019 13:41:34 21,502 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago

“When you’re in that position that you are about to engage in sexual activity there’s a huge amount of energy in the male body.

There’s a huge amount of will and intent and it’s very difficult for many men to say no when they are whipped up into a bit of a storm.”

Conrad added: “It’s the old adage about if you yank a dog’s tail then don’t be surprised when it bites you.

“You can’t keep snakes in the garden and think they’ll only bite your neighbours.”
    wow
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 7 Nov 2019 13:41:42 21,502 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    WOW
  • challenge_hanukkah 7 Nov 2019 13:43:33 11,621 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Can someone find his Twitter and get his take on bonobos please?
  • Frogofdoom 7 Nov 2019 13:43:47 14,620 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Such wow
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 7 Nov 2019 14:52:54 11,368 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    DangerousDave_87 wrote:
    My mum has been so incredibly anti-Tory her whole life, so it was a massive punch to the stomach to hear she is voting for Boris to get Brexit done. Turns out she still has some massively out-dated and inaccurate views regarding immigration and didn't much like being treated by foreign doctors and nurses when very close to death earlier this year.

It's seemingly besides the point that she couldn't remotely afford private health care and the Tories are looking to sell up the NHS.

This is where the election will be won.

For all the very welcome and much needed promises of massive infrastructure investment and the duelling personalities of two of our all time least popular political leaders it's the often unspoken sentiment of people like Dave's mum that will carry most of the result home
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 7 Nov 2019 14:56:17 11,368 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    This guy seems nice:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/amp/entry/tory-mp-candidate-said-women-should-keep-their-knickers-on-during-rape-discussion_uk_5dc350bbe4b0d8eb3c8f45ff/
    Victim blaming Ched Evans apologist

I know "the nasty party" is kind of built into the Tory brand these days and most people accept that they're shits before voting for them anyway but this is something else
  • X201 7 Nov 2019 15:16:12 19,577 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    DangerousDave_87 wrote:

This is where the election will be won.

For all the very welcome and much needed promises of massive infrastructure investment and the duelling personalities of two of our all time least popular political leaders it's the often unspoken sentiment of people like Dave's mum that will carry most of the result home
    1997: Mondeo man
    2005: Hardworking families
    2019: Dave's mum
  • JamboWayOh 7 Nov 2019 15:30:58 15,740 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Decks wrote:

wow
    Someone's been watching a lot of Jordan Petersen. I imagine he's been paying for sex on a regular basis.
  • askew 7 Nov 2019 15:33:21 20,237 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I hope Lord Buckethead will be standing against Johnson.
  • X201 7 Nov 2019 15:55:16 19,577 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    askew wrote:
    ATTN “NOT-SO-UNITED” KINGDOM: Exactly as predicted in “The Prophecy of the 7th Incarnation” below, BEHOLD your Govt reduced to rubble by the Dissolution of Parliament! BEHOLD the ashes & rising smoke from over 100 Liars’ pants-on-fire! BEHOLD ME! LORD BUCKETHEAD! I HAVE ARISEN!!
    I think that's a yes :D
  • Graxlar_v3 7 Nov 2019 16:03:31 8,340 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    X201 wrote:
    askew wrote:
    ATTN “NOT-SO-UNITED” KINGDOM: Exactly as predicted in “The Prophecy of the 7th Incarnation” below, BEHOLD your Govt reduced to rubble by the Dissolution of Parliament! BEHOLD the ashes & rising smoke from over 100 Liars’ pants-on-fire! BEHOLD ME! LORD BUCKETHEAD! I HAVE ARISEN!!
    Boo!!!!!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/26/lord-buckethead-double-trouble-theresa-may
  • disusedgenius 7 Nov 2019 16:11:24 10,192 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Personally I'd prefer everyone just leaves Uxbridge to Labour, the Tories and BXP. :(
  • senso-ji 7 Nov 2019 16:20:44 9,928 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Doesn't matter, as the incumbent PM Boris will win it by a landslide. Better to have wannabe celebs dressed up in dumb costumes alongside him on the podium on election night.
  • alt-cmd-esc 7 Nov 2019 16:28:53 382 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I reckon Doris Bronson should stand in Uxbridge, as she might grab a few of the illiterates' votes
  • X201 7 Nov 2019 16:34:26 19,577 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    X201 wrote:
    askew wrote:
    Boo!!!!!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/26/lord-buckethead-double-trouble-theresa-may
    Bloody Yanks, BOO.
    Down with Buckethead
  • Load_2.0 7 Nov 2019 16:45:05 30,156 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I'm so full of sex energy before coitus I will often roar and breathe fire like a dragon.
  • prettyvacant 7 Nov 2019 16:47:34 281 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:

Boo!!!!!

The balls to enforce copyright on a character ripped off from Darth Vader ,
    Long live Lord Wheelie Bin !
  • X201 7 Nov 2019 16:49:03 19,577 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Wetherspoon's lambasted for Brexit beermat campaign

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50329890

It's only a case of breaking company law, no big deal.
  • CrispyXUKTurbo 7 Nov 2019 17:00:01 2,281 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Fucking hell, I now remember seeing gremloids in the video shop back in the day.

Fucking sucks that Durham is using it this way
  • monkman76 7 Nov 2019 17:55:31 15,362 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Before he moved to America?
  • Ror 7 Nov 2019 18:08:53 19,037 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Gremloids sounds like some sort of ear condition.
  • smemma 7 Nov 2019 22:27:32 700 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    I'm so full of sex energy before coitus I will often roar and breathe fire like a dragon.
    Damn it - wish that was a new page post
  • fontgeeksogood 7 Nov 2019 22:30:08 7,565 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Rodger Wetherspoons looks like a composite image of their clientele
  • chopsen 7 Nov 2019 22:33:42 20,631 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Homeless Thundercat

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.