Following UK Politics Thread Page 441

• simpleexplodingmaybe 9 Nov 2019 13:38:05 11,368 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:
    Its all SJWs and politically correctness gone mad.
  • AaronTurner 9 Nov 2019 14:01:22 11,426 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    AaronTurner wrote:
    Its all SJWs and politically correctness gone mad.
    Nope sorry, don't go in for that. I just believe that people make mistakes in life and it's not helpful to castigate them for it. Same too for other opinions, I mean if I had voted leave I would take one look at these threads and run a mile because most of the patter in here is not open for discussion on brexit, it's just open to reinforcement of the remain vote and point and laugh at thick, criminal, racist leavers. I've been there myself and it's not helpful for anyone.
  • Darth_Flibble 9 Nov 2019 14:07:32 3,728 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    There is a reason why there is no positive brexit news in this thread or even forum because there isn't any. The most loud brexit supporters are racist scum or filling their own pockets at the expense of the ordinary person. I've yet to hear a good reason for brexit. Its just vague shit about "will of the people" "make our own deals" but nothing to back it up
  • Anthony_UK 9 Nov 2019 14:09:39 2,967 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The tories have effectively taken the country back 40 years by preying on the working classes base fears. From your Polish builders, through to the EU placing unfair rules (that nobody can name) to the almost vilification of the muslim community.

All those suppressed thoughts or even actual beliefs have been justifyed and legitimised for the sake of power. The EU vote for some was effectively an anti muslim vote, I've head people openly say as much and a number of Muslim friends have been told as much in the street.

Is the ultimate aim purely to pander to the right wing press and mob mentality and power? Or is it all more sinister and connected to avoiding the new EU tax law that stops (the world's biggest enabler of corporate tax avoidance along with the US) tax avoidance for corporations and offshore tax havens which goes live Jan 1st 2020. I've no idea if I'm honest.

What I do know is that for me, the tories are borderline evil at this point. I'm utterly disgusted with parliament and a large majority of the uk's population for allowing themselves to be manipulated the way they have.

My point is this thread seems laser focused on anti semitic comments with little else. The country is being utterly destroyed and we're arguing about someone who may or may not have sung "hey jew" on a bus at some point and may have been close to Corybn... It's racist and stupid of course it is, but come on. I'm not asking people to ignore racist comments, the Labour Party isn't particularly supportive of Israel and its clear thats justification for some to promote their own agenda and attract lunatics in general.

This only helps the tories and at this point I hate to say we've got to choose between the lesser of two evils to even have a chance to save this country.

Edited by Anthony_UK at 17:04:50 09-11-2019
  • d_h1234 9 Nov 2019 14:14:09 201 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Darth_Flibble wrote:
    There is a reason why there is no positive brexit news in this thread or even forum because there isn't any.
    And if you asked any Leavers to say why they want it, or what their rationale is (if not just simple racism), they'll say we're all bullies and SJW's who don't tolerate other ideas, they're the real victims in all this, blah blah blah.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 9 Nov 2019 14:15:48 11,368 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Darth_Flibble Bingo!
  • Darth_Flibble 9 Nov 2019 14:15:52 3,728 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I hope the people on here that have been very vocal about remain actually vote in the election and not just spoil their vote with a picture of boris being fucked by putin
  • Darth_Flibble 9 Nov 2019 14:28:55 3,728 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @d_h1234

yeah, its annoying as its simple and honest question and that start throwing their toys out of the pram. Falling back on insults and acting like their are being victimised.
  • X201 9 Nov 2019 14:43:27 19,577 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Darth_Flibble wrote:
    There is a reason why there is no positive brexit news in this thread or even forum because there isn't any.
    Project fear
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 9 Nov 2019 15:44:26 11,368 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Anthony_UK What if I vote for a party which is neither the Tories nor Labour?
  • its-H1ggyLTD 9 Nov 2019 15:58:54 546 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    Then you'll get the tories.
  • Darth_Flibble 9 Nov 2019 16:07:47 3,728 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    If someone normal (normal for politics anyway) was the leader of labour right now, they would crush the tories in the election. Sadly we have 2 pieces of shit for the main 2 parties
  • its-H1ggyLTD 9 Nov 2019 16:14:12 546 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    Somebody normal.

Somebody sensible.

Somebody moderate.

Somebody progressive.

Somebodzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • TheSaint 9 Nov 2019 16:14:46 18,943 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    its-H1ggyLTD wrote:
    Then you'll get the tories.
    We'll see.
  • its-H1ggyLTD 9 Nov 2019 16:16:43 546 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    Now you're getting it.
  • RichDC 9 Nov 2019 16:22:07 8,608 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    But the Tories say you get Labour. I'm so confused. :(
  • Mark1412 9 Nov 2019 16:39:44 1,591 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I suppose you could judge the Tories on the last nine years of bullshit.
  • askew 9 Nov 2019 16:43:25 20,237 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Any rational person would. Sadly it seems people are prepared to ignore it for Breggsit
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 9 Nov 2019 16:44:17 11,368 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    its-H1ggyLTD wrote:
    Now you're getting it.
    We'll see
  • Anthony_UK 9 Nov 2019 17:00:29 2,967 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    @Anthony_UK What if I vote for a party which is neither the Tories nor Labour?
    You get the tories. I don't like it, I'm not a fan of Labour and my respect and trust for MP's as a whole I don't think will ever recover after this shit show. But Labour are the only realistic option, by that I mean a vote for anyone else will benefit the tories. While I understand some wont vote Labour, either due to the antisemitism issue or a dislike of Labour or Corbyn in general, I just don't see any other valid option.

Voting with your heart and genuine feelings and voting for a smaller party should be way, but in this instance I think the stakes are too high and risks strengthening the most corrupt lying, self serving Conservative government I've had the misfortune to witness.

I can't see it any other way than choosing between the lesser of two evils

Edited by Anthony_UK at 17:01:53 09-11-2019
  • RichDC 9 Nov 2019 17:10:49 8,608 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    That is nonsense though. Maybe on a national level that holds some truth but in individual constituencies they're are definitely areas that don't just vote blue or red. I'd quite like Labour to win to be honest, but where I am is a straight choice between Paul Scully for the Tories and a Lib Dem councilor. Labour have never come close in Sutton and care so much about the area they only appear at election time and only actually named their candidate yesterday.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 9 Nov 2019 17:15:26 11,368 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Given I live in a Labour seat that is safer than when I lived in County Durham or Newcastle I have the luxury of being able to vote pretty much how my conscience directs.

It might be Labour, it might not, it wasn't in the Euros or last General but was in the county council, parish council and the PCC by-election.

I don't believe any of the ridiculous giveaways that the parties are trying to outbid each other with but I don't really believe there are many truly swing votes to win anyway. This campaign is just noise and character.
  • CHPxtreme 9 Nov 2019 17:20:34 356 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If Labour supporters wanted to ensure thst the Tories lose this election, they'd move to replace Corbyn.

It's a bit rich to ask that supporters of other parties switch allegiance to Labour when they've refused themselves to switch allegiance away from the one person that is preventing a Labour landslide.

Maybe Corbyn will win regardless, but I don't see how.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 9 Nov 2019 17:25:41 11,368 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    He won't, there aren't enough seats in play unless he somehow wipes out the SNP
  • its-H1ggyLTD 9 Nov 2019 17:26:53 546 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    The one person that is preventing a Labour landslide.
  • mothercruncher 9 Nov 2019 17:28:47 16,719 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    H1ggys been on the Haribo again.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 9 Nov 2019 17:36:32 21,502 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    He wouldn't eat that named brand middle class filth. A shillings worth of toffee from the local corner shop guvnor.
  • mothercruncher 9 Nov 2019 17:41:44 16,719 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    RichDC wrote:
    That is nonsense though. Maybe on a national level that holds some truth but in individual constituencies they're are definitely areas that don't just vote blue or red. I'd quite like Labour to win to be honest, but where I am is a straight choice between Paul Scully for the Tories and a Lib Dem councilor. Labour have never come close in Sutton and care so much about the area they only appear at election time and only actually named their candidate yesterday.
    Exactly the same. In Cheltenham the Tories and Labour each have 45% of the vote and its always very close. Labour languish down at 10% at best. Id quite like to see what Labour could do too, but here a vote for anything other than Yellow or Blue is a vote pissed right into the electoral wind.
  • challenge_hanukkah 9 Nov 2019 17:45:50 11,621 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    He wouldn't eat that named brand middle class filth. A shillings worth of toffee from the local corner shop guvnor.
    Or the 'paki shop' as AaronTurner calls it.

It's not racist or anything because reasons.
  • its-H1ggyLTD 9 Nov 2019 17:47:07 546 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    wut

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.