Following UK Politics Thread Page 503

• RobAnybody 3 Dec 2019 14:10:32 1,827 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Who would you choose as PM, the greedy, lying sociopath Johnson or this guy:

https://twitter.com/tristandross/status/1201845937292922882

I'm going to hazard a guess and state that this will get no coverage whatsoever in the corrupt right wing media. But will the Tory-influenced BBC mention it? I doubt that too.

Retweet it if you like.

Edited by RobAnybody at 14:11:00 03-12-2019
  • Graxlar_v3 3 Dec 2019 14:14:44 8,551 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    RobAnybody wrote:

I'm going to hazard a guess and state that this will get no coverage whatsoever in the corrupt right wing media. But will the Tory-influenced BBC mention it? I doubt that too.

Retweet it if you like.
    Did I miss something?
  • JamboWayOh 3 Dec 2019 14:14:47 16,041 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dgzter wrote:
    Just in case you were banking on there being a shred of common sense amongst the electorate:

https://twitter.com/channel4news/status/1201816755829641218?s=21
    Ahhh Birmingham. How I miss it so.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 3 Dec 2019 14:17:11 11,575 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    RobAnybody wrote:

Retweet it if you like.
    "The media won't cover this"

*Links to video from one of the most viewed programmes on British television*
  • JamboWayOh 3 Dec 2019 14:17:13 16,041 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Psiloc wrote:
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    Lots of traditional Labour areas are less socially liberal than plenty of Tory ones for example. Or areas where everyone is clearly a massive Tory in how they act and attitudes they express but return Lib Dems
    Yeah. From their accent I think they're from around my - very marginal - area. The reason I suspect it's marginal is because while it's very working class, Labour aren't nasty enough

What area is that? To me they sound like they're from Northfield, maybe Longbridge.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 3 Dec 2019 14:24:46 18,216 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    RobAnybody wrote:

Retweet it if you like.
    Jesus wept...

Itís fucking Phillip Schofield giving him a soft serve opportunity to do his kindly grandpa act. Itís hardly Frost v Nixon is it.

The BBC isnít having its finest moment but the Neil and Marr interviews at least had some teeth and worth to the questions.
  • Psiloc 3 Dec 2019 14:30:53 5,285 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    It seems such a strange leap to go from being a Labour supporter to voting for Boris because you donít like Corbyn.
    This is the difficulty I have with it too.
  • Graxlar_v3 3 Dec 2019 14:31:50 8,551 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Farage 'Can you tell me Boris, how much you love people and how much you care'

Johnson 'Well yes, I love everyone so very much, of course I do. I love everyone more than Corbyn, just ask how many wives he has had. How can you say you care when you have had three wives. Anyway, yes lots of caring and stuff'

Wow what a stand up guy Johnson is, he hasn't had three wives, clearly he is a man of the people.****

*** Not a real quote
    ***** please do not vote for boris
    ***** This is a parody of Rob's post, not intended to make people think Boris is nice (he is not)
  • Load_2.0 3 Dec 2019 14:32:12 30,330 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I can't believe GMB secured an interview with Santa Claus. It's the busiest time of the year!
  • CrispyXUKTurbo 3 Dec 2019 14:32:26 2,378 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just got a leaflet from this guy https://www.joseph77.com/
  • Psiloc 3 Dec 2019 14:33:03 5,285 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Psiloc wrote:
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    Lots of traditional Labour areas are less socially liberal than plenty of Tory ones for example. Or areas where everyone is clearly a massive Tory in how they act and attitudes they express but return Lib Dems
    Yeah. From their accent I think they're from around my - very marginal - area. The reason I suspect it's marginal is because while it's very working class, Labour aren't nasty enough

What area is that? To me they sound like they're from Northfield, maybe Longbridge.
    Sounded more Black Country to me. But yeah in that general direction
  • You-can-call-me-kal 3 Dec 2019 14:36:12 18,216 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Next on ITV we watch Ainsley Harriott and Ed the Duck discuss their favourite muffins with Nick Griffin.
  • JamboWayOh 3 Dec 2019 14:39:22 16,041 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's up there with The One Show and their hard hitting questions to Theresa May. Powerful stuff.
  • senso-ji 3 Dec 2019 16:13:42 9,944 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Coming back to the 'privatising the NHS post-Brexit' argument; is there any EU legislation that actually prevents the UK from opening up the NHS to the US drug companies?

As I understand it, EU member states are free to decide how medicine is purchased and distributed; so what's stopping Boris from bringing in US drug companies and jacking up medicine prices?

I'm not defending him, but surely Boris would have sold the NHS by now if the EU can't stop him? Or does he need a majority to push that through, hence the desperation for a GE so soon into his premiership?
  • General_Martok 3 Dec 2019 16:22:02 952 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The EU has nothing to do with the NHS, why are conflating them both? Also we're leaving the EU so...

Edited by General_Martok at 16:22:13 03-12-2019
  • Graxlar_v3 3 Dec 2019 16:22:41 8,551 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    senso-ji wrote:
    Coming back to the 'privatising the NHS post-Brexit' argument; is there any EU legislation that actually prevents the UK from opening up the NHS to the US drug companies?

As I understand it, EU member states are free to decide how medicine is purchased and distributed; so what's stopping Boris from bringing in US drug companies and jacking up medicine prices?

I'm not defending him, but surely Boris would have sold the NHS by now if the EU can't stop him? Or does he need a majority to push that through, hence the desperation for a GE so soon into his premiership?
    The money isnít there for him yet.
  • Graxlar_v3 3 Dec 2019 16:23:59 8,551 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    General_Martok wrote:
    The EU has nothing to do with the NHS, why are conflating them both? Also we're leaving the EU so...
    I think that was his point. Is leaving the EU will have no bearing on what we do with the NHS.
  • Drakesmoke 3 Dec 2019 16:26:35 574 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @senso-ji Political suicide to do it now. Post Brexit, we are likely desparate for US trade agreements due to committing economic suicide, so it'd be a condition of the US' negotiation. Basically we'd be over a barrel and it can be marketed in the press as such.
  • Robospud 3 Dec 2019 16:31:33 115 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    General_Martok wrote:
    I think that was his point. Is leaving the EU will have no bearing on what we do with the NHS.
    I think it's more a matter of leaving the EU opens up possibilities for a multi-faceted trade deal with the US while leaving the UK in an extremely weak negotiating position with a government desperate to announce a deal, any deal, as a political victory.

Under those circumstances the US will see opportunities to make some profit off the NHS (pharma has been one of their priorities in trade deals with other countries) and the Tories are unlikely to stop them if they're thrown a bone elsewhere.
  • Frogofdoom 3 Dec 2019 16:46:58 14,856 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The tories will soon find out the only deals trump will be interested in will be massively in his favour. If he insists pharma is part of any deal then it will be as we literally hold no cards.
  • JamboWayOh 3 Dec 2019 16:50:04 16,041 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Drakesmoke wrote:
    @senso-ji Political suicide to do it now. Post Brexit, we are likely desparate for US trade agreements due to committing economic suicide, so it'd be a condition of the US' negotiation. Basically we'd be over a barrel and it can be marketed in the press as such.
    Exactly. It has to be presented as a no choice option, that's how you get people to fuck themselves over, make them think it was their choice, that they knew were they were doing. The Brexit playbook. So when people look back they say they're smart and knew what they were doing while going bankrupt having to pay the hospital costs for surgery.
  • mothercruncher 3 Dec 2019 17:37:55 16,784 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    In its election coverage, the BBC has let down the people who believe in it.
    A-fucking-men.
  • Darth_Flibble 3 Dec 2019 18:03:33 3,761 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    the UK is fucked due to the thick skulled cunts like in that video c4 twitter link where that gammon says "the rich are going to be worse off with brexit!!" what a thick cunt, a complete stupid twat he needs to be punched in his thick head. His comment is the typical Leaver lie that gets repeated. Someone who I work with, his uncle is pro brexit and just says "we hold all the cards" (when it comes to trade deals. Apparently his uncle actually believes this.

Seems like there a ton of these fucking idiots, honestly I think they are just covering the fact they think leaving the EU will get rid of non-whites and non-british people (although EU people coming to the UK has dropped since 2016 and the gammons love it)
  • You-can-call-me-kal 3 Dec 2019 18:10:23 18,216 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Itís weird. Itís not intelligence. My brother is super smart but is convinced that once we leave the whole world will be falling over themselves to do amazing deals with us. Heís equally convinced that the whole reason why getting a deal to leave was so hard was because the EU know once we get all those amazing deals everyone else will want to leave.

Heís no fool. I donít know how ideas like these stick with smart people. I think frankly people are very susceptible to believe whatever best fits their wider agenda. You see it on both extremes of the political spectrum.
  • grey_matters 3 Dec 2019 19:11:22 4,910 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    mothercruncher wrote:
    In its election coverage, the BBC has let down the people who believe in it.
    A-fucking-men.
    And the last election, and the pre- and post-referendum phases, and the Scottish independence vote.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 3 Dec 2019 20:04:18 11,575 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/03/no-great-escape-tory-scales-fence-and-bins-to-exit-climate-hustings-lewes

It's all in the URL to be honest
  • IRWATWO 3 Dec 2019 20:26:41 270 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 3 weeks ago
    Good one. I almost feel sorry for her. Almost.
  • IRWATWO 4 Dec 2019 07:29:50 270 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 3 weeks ago
    'TRUMP THUMPS CHUMP OVER NHS LIES', says The Sun this morning.

Phew, what a relief, panic over. It's good to know such in depth investigation is keeping politics honest.
  • fontgeeksogood 4 Dec 2019 08:21:50 7,787 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    Next on ITV we watch Ainsley Harriott and Ed the Duck discuss their favourite muffins with Nick Griffin.
    Ed likes his torn into tiny pieces and thrown into a pond
  • pacrifice 4 Dec 2019 08:22:03 5,164 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    The man has no credibility. Says one thing does another. Lying and then denying he lied.

I saw some of the comments on the sun website and they're from Americans speaking ill of our NHS and promoting theirs, 🙄

Re Trump

Edited by pacrifice at 08:23:24 04-12-2019

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.