Following UK Politics Thread Page 2

• simpleexplodingmaybe 12 Feb 2019 17:08:08 11,008 posts
    Seen 31 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    She was thoroughly unqualified to be there.

The woman representing the left a gave a really strong showing. Usually whoever gets that gig ends up being a defender of heinous shit and sinking into conspiracy theory but she seemed on top of everything they threw at her bar one response on historic antisemitism.
  • Deleted user 12 February 2019 17:08:52
    Wow I didn't know she was an apprentice contestant, see her very regularly doing the rounds on news channels, I assumed she had some kind of qualification but no, apparently you just have to have appeared on a reality tv show and have extremely objectionable views in order to be given a platform to shape the national conversation.
  • Mr_Sleep 12 Feb 2019 17:22:18 22,830 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Maybe we should put Joey Essex in charge of everything. Tbh, I am not sure he would do a worse job than the current incumbents.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 12 Feb 2019 18:20:15 11,008 posts
    Seen 31 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Maybe she's seen that Hopkins went too far but has stepped up to fill the right wing ex-reality star slot our serious political coverage apparently needs
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 12 Feb 2019 18:21:32 11,008 posts
    Seen 31 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Also, I didn't mean to imply the left wing guest was antisemitic just that she was caught out on a stat about that issue in an otherwise pretty flawless showing
  • mothercruncher 12 Feb 2019 20:19:10 16,538 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Interesting graphic from a recent yougov poll:

• challenge_hanukkah 13 Feb 2019 11:21:57 11,285 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Look, Waxy Lemon isn't a racist, he's just high lighting legitimate concerns with Islam.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/tommy-robinson-video-drugs-cocaine-islam-far-right-israel-palestine-edl-a8776991.html?amp&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true
  • elstoof 13 Feb 2019 11:38:51 24,092 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    What. A. Cunt
  • elstoof 13 Feb 2019 11:40:23 24,092 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I’m really looking forward to the day he mouths off to the wrong bloke and ends up getting stabbed in the mouth, those front page photos of him in intensive care will be getting framed and hung in the study
  • TheSaint 13 Feb 2019 12:51:46 18,817 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    He'd love to be a martyr though.
  • Deleted user 13 February 2019 12:59:27
    "Taxi? Little Paki who drives a car?"

What was the username of that guy who was arguing the toss about him definitely not being racist? It was in one of the threads about the incident in Leeds outside the court and this twat was going on about free peaches and finding an excuse for all of Yaxley's previous convictions.

Would like to @ him.
  • Deleted user 13 February 2019 13:01:08
    Coked up football hooligan chatting absolute shit on his phone to himself.

And all these wankers were marching through Leeds city centre to defend him.
  • challenge_hanukkah 13 Feb 2019 13:08:02 11,285 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Jyzzy-Z wrote:
    "Taxi? Little Paki who drives a car?"

What was the username of that guy who was arguing the toss about him definitely not being racist? It was in one of the threads about the incident in Leeds outside the court and this twat was going on about free peaches and finding an excuse for all of Yaxley's previous convictions.

Would like to @ him.
    Urgh, that bellend and his cheerleader Randolph going on about how he was owning the forum with his logic bombs.

Cretinous turds.
  • nickthegun 13 Feb 2019 13:45:00 78,749 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    With Spartan bringing up the rear with a passable impersonation of a brain damaged Richard Hammond.
  • Deleted user 13 February 2019 13:50:32
    @challenge_hanukkah Ah yeah that idiot too.

I can't remember this guys username but I specifically remember him denying all the screenshots from social media where he says exactly the same thing he said in this video.

I'm sure he would just say the video is fake.

Or that 'paki' isn't a racial slur, it's just an abbreviation of Pakistani.

All out of the Wetherspoons Guide to Racism.
  • challenge_hanukkah 13 Feb 2019 13:52:48 11,285 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think I remember posting the video of when Tommy was 'ambushed' by antifa.

Fun times.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 13 Feb 2019 14:13:48 11,008 posts
    Seen 31 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    There's a video I've shared before of Yaxley-Lennon having a rally in Newcastle and the slogan from the little podium is "send the black bastards home" to much cheering from the assorted crude stereotypes in attendance
  • nickthegun 13 Feb 2019 14:27:10 78,749 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Jyzzy-Z wrote:
    Or that 'paki' isn't a racial slur, it's just an abbreviation of Pakistani.
    That was my dad's favourite. ''Stan' means 'land'. Afghanistan means 'Land of the Afghans'. Pakistan means 'Land of the Pakis' so why is that racist?'
  • challenge_hanukkah 13 Feb 2019 14:30:01 11,285 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's about time we rebranded the UK Honkyland and kicked all the fuzzywuzzys out.
  • Deleted user 13 February 2019 14:33:05
    How do you deal with a family member being like that? My step dad said some weird shit to my missus the other week. Basically said 'the darkies are taking over'. My parents live in a fairly isolated and secluded market town, where the only non-white people they will ever see are business people in shops and take aways. My step dad is otherwise one of the best people I know, he's just really ignorant.

My missus and I have been together 2 years but it's really putting me off taking her home. If we ever had kids I would seriously worry about leaving the kids there and having them come back with words like 'darkies' added to their vocabulary.

My younger bother is the same. Leave voter, never went to university like me or ever left home. He's borderline openly racist. I'm not far off challenging them and laying down the law. It will cause a massive row, because family.
  • challenge_hanukkah 13 Feb 2019 14:37:50 11,285 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I just bring up publicly that my Dad cross dresses whenever the racist shit comes out and it tends to shut him up.

Unlike him I don't have a problem with his transvestism.
  • nickthegun 13 Feb 2019 14:46:03 78,749 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    It's probably a bit easier for me because I rarely see him. When he comes out with stuff like that, I will always pull him up on it and, like I said a few weeks ago, I have told him that if he comes out with that nonsense in front of my daughter, it will be the last time he sees her.

The last major incident we had was when he used the phrase 'nig nog' in front of my newly minted sister in law, who's brother is married to a black woman and has mixed race kids and that was pretty much the last time they spoke in almost a year.

For my part, he's thinks that I'm a massive PC fanny but he does respect the fact that I would cut him out of my life in a heartbeat if it came down to it.
  • Deleted user 13 February 2019 14:55:31
    I called my partner's father a cunt the other week when he was banging on about how England is becoming islamified and we didn't win the war to be dictated to by the French and Germans.

I shan't think I will be invited back anytime soon.
  • Deleted user 13 February 2019 14:56:25
    @Jyzzy-Z Do they vote Tory?
  • StarchildHypocrethes 13 Feb 2019 15:13:36 32,371 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Told my old man to shut the fuck up the other week when I was down visiting after he started spouting some shit about brown people. Which did actually shut him up. Which was nice.

It's no exaggeration and no surprise tbh that it's only really got like this since he became a West Ham season ticket holder a few years ago.
  • mothercruncher 13 Feb 2019 15:37:19 16,538 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The worst my Dad ever did was erroneously use the word “coloured” once. Gave him an awkward “er, Dad...” speech.
    I’m worried there was a seething underbelly of nazism now.
  • RyanDS 13 Feb 2019 15:56:09 12,882 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    My dad is terrible for this stuff. Mind you he moved to South Africa in the 70's so still has that mindset.

I've never really heard him be angry or deliberately racist, as in he never complains about the blacks or anything like that, will happily host and welcome my friends whatever their race / country etc. But he displays really really poor self awareness about more unconscious racism. "He's a waste of a white skin" and such he will use without blinking. Then if called will use the "it's not actually racist, it's just an expression" bullshit that people use in the vein of "well I meant gay as in the insult, it has nothing to do with actual gays" type excuse.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 13 Feb 2019 16:39:20 11,008 posts
    Seen 31 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    mothercruncher wrote:
    The worst my Dad ever did was erroneously use the word “coloured” once. Gave him an awkward “er, Dad...” speech.
    I’m worried there was a seething underbelly of nazism now.
    There's someone at my work who often says coloured but they usually correct themselves.

They also have trouble understanding "when they have an accent".

Not good.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 13 Feb 2019 17:57:08 11,008 posts
    Seen 31 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Labour bringing back buses as an issue is such a good example of low glamour but highly necessary policy making.

The media fuss over trains because of London's commuter black hole status but buses are the form of public transport for tens of millions.

I'm fully on board with a logical rethink of reconnecting communities with sensible public transport. Plus if it means fewer car journeys it'll be a greener choice too.
  • Deleted user 13 February 2019 18:01:56
    whatfruitlivesagain wrote:
    @Jyzzy-Z Do they vote Tory?
    My brother yes. Even though he lives in a deprived, former mining industry, market town. Most people there vote tory, though it's not a safe seat, labour have taken it a few times.

I can't fathom why any of them vote for the conservatives. It should by all accounts be a labour area. Probably again a good demonstration of how labour have been so toothless since they lost government.

My stepdad I don't think he even votes.

I fear Brexit has emboldened them. It was always a fairly racist area, I remember from school.

Most people are very insular and bigoted by default.

A sad state of affairs.

Edited by Jyzzy-Z at 18:02:03 13-02-2019

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.