UK Politics Thread Page 115

• Frogofdoom 18 May 2019 21:36:56 13,982 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    People have been throwing stones at him in Oldham today apparently. Hopefully it's not long before someone hits him with a grenade.
  • JamboWayOh 18 May 2019 21:38:35 14,771 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Frogofdoom wrote:
    People have been throwing stones at him in Oldham today apparently. Hopefully it's not long before someone hits him with a grenade.
    One can hope.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 19 May 2019 10:42:07 16,818 posts
    Seen 15 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Owen Jones makes my head spin. Itís Ďastonishingly counterproductiveí to accurately describe Corbynís Brexit policy.

https://twitter.com/owenjones84/status/1129744179616260096?s=21
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 19 May 2019 10:46:13 10,925 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Maybe Owen should read the leaflets Labour are putting through letterboxes because I got one this week that promised to deliver Brexit
  • You-can-call-me-kal 19 May 2019 10:52:21 16,818 posts
    Seen 15 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Heís not denying Corbyn wants Brexit. Heís saying itís unhelpful to label Labour as an anti-Remain party (which they are) because then when the results of the election come in, it will look like the combination of anti-Remain votes across Labour, Brexit Party and UKIP will suggest the majority want Brexit. Because the problem is people saying Corbyn is a Leaver, not Corbyn being a leaver.

Itís mind-blowing mental gymnastics of the type only Corbynistas (and perhaps Liverpool fans) are capable of.
  • JamboWayOh 19 May 2019 11:02:16 14,771 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    Owen Jones makes my head spin. Itís Ďastonishingly counterproductiveí to accurately describe Corbynís Brexit policy.

https://twitter.com/owenjones84/status/1129744179616260096?s=21
    Christ. Someone actually asks him why he's denying reality and his response to throw it back and says it's your fault if you don't vote Labour and The Brexit Party clean up. Seriously, wtf?! Like you say the mental gymnastics to actually deny reality is astonishing. This just further reinforces my belief that Jones is a first year politics 6th form student. Its actually embarrassing.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 19 May 2019 11:35:10 10,925 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's certainly a bold approach to admit in the open that your own policies are bad for the party and that voters should stop talking about them
  • fontgeeksogood 19 May 2019 11:37:10 6,779 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Owen Jones never left the student Union he was chair of. Utter twat
  • Robospud 19 May 2019 11:54:41 78 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    What heís saying is true though - a vote for labour is a not a vote for Brexit, itís a vote for social justice and equality, for combatting climate breakdown, for ending austerity, and for bringing the country back together.

Theyíre not trying to boil down all of politics to one single issue with an extreme divisive position on either side. And for the people who donít care about all the issues in UK society that led to the Brexit vote and simply care about having another referendum, to just say that anyone who cares about the above issues more than a simplistic single issue party must be on the opposing side is counterproductive in their attempt to turn the elections into a second referendum.
  • disusedgenius 19 May 2019 11:57:39 10,065 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It is literally a vote for a pro-Brexit party.

Edited by disusedgenius at 11:58:17 19-05-2019
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 19 May 2019 11:59:45 10,925 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Their policy is to explore every avenue to enable a British exit from the European Union

Seems pretty Brexity to me
  • You-can-call-me-kal 19 May 2019 12:42:11 16,818 posts
    Seen 15 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Robospud wrote:
    What heís saying is true though - a vote for labour is a not a vote for Brexit, itís a vote for social justice and equality, for combatting climate breakdown, for ending austerity, and for bringing the country back together.

Theyíre not trying to boil down all of politics to one single issue with an extreme divisive position on either side. And for the people who donít care about all the issues in UK society that led to the Brexit vote and simply care about having another referendum, to just say that anyone who cares about the above issues more than a simplistic single issue party must be on the opposing side is counterproductive in their attempt to turn the elections into a second referendum.
    Itís a European election.
  • JamboWayOh 19 May 2019 12:48:25 14,771 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Cmon Kal everyone knows the European elections are totally nothing to do with Brexit and Britain's exit from Europe... Oh wait....
  • You-can-call-me-kal 19 May 2019 12:53:13 16,818 posts
    Seen 15 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    As with the post about Zionist propaganda the other week, itís just the verbatim Corbynite line with no appreciation of context or actual understanding. Possibly is literally a bot.
  • JamboWayOh 19 May 2019 13:00:10 14,771 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Maybe Higgy has returned?
  • Sharz 19 May 2019 13:16:53 1,903 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Personally I think the issues this country have are far bigger than brexit. As a result i don't really care if leave or remain at this point and now focus on the parties that will help adresse all the other issues.

I would vote Labour with that in mind except they have been terrible opposition and have let the tories do so much damage. Ok I know the opposition have limited real power but their job is to hold the government to account. They should be distroying the tories in every poll.

It is because of this I will be voting Lib Dem from this point on. I used to vote Conservative, then in 2017 switched to Labour but no more both parties are a disorganised mess. And I don't think I am the only one, some die hard tories I know will simply stop voting all together. Disillusioned with the two main parties (the system?) is probably the best word to summarise large swaths of the public.

Edited by Sharz at 13:18:59 19-05-2019
  • fontgeeksogood 19 May 2019 13:22:41 6,779 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I seem to remember you don't like forrins, user Sharz
  • JamboWayOh 19 May 2019 13:26:57 14,771 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    What kind of forrins we talking here?
  • fontgeeksogood 19 May 2019 13:29:34 6,779 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Eastern Europeans brushing past him on a bus and having the general temerity to be in his shit hole Somerset town talking in forrin.

It's all in this binder *slaps roof*
  • JamboWayOh 19 May 2019 13:34:22 14,771 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oh.. Lovely.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 19 May 2019 13:42:51 10,925 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The Labour leader has given speeches and interviews about the threat to British workers posed by the flow of migrant enabled by EU freedom of movement so maybe someone not keen on outsiders has a home in the red zone
  • Graxlar_v3 19 May 2019 13:48:15 7,751 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Robospud wrote:

H1ggy?
  • Robospud 19 May 2019 13:57:34 78 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Robospud wrote:

And elected MEPs would have more of a say on the above issues than on whether or not we get an insane hard Brexit, a sensible soft Brexit, or yet more purgatory of another year of referendums and division that will likely produce the same result.
  • Nazo 19 May 2019 14:07:53 1,041 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I donít quite understand the fuss about these elections, chances are weíll be out one way or another by October then theyíll all be out their ear anyway wonít they?
    Itís not like theyíll have any say on domestic policy.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 19 May 2019 14:22:19 16,818 posts
    Seen 15 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Robospud wrote:
    Robospud wrote:

And elected MEPs would have more of a say on the above issues than on whether or not we get an insane hard Brexit, a sensible soft Brexit, or yet more purgatory of another year of referendums and division that will likely produce the same result.
    Not if weíre not in the EU they wonít.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 19 May 2019 20:12:50 16,818 posts
    Seen 15 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yellow vested cunt James Goddard flees an angry mob of middle aged women in Liverpool and climbs a tree to escape.

https://twitter.com/paul_0l/status/1130126244941574144?s=21
  • JamboWayOh 19 May 2019 20:43:19 14,771 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yellow vested cunt James Goddard flees an angry mob of middle aged women in Liverpool and climbs a tree to escape.

https://twitter.com/paul_0l/status/1130126244941574144?s=21
    Ahhh, brilliant. Karma is a wonderful thing.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 19 May 2019 20:50:58 10,925 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    WALK ON

WALK OOOON
  • nickthegun 19 May 2019 21:08:43 78,566 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    When you're too dumb to know the difference between the metropolitan elite you profess to hate and actual working class people.
  • TechnoHippy 19 May 2019 21:16:52 15,387 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    He wasn't scared of any of them :-)

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.