• Bichii 28 Feb 2019 16:38:19 1,859 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 I'll play TF2 with you soon.
  • neems 28 Feb 2019 16:46:52 4,613 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Dirtbox

Not a clue, tbh it took me an eternity to work out it was a save game notification.
  • Bichii 28 Feb 2019 16:47:13 1,859 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Can't be bothered playing apex with you,itpisses me off too much.

We can be the Ronin/alternator/grapple hook duo.
  • Dirtbox 28 Feb 2019 17:17:51 91,178 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Another thing I'd like is a key to skip the terrible dialogue. It was bad enough the first time, but I'm clawing my hair out now.

I've also broken the game again, but because I'm glitching to places rather than the way they want you to go. There's a fallout 4 feel, look and general shonkyness to this that I can't shake.

Edited by Dirtbox at 17:20:54 28-02-2019
  • Bichii 28 Feb 2019 17:50:56 1,859 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Oh I've had so many little glitches. I've had enemy soldiers who can walk on water, who can walk through walls. A few crashes. I few flying corpses.

The dialogue isn't bad it's the acting. I'm really enjoying the story though.
  • Tomo 28 Feb 2019 18:45:11 16,678 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Cor, this does sound buggy as hell. Maybe the Steam release will be v1.0...
  • Dirtbox 1 Mar 2019 00:06:30 91,178 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    It's not horrific, but watching snipers taking a stroll off the edge of a roof and standing nonchalantly in space is pretty funny for the first couple of times.
  • Bichii 2 Mar 2019 07:32:34 1,859 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'd advise no one decide to explore the open world. It's totally messed up the story and won't allow me to do some missions.
  • JamboWayOh 2 Mar 2019 08:22:29 14,230 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well I've been exploring the open world for a while so I think I'll be ok.
  • challenge_hanukkah 2 Mar 2019 08:31:11 11,044 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bichii wrote:
    I'd advise no one decide to explore the open world. It's totally messed up the story and won't allow me to do some missions.
    Is this a well documented issue? I've been exploring fine without things fucking up.
  • Drakesmoke 2 Mar 2019 09:32:24 570 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The problem with the dialogue is two fold. It's too long, and there's no participation. I ended up walking away from the character in the church because I got bored of a fifteen minute long monologue - and she kept going as I walked away!
  • Bichii 2 Mar 2019 13:30:09 1,859 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    Bichii wrote:
    Is this a well documented issue? I've been exploring fine without things fucking up.
    Not sure. I basically headed east instead of West at the start of Caspian and did loads of stuff going to all the ?. Now the first two scripted mission are gone. I checked a walkthrough on YouTube and the first two missions are no longer available. So the storm doesn't happen, I have no vehicle and I'm doing a certain mission alone that I should have someone with me.
  • Cadence 2 Mar 2019 13:44:38 2,321 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The way all the characters talk over each other is really bad. It's like watching some terrible amateur dramatic club perform for the first time.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 2 Mar 2019 14:51:41 6,159 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Oh bloody hell this game looks amazing. Did they patch the RTX features or something? Seen terrifying stories about what they do to performance, but seems fine to me so far.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 2 Mar 2019 18:43:05 6,159 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Such a strange, strange game. Technology from the absolute top end of the AAA spectrum, lip-sync and voice acting from a bargain bucket Steam indie title.
  • Frogofdoom 2 Mar 2019 19:13:33 13,681 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/02/15/play-metro-exodus-with-russian-voices/

YMMV.
  • Bichii 2 Mar 2019 19:13:37 1,859 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I imagine paying some third party company to hire quality actors to translate to English is too much for their budget.
  • DUFFMAN5 2 Mar 2019 19:21:51 24,793 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Frogofdoom

Defo sounds the way to play it. Just as Unity should be played with French language and your native subtitles to follow what is happening. It is all about immersion.
  • oldschoolsoviet 2 Mar 2019 19:27:02 6,698 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ah, but does Sam still speak English on choosing Russian dialogue ? That's the real question.
  • Drakesmoke 2 Mar 2019 21:58:06 570 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Finished. Final level was superb horror. Brrrrr.

Got the best ending I think, which was surprising as I thought the forest people were morally ambiguous and not all bad.

And I slaughtered them like pigs.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 2 Mar 2019 23:16:47 6,159 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Funny, I got a cheap copy of Far Cry 5 a few weeks ago. Very similar genre. The gunplay in Far Cry 5 is so far behind the gunplay in Metro Exodus that it is just silly. I really, really like this game.
  • DUFFMAN5 2 Mar 2019 23:39:56 24,793 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Drakesmoke wrote:
    Finished. Final level was superb horror. Brrrrr.

Got the best ending I think, which was surprising as I thought the forest people were morally ambiguous and not all bad.

And I slaughtered them like pigs.
    Nice
    What skill and what was your completion time
    :)
  • Drakesmoke 3 Mar 2019 00:36:40 570 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

Couldn't really give you a time, I bought it the Monday after it came out and have played between thirty minutes to a couple of hours most, but not all days. Possibly around a fifteen hour effort?

About right to be honest, I could have liked one more area really, but it was nice for something to not overstay its welcome for once (I LOVE Witcher 3 but have never once completed it in about four attempts for contrast).

Difficulty - whatever the 'normal' equivalent is. Too old and tired for masochism these days, and want my time to be rewarded with progress. Immersion is more important to me than challenge. So always 'normal' no matter the game.

Edit - another symptom of getting old is having to retcon your posts after you realise you used the term 'to be honest' three times, and twice in the same sentence at that. To be honest that's a bit embarassing.

Edited by Drakesmoke at 00:37:22 03-03-2019

Edited by Drakesmoke at 00:39:27 03-03-2019
  • Dirtbox 3 Mar 2019 03:46:33 91,178 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Another minor gripe, I wish they hadn't felt the need to fall back on telegraphed, tired set piece tropes for the sake of adding variety, I'm perfectly happy just mooching around a large map, getting into trouble and mowing the bad guys down while avoiding killing the local nutters. It's as unnecessary as the completely predictable story
  • Carlo 3 Mar 2019 03:55:05 20,573 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I'm so glad I got to play, enjoy, and complete this game before Dirtbox came in and complained about everything, making it sound like a 4/10 missed opportunity, buggy pos.

Please don't buy The Division 2. I'm looking forward to it, and don't need your levels of joy. Go buy Anthem, there's lots of material there for you.
  • Dirtbox 3 Mar 2019 04:49:30 91,178 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Don't see why my opinions should impact anyone's enjoyment. It's not as if you're such a pitifully weak minded fool that they should have any bearing... Oh wait. Yeah, you are.
  • Duffking 3 Mar 2019 16:37:46 16,262 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's nice to know that after 3 Metro games, 4A still haven't realised that just because I selected Ranger Hardcore so I don't have the HUD etc, doesn't mean I don't want the fucking tutorial prompts.
  • Tuffty 3 Mar 2019 18:05:43 4,357 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    Ah, but does Sam still speak English on choosing Russian dialogue ? That's the real question.
    As I'm playing the game with Russian dub I can confirm that Sam sounds just as Russian as the rest of the crew. Definitely the best way to play it, did not like English dub from the brief that I heard. However it doesnt solve the problem that dialog goes on too long with no interaction. I'll have finished reading the subs long long before someone stops talking so I'm just doing nothing waiting for the next bit of dialogue which can last for a while. Artyom being dead fucking silent definitely takes me out of the immersion though. Especially when his fiancee is pouring her heart out to him and he doesn't respond.

Still, I'm enjoying my time with it. I'd say it's well within that 7/10 or B class game which we don't really get nowadays. Something charming about it, even through the above issues and the jank. You'll all be relieved to hear that I did find another suppressor eventually.
  • Duffking 3 Mar 2019 19:02:18 16,262 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Is there any way to force a save on ranger hardcore? Just spent 30 minutes hoping it would fucking save at some point. Sleeping?
  • Dirtbox 4 Mar 2019 00:16:21 91,178 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Yeah, you can also have it save by approaching a hot area, every time the number pops up in the lower right (that's the amount of kilometers you are from Moscow btw) that indicates a save.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.