Metro Exodus Page 10

Next Last
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 18 Mar 2020 09:48:22 3,890 posts
    Seen 57 seconds ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I enjoyed it on PC (using Russian voices) and didn't have too many bugs but that was a few mo ths after it came out I think. It wasn't perfect but I enjoyed the setting overall.
  • Tomo 18 Mar 2020 10:09:50 17,630 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I think I might dip back into tonight now I'm beyond the prologue, but it's going to have to really win me over to keep me coming back. Especially with DoomE coming out on Friday.
  • Vortex808 18 Mar 2020 10:16:11 13,757 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    PLease let us now how you find it, I may give it a go when we're all in lockdown if it's good. I enjoyed the first two, so probably will at some point anyway, but it'd be nice to hear some thoughts on the hopefully better patched version.
  • Bichii 18 Mar 2020 11:02:10 2,876 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It's a brilliant game. Some of the acting isn't the best but pretty much all other aspects of it are amazing.
  • Tomo 18 Mar 2020 22:42:46 17,630 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    PLease let us now how you find it, I may give it a go when we're all in lockdown if it's good. I enjoyed the first two, so probably will at some point anyway, but it'd be nice to hear some thoughts on the hopefully better patched version.
    I've uninstalled it. Had another go tonight, but almost everything about it irritates me and I can't get into it. Too many games to play to settle for such chaff. Huge disappointment, but glad I tried it through XGP rather than paying full whack for it.
  • MrWonderstuff 12 Apr 2020 13:58:36 3,238 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Just started this and in the first big area (Volga). Didn't like the opening, felt very on-the-rails and poorly acted. However, once out into the wilds it really feels like a mini-Stalker with some emergent stuff going on. Very pretty with everything at Ultra with raytracing on max. The dialogue is ropey (all the bandits have a problem with the word 'bitch' - like they have Tourettes and can't help but say it every sentence).

I note eastern European devs seem to take their dialogue from really bad US films and together with the rather boisterous 'hoo-ra!' goons it all seems really contrived. What's all that about? Why the need to pander to stereotypes and shit dialogue? There are some nice NPCs who are interesting and quite funny though - so I can't say it is all bad.

The world (well Volga cos that's all I have experience) is great though and really gives me Stalker feels. Glad they went semi-open world - much prefer this approach that the previous Metros.
  • Tomo 12 Apr 2020 18:33:56 17,630 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    The characters and awful dialogue completely ruined it for me. Stalker took itself quite seriously which really suited the bleak world - Metro Exodus is like a shitty big budget remake that's missed the point. God I hope Stalker 2 is good.
  • MrWonderstuff 12 Apr 2020 21:36:57 3,238 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Yes I can see that - I've played worse when it comes to dialogue and characters so happy to carry on.
  • Dirtbox 13 Apr 2020 13:47:39 91,337 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    The bad backslapping dialogue and unskippable qte cutscenes were a low point in an otherwise superb game.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 13 Apr 2020 14:24:25 3,890 posts
    Seen 57 seconds ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I could live with the dialogue but using the Russian voices may have helped if the English dub is particularly bad.

I enjoyed the game overall and it was a nice test of RTX at the time. Still hoping it comes to GOG so I can buy it with DLC (played on GamePass before).
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.