Britbox - BBC and ITV do a Netflix Page 3

  • drhickman1983 28 Feb 2019 12:47:22 6,152 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Streaming services are going to eat themselves, eventually. None of them are worth keeping for an entire year, as you watch everything worth watching than cancel (or maybe it's just me, but I've not subbed to anything more than 2 or 3 months at a time)

    As more services get more fragmented they lose value, and with no long term subscribers they'll be unsustainable.
  • TheSaint 28 Feb 2019 12:55:48 18,943 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I've never found that. I've had a Netflix sub since it launched over here and I still have a massive backlog of stuff I want to watch. Between Prime, Netflix, Iplayer and 4od I have more stuff than I could ever watch.
  • drhickman1983 28 Feb 2019 12:58:51 6,152 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Maybe it is just me, but I found I didn't watch anything for months so I unsubbed, and didn't go back for months
  • TheSaint 28 Feb 2019 13:02:18 18,943 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I guess it depends on what is your go-to service. Netflix is always my first port of call when I sit down to watch something, while my wife will always surf endlessly through the Sky channels.

    They've recently added some game shows to Netflix so I've been spending hours watching Jeopardy.
  • Armoured_Bear 28 Feb 2019 13:07:02 27,514 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I canít get even close to watching all the decent stuff on Netflix, never mind the others.
  • elstoof 28 Feb 2019 13:23:46 24,433 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Thereís an awful lot of what I consider shite on all the platforms, 95% of Netflix is of no interest to me. Iím subbed for the same reason as many though, my kids like watching Miraculous and Power Rangers. Prime is better value because itís essentially chucked in with my delivery subscription and my eldest loves Just Add Magic. I barely watch tv any more
  • elstoof 28 Feb 2019 13:25:06 24,433 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:

    They've recently added some game shows to Netflix so I've been spending hours watching Jeopardy.
    What is a complete waste of a life?
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 28 Feb 2019 13:27:40 21,502 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    My boys just started getting into Power Rangers. I was quite taken aback by how many variations of power ranger there is. I counted 416.
  • Your-Mother 28 Feb 2019 13:34:20 3,225 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    drhickman1983 wrote:
    Streaming services are going to eat themselves, eventually. None of them are worth keeping for an entire year, as you watch everything worth watching than cancel (or maybe it's just me, but I've not subbed to anything more than 2 or 3 months at a time)

    As more services get more fragmented they lose value, and with no long term subscribers they'll be unsustainable.
    What will eventually happen is what we see already with Amazon, Hulu (and to a lesser extent the live TV services like Vue, Sling et al), the separate specialist/individual provider streaming packages (HBO, CBS, BritBox, etc) will exist as add-ons for the bigger players.
  • Armoured_Bear 28 Feb 2019 13:34:21 27,514 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I canít get even close to watching all the decent stuff on Netflix, never mind the others.
  • DJCopa 28 Feb 2019 13:35:58 2,032 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    You need to reboot.
  • TheSaint 28 Feb 2019 13:48:36 18,943 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    TheSaint wrote:

    They've recently added some game shows to Netflix so I've been spending hours watching Jeopardy.
    What is a complete waste of a life?
    It's great.
  • elstoof 28 Feb 2019 13:54:53 24,433 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    My boys just started getting into Power Rangers. I was quite taken aback by how many variations of power ranger there is. I counted 416.
    My eldest still manages to demand a specific one despite the wide range
  • drhickman1983 28 Feb 2019 14:00:41 6,152 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I don't watch that much TV, it's literally only a handful of things on anything that really appeal to me. Hence I don't watch much, so it's pointless to subscribe long term for me.

    Furthermore I've been watching something, only for it to get taken down from the service. It's why I prefer physical media if its something I really enjoy.
  • RyanDS 28 Feb 2019 14:00:44 12,925 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    Thereís an awful lot of what I consider shite on all the platforms, 95% of Netflix is of no interest to me. Iím subbed for the same reason as many though, my kids like watching Miraculous and Power Rangers. Prime is better value because itís essentially chucked in with my delivery subscription and my eldest loves Just Add Magic. I barely watch tv any more
    Tbf 5% of Netflix is still more than you could ever watch.
  • elstoof 28 Feb 2019 14:03:58 24,433 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Ok, 99% then
  • mothercruncher 28 Feb 2019 14:13:43 16,719 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    imamazed wrote:
    A lot of Daily Mail-esque BBC bashing in here...
    Yea, you can bugger right off with this. Itís a service Iím strongarmed into paying for and that I rarely ever use these days. 95 times out of a hundred, when thereís time to sit down and watch something, itís via a streaming service these days. For me itís astonishingly bad value. There isnít a statin pill, elasticated waistline or Best Of Tina Turner album in sight.
  • drhickman1983 28 Feb 2019 14:17:30 6,152 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I still watch more on BBC then Netflix, tbh. Rather pay for that than any streaming service
  • elstoof 28 Feb 2019 14:27:58 24,433 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Arenít the most watched shows on Netflix just reruns of Friends and Frasier anyway
  • drhickman1983 28 Feb 2019 14:29:56 6,152 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DavidUnesco wrote:
    drhickman1983 wrote:
    I don't watch that much TV, it's literally only a handful of things on anything that really appeal to me. Hence I don't watch much, so it's pointless to subscribe long term for me.
    I imagine you're too busy enjoying life outside in the sunshine. Good for you!
    No, not at all. Mostly playing Warcraft in a dingy bedroom.
  • up_the_ante 28 Feb 2019 14:37:33 1,157 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Does this mean I'll be able to binge watch all the years of ITV Saturday night TV I've missed?
  • JamboWayOh 28 Feb 2019 14:48:51 15,740 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    drhickman1983 wrote:
    DavidUnesco wrote:
    drhickman1983 wrote:
    I don't watch that much TV, it's literally only a handful of things on anything that really appeal to me. Hence I don't watch much, so it's pointless to subscribe long term for me.
    I imagine you're too busy enjoying life outside in the sunshine. Good for you!
    No, not at all. Mostly playing Warcraft in a dingy bedroom.
    HELLOOOOO LADIES!!
  • drhickman1983 28 Feb 2019 14:53:13 6,152 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Meh, I've not been on the market for years, and half the people I play with are ladies :p

    No worse then sitting around watching Netflix tbf
  • SolidSCB 28 Feb 2019 14:55:15 11,728 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'll never understand how people can digest so much TV that they hold multiple subscriptions to multiple services. I only have Netflix and even that is daunting to me. I don't think I'll ever even get through 20% of the stuff I wouldn't mind giving a watch on there.
  • elstoof 28 Feb 2019 15:08:02 24,433 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Half the people you play with claim to be ladies
  • elstoof 28 Feb 2019 15:09:22 24,433 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    up_the_ante wrote:
    Does this mean I'll be able to binge watch all the years of ITV Saturday night TV I've missed?
    I think there are a few gaps in my Take Me Out viewing history so this will be good for me
  • drhickman1983 28 Feb 2019 15:10:32 6,152 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    Half the people you play with claim to be ladies
    Considering that I've met several of them and knew one of them before we played wow, I'm inclined to believe them.

    Edited by drhickman1983 at 15:17:14 28-02-2019
  • up_the_ante 28 Feb 2019 15:28:08 1,157 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've missed 445 episodes of The X factor so far, because I had other things to do. So those are a must watch. And then I'll have to watch all the Xtra factors, to catch up on all the behind the scenes goss. This Britbox sounds amazing.
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.