Following Remedy's Control Page 16

  • Rum_Monkey 1 Apr 2020 11:44:35 665 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    I'm talking about the maze, it's easily one of the greatest gaming set pieces.
  • Bambot 1 Apr 2020 11:45:39 1,573 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Rum_Monkey oh right, yeah itís well made for sure that bit, but didnít stick in my memory personally. Whole thing is a great game though.
  • fiery_jackass 3 Apr 2020 23:44:28 1,147 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Terrible navigation, shocking map, stupid crisis missions in the middle of a normal mission, dreadful checkpoints and some rotten boss design. What a game though. That maze sequence was amazing, the general feel of the gunplay/throw play was on the money and the levitation worked exactly as it should. Best game for me since sekiro
  • up_the_ante 4 Apr 2020 00:11:31 1,289 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Terrible navigation, shocking map, stupid crisis missions in the middle of a normal mission, dreadful checkpoints and some rotten boss design
    Agree with all those, and I'd add one more - the stupidly overly complex gun and personal mods system. Every time you open a crate and have to work out if it's worth deconstructing a level 2 mod of 17% launch efficiency to pick up a level 3 mod of 14% faster reload while nearly dead or some crap like that.
  • fiery_jackass 4 Apr 2020 01:42:56 1,147 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @up_the_ante
    and the loading times, CHRIST.
    all that baggage aside, it's so perfect at capturing my office daydreams of floating up into the air in a golden suit and launching a fire extinguisher at the guy in charge of IT security. Back when we had such things as offices, of course.
  • up_the_ante 4 Apr 2020 02:04:13 1,289 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I read 4 books during those loading screens
  • fiery_jackass 4 Apr 2020 02:16:52 1,147 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    up_the_ante wrote:
    I read 4 books during those loading screens
    fall through floor or get an insta-kill from The Former
    listen to an audiobook on anger management during the load time and run back to the boss.
    rinse and repeat.
  • MrWonderstuff 4 Apr 2020 09:22:36 3,240 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Didn't care for their previous effort as the last boss battle was just awful. Hate boss battles generally as they show a lack of imagination (oooh follow the pattern and learn what they do through lots of deaths - you will get it eventually). I'll probably bounce of this hard but as I have new shiny 2070 super is it worth a go?
  • Bichii 4 Apr 2020 09:24:38 2,898 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Haha yeah the last boss in q.break was bad but I loved most of the rest of the game. :).

    Control is excellent although the map is awful and the checkpoints pretty brutal.
  • Bichii 10 Apr 2020 22:40:48 2,898 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    That level late game where you have to turn off the satellite dishes with the red beams. My god who thought it was okay not to have checkpoints. The final dish must have five waves defending it. Such a stupid design choice. I struggled so much with that at launch, it wasn't as bad this time as the FPS is much better these days and this run I'm more powerful as I've defeated all the optional bosses..
  • Mr_Sleep 10 Apr 2020 23:03:26 23,211 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Playing through this at the moment and my base PS4 is really struggling at times. When the physics get complicated it just falls apart. Not sure the base PS4 can cope with something so complicated.

    Even so, I am really enjoying the game so far. Some things are badly explained and the map is mighty confusing but I can somehow forgive those things because it has atmosphere in spades.
  • Bichii 10 Apr 2020 23:27:19 2,898 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Playing through this at the moment and my base PS4 is really struggling at times. When the physics get complicated it just falls apart. Not sure the base PS4 can cope with something so complicated.

    Even so, I am really enjoying the game so far. Some things are badly explained and the map is mighty confusing but I can somehow forgive those things because it has atmosphere in spades.
    Oh the performance you are experiencing is light years ahead of launch week when I first completed it. By far the worst frame rate I'd seen on PS4.
  • Opti 11 Apr 2020 09:48:11 95 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Bichii wrote:
    That level late game where you have to turn off the satellite dishes with the red beams. My god who thought it was okay not to have checkpoints. The final dish must have five waves defending it. Such a stupid design choice. I struggled so much with that at launch, it wasn't as bad this time as the FPS is much better these days and this run I'm more powerful as I've defeated all the optional bosses..
    Just struggling with this atm...

    Painful.

    But the game as a whole is great.

    Opti
  • Bichii 11 Apr 2020 09:49:21 2,898 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Use pierce and retreat back to the previous platform and snipe each wave.
  • Bambot 11 Apr 2020 09:55:00 1,573 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ive finished the main story and just doing side missions now, but I donít remember this satellite/red beam/multiple waves of enemies bit. Where was this?
  • Opti 11 Apr 2020 09:57:07 95 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Bichii wrote:
    Use pierce and retreat back to the previous platform and snipe each wave.
    Thank you. My two year old now monopolising TV but I shall give that a go later...

    Opti
  • Bichii 11 Apr 2020 10:06:04 2,898 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Bambot wrote:
    Ive finished the main story and just doing side missions now, but I donít remember this satellite/red beam/multiple waves of enemies bit. Where was this?
    The arrays holding hedron down.
  • b-rk 11 Apr 2020 10:50:19 1,221 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    MrWonderstuff wrote:
    Didn't care for their previous effort as the last boss battle was just awful. Hate boss battles generally as they show a lack of imagination (oooh follow the pattern and learn what they do through lots of deaths - you will get it eventually). I'll probably bounce of this hard but as I have new shiny 2070 super is it worth a go?
    you get waytwacing and super ai sharpening tekmology! yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay 😲😲😲😲😲
  • Bambot 11 Apr 2020 11:58:46 1,573 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Bichii ohhhhh yeah that. Yeah that was quite tricky but I found it quite straightforward in the end just keeping my distance, once you get up to the last couple of dishes you can snipe a lot of the baddies out from the safety of one platform away, making it much easier to get up close and blast the super toughies once youíve taken out the lesser soldiers.

    Iím finding the three bosses Iíve got left on the side missions much, much harder. Unfairly so. Iíve got the plant at the bottom of the pit, the mirror, and another one I think, forgotten which. Keeping me from fully finishing the main game, really annoying.
  • Bambot 11 Apr 2020 11:59:47 1,573 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Opti wrote:
    Bichii wrote:
    Use pierce and retreat back to the previous platform and snipe each wave.
    Thank you. My two year old now monopolising TV but I shall give that a go later...

    Opti
    Can confirm, this is how I did it too.
  • Bichii 11 Apr 2020 12:22:31 2,898 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Bambot with the plant just land on the first platform then use maybe pierce on the centre arm. Then after a few hits the side arm will go up to attack you, raise shield then as soon as it impacts go back to attacking. After maybe fifty percent health removed it's arrow type attack with start going straight at you so for the last half just alternate between shield and shooting regularly. You shouldn't have to even leave the platform.

    Edited by Bichii at 12:24:55 11-04-2020
  • Bambot 11 Apr 2020 12:46:54 1,573 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Bichii stand on a platform? No cover?
  • Bichii 11 Apr 2020 12:50:26 2,898 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Shield is your cover, you shouldn't take any damage with shield up.
  • Bambot 11 Apr 2020 12:53:59 1,573 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Bichii okay will check it out. Rarely use shield that much as I went through a surprising amount of the game not even aware it was available. Iíd got to the security captain boss without it, and was wondering why that fight was so hard...
  • Bichii 11 Apr 2020 12:55:36 2,898 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah shield is a life saver, you need it
  • Opti 11 Apr 2020 13:42:12 95 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Bambot wrote:
    Opti wrote:
    Bichii wrote:
    Use pierce and retreat back to the previous platform and snipe each wave.
    Thank you. My two year old now monopolising TV but I shall give that a go later...

    Opti
    Can confirm, this is how I did it too.
    Thanks. All done and credits rolling.

    Great game. Feel similarly to the majority which is that the checkpointing knocks the flow a little. If the load times werenít so sluggish this would be less of a problem.

    Ash maze fantastic.

    DLC worth it?

    Opti
  • Bambot 11 Apr 2020 13:51:49 1,573 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Opti wrote:
    Bambot wrote:
    Opti wrote:
    Bichii wrote:
    Use pierce and retreat back to the previous platform and snipe each wave.
    Thank you. My two year old now monopolising TV but I shall give that a go later...

    Opti
    Can confirm, this is how I did it too.
    Thanks. All done and credits rolling.

    Great game. Feel similarly to the majority which is that the checkpointing knocks the flow a little. If the load times werenít so sluggish this would be less of a problem.

    Ash maze fantastic.

    DLC worth it?

    Opti
    Good work!

    Have you done everything else in the game? After the credits rolled it puts you right back into the action, I had a lot to mop up.
  • Opti 11 Apr 2020 13:59:31 95 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    No Iíve plenty left to do...

    Like the new attire :)
  • Bichii 11 Apr 2020 14:15:40 2,898 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Get all of the optional bosses done if you want a challenge.
  • ChiefGB 11 Apr 2020 17:03:26 12,415 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah the last hour or so of gameplay rather soured things for me. Once again remedy fall apart when it comes to ďlast bossĒ section etc. Overall I thought the game was decent but overrated. Did all but one optional boss iirc, never really used shield, may have had some bearing on my frustrations towards the end perhaps. Just thought wave after wave of crap is never really a satisfying time.
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.