Borderlands 3 Page 35

Next Last
  • neems 26 Jun 2020 13:27:56 4,902 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @DrStrangelove

Apparently they released a hotfix for Iron Bear which unbalanced it the other way, it now destroys everything.
  • dfunked09 26 Jun 2020 13:40:00 261 posts
    Seen 51 seconds ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Cheers for the reminder... Looks like it's reviewing quite well too, so looking forward to blasting through it this weekend.

Hopefully it's a step up from the last DLC!
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 26 Jun 2020 17:04:07 9,331 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Not sure I can be bothered to go back to this until all the DLC is out and they've finalised the level cap. Even with shortcuts like Graveward farming, re-earning all of my favorites every time they increase the level cap is soul destroying.
  • DrStrangelove 26 Jun 2020 18:18:01 15,236 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @neems

Yeah I was looking into more too with Amara and it's just broken.
  • DrStrangelove 29 Jun 2020 23:52:24 15,236 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    We're finding out ever more about how broken the new Mayhem scaling is. If you ever wanted to shred everything on Mayhem 10 with Moze/have a quick farm for M10 weapons, now is the time. How does 525% instead of 75% Short Fuse sound? Or how about +465% instead of +15% Fire in the Skag Den? Iron Bear is also brutal. Moze just went from least love received to completely absurd.

edit: or Zane's clone. 2170% weapon damage instead of 70%? Sure.

Edited by DrStrangelove at 00:17:46 30-06-2020
  • Flying_Pig 6 Aug 2020 19:37:26 16,688 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Free to play this weekend on PS4, Xbox, Steam and Stadia
  • waggy79 6 Aug 2020 20:14:15 2,324 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yep just created a FL4K on pc. Not the biggest BL fan but I'll give most things a try for free.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 25 Aug 2020 15:50:14 9,331 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    So the fourth DLC is Krieg-based. I think I'm up for that (and may return to play the other DLCs I've not touched yet). Krieg was one of my favorite additions to BL2 and I liked the few snippets on him that they threw into BL3.

Also... POOP TRAIN
  • dfunked09 25 Aug 2020 17:50:09 261 posts
    Seen 51 seconds ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Hopefully this will be the last bump to level cap...

Really can't be bothered grinding for guns that becomes obsolete as soon as they release the next bit of DLC.
  • Vortex808 25 Aug 2020 18:15:27 14,002 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I wish they would lower the price of the dlc pass. It's pretty expensive, although i know i would get a lot of time out of it.

I shouldn't really complain, thanks to game pass, i have only bought BL3 and will buy Cyberpunk in the last year or so.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 25 Aug 2020 18:18:57 9,331 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @dfunked09 They've said it's "the last for now". I'm in 100% agreement with you. What's put me off from playing the second and third DLCs (both of which I own) is the knowledge that guns are made obsolete so regularly.
  • crashVoodoo 26 Aug 2020 01:30:45 6,760 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    I haven't played any of the dlc stuff I dont think. The dinosaur scientist dude and the pumpkins was just the Halloween special wasn't it?

Guess when I jump back in and do some of it I won't care about getting new guns as most of mine were shit anyway
  • DrStrangelove 26 Aug 2020 04:12:42 15,236 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    I haven't played any of the dlc stuff I dont think. The dinosaur scientist dude and the pumpkins was just the Halloween special wasn't it?
    Pumpkins / ghost skulls was the Halloween event, yes. Maurice however is a permanent passenger who gives you the missions whenever any timed event is active.

edit: I'd also like to add that you've missed the best bonus content of all, the Cartels event. That was the finest time for playing BL3 so far.

Edited by DrStrangelove at 07:17:08 26-08-2020
  • FoxMoody 26 Aug 2020 08:24:27 73 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    We're going into the mind of a conductor of a poop train.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOy_Ep-4Z5E&t=0s
  • Mola_Ram 25 Sep 2020 09:06:39 24,366 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So, I bought this (it was on special), and have just started. Playing as the pet class, because I just like having summons in general.

Any general advice or tips? I played the last Borderlands for 200+ hours so I basically know how it's going to go, but are there any new wrinkles I should be aware of?
  • creepiest-lizard 25 Sep 2020 09:11:23 1,947 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nope. It's just like every other Borderlands ever.
    Apart from the Tales from the Borderlands. The one good one.
  • Mola_Ram 25 Sep 2020 09:15:25 24,366 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well, that'll do me. I don't think they're particularly great games, but they're good enough when I just want to zone out and shoot things.

I haven't really cared for the humour so far, though. I guess I've never been a huge fan of the jokes in these games, but they seem worse than usual here. Maybe it's me getting older or something.
  • creepiest-lizard 25 Sep 2020 09:22:59 1,947 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Mola_Ram
    Yeah, it's fun in its way for a blast through but the humour. God, the humour. Apart from a couple of jokes here and there and some of the comments from the enemies as they die it is pretty painful for the most part. The worst kind of edgelord cringe.
  • crashVoodoo 25 Sep 2020 09:51:08 6,760 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    I tried to play this again the other night and after 10 mins I'd turned it off.

I was very rusty and couldn't remember half of my keybinds but *down* ... *Second wind*

*down* ... *Second wind*

*down* ... *Second wind*

*dead*

It was just frustratingly stop.start that I fucked it off.

Might try again .... but then again, I probably wont
  • DrStrangelove 25 Sep 2020 15:17:12 15,236 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Any general advice or tips? I played the last Borderlands for 200+ hours so I basically know how it's going to go, but are there any new wrinkles I should be aware of?
    Two things that may be relevant for the introduction sequence (i.e. the full game in normal mode):

Don't be afraid to skip side missions because you fear you'd be overlevelled if you returned to them later. Once you've finished the main story, you can activate Mayhem mode which will scale everything with you so you can go back to all the side missions at your current level then. Mayhem mode doesn't reset the story like TVHM does.

The other thing is that element matches have changed somewhat, notably shock. Shock used to be popular because it had no penalty against armour or shields, but now it does reduced damage against those, putting it more in line with fire and corrosive which have a penalty against everything that's not a match.

Radiation and Cryo are more neutral because they have no penalty against flesh. Cryo works different to TPS, there's no damage bonus against frozen targets from explosive/critical hits/etc. anymore, they're only vulnerable to melee. Everything else does regular damage to them.

I haven't really cared for the humour so far, though. I guess I've never been a huge fan of the jokes in these games, but they seem worse than usual here. Maybe it's me getting older or something.
    It's not just you, BL3's humour is terrible. It's like 4 leagues below BL2 in that regard. Well, Ava's side mission made me smile and chuckle, but I think that was it.

Edited by DrStrangelove at 15:24:38 25-09-2020
  • Mola_Ram 25 Sep 2020 16:09:04 24,366 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wait, scratch what I said, I just met Vaughn.

Get this. He likes PUSH-UPS, and talking about his PECS a lot. He killed a guy with his ABS.

Jesus, my sides. They've split up, I don't know if I'll ever get them together again.
  • robthehermit 25 Sep 2020 16:14:01 7,955 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    The biggest disappointment for me was Tiny Tina.
  • Mola_Ram 25 Sep 2020 16:19:40 24,366 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've always hated Tiny Tina, so maybe now I'll like her more?

I dunno... I get that some of these characters are meant to be obnoxious, but in BL2 the obnoxious characters (Claptrap, Mr Torgue, etc) were at least obnoxious in a funny way. And here they're just talking about bandit selfies and shit. BANDIT SELFIES, IMAGINE THAT LOL

Maybe it's what the kids want these days?
  • DrStrangelove 25 Sep 2020 17:13:25 15,236 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Mola_Ram

That's because the people who wrote the humour of BL3 didn't understand the humour of BL2. They thought being obnoxious is what made Claptrap funny, so they made Claptrap obnoxious. That's funny right? lol. Hm you didn't laugh? Well let's try having him talk more, surely you'll get it if we just give you more of it.

It's as if they had one brainstorming where everyone shared their spontaneous ideas for stupid jokes, and after half an hour they went ok that's enough, that all goes in the game, we're done here.

Or maybe it was completely different. Imagine they picked up some random guy on the street, let him watch Monty Python's Holy Grail, and then said "ok you're writing a sequel to that, you have 5 days." That's kinda what it feels like to me.

Edited by DrStrangelove at 17:26:23 25-09-2020
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 25 Sep 2020 17:49:28 9,331 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    BL3 feels much more "written by committee". It's also very clearly playing things much safer than BL2 did, while also trying to be more "down with the kids". BL2 could be random, eccentric and borderline offensive, but it absolutely was funny. BL3 feels like a right-on dad dancing at a school disco.
  • DrStrangelove 25 Sep 2020 18:17:50 15,236 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'd still like to stress that TPS wasn't really funny either. Both these games aren't really funny, they're just non-funny in a different way. Trying to put my finger on it, I think the obnoxious thing about BL3's main game (not the DLC) is that it thinks it's super funny while TPS was more subtle about it. TPS is dryer, it doesn't try to make a big deal about its humour, while BL3 shouts "lol omg this is so funny" in your face. TPS makes its dry jokes and goes on, BL3 thinks it's so funny that it steers all your attention to its bad jokes. It does strike a somewhat better tone in the DLCs though.

BL1 wasn't super funny either, actually I think it's the individual games of BL2 and (to some extent) Tales that deserve credit for the so-called "Borderlands humour", not the series as a whole.

Edited by DrStrangelove at 18:21:05 25-09-2020
  • puddleduck 25 Sep 2020 20:13:48 1,916 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The DLC is definitely better written but the main game is so badly written it wasn't hard. That all said, I found myself genuinely loving Ricky as a side character. It's a shame there aren't more characters like him.

Edited by puddleduck at 20:14:10 25-09-2020
  • DrStrangelove 25 Sep 2020 20:28:19 15,236 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ricky? Do you mean Freddy?
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.