Borderlands 3 Page 24

• minky-kong 4 Oct 2019 14:40:40 14,398 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    "Pets no longer push the player around" is the best fix yet.
    God yes! Does it stop them walking in the way when you're trying to look at loot stats too?
  • KRadiation 4 Oct 2019 17:57:25 1,472 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think the only boss that gave me real issues was the final boss in the story. As expected but it was more from not knowing what to do... and it being a bullet sponge.

The biggest issue was being told to climb up her back, which I kept falling off which pissed me off...and then when i did get up there... it just said "that's it give her hell!
    Where?

It was only a few failed attempts later that the audio changed to telling me about some giant eye.

Well could I see this eye? could I fuck. I found it but its position was like trying to look directly at my own arse hole by cupping my balls up and hunching forwards.

Fucking shite boss design.
  • minky-kong 4 Oct 2019 20:03:16 14,398 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @KRadiation Didn't it boot you off her back and point you in the direction of her prone head after hitting that glowing spot? It did for me. [/Spoiler]
  • KRadiation 4 Oct 2019 20:40:19 1,472 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    No I'd start to shoot...and then I'd fall and be off to the side or down the back again.
  • gamecat 4 Oct 2019 20:45:02 879 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @DrStrangelove idk if Troy has some weird resists or something, but I melt him in seconds in TVHM M3 with fire dmg, would be quicker but for the tedious immune phases.
  • crashVoodoo 9 Oct 2019 14:59:27 6,397 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Got to play some more of this today. I'm on eden 6.... Still!

Thought Id done when I got the fragment but I'm back here with clay doing things n stuff. Been given a sweet rogues gun, Jacobs with homing bullets. After recently re-speccing all my points into the hunter / stalked trees I'm now a 'critting masheeen'.

The fun definitely comes in waves when you get a good flow with a weapon. Then you outlevel and have to pick something new and the fun drops off a bit until your next good loot drop
  • minky-kong 9 Oct 2019 15:07:31 14,398 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Done pretty much everything now apart from the Circle of Slaughter wave-thingys. Anyone else playing on PS4 with a Lvl 50 character who wants to team up and make it a bit more bearable?
  • dsmx 9 Oct 2019 15:11:54 8,470 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @minky-kong Yep, lvl 50 Zane if you want to chuck me an invite. PS4 ID see below.

Edited by dsmx at 15:12:16 09-10-2019
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 9 Oct 2019 15:18:27 6,533 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Finally done with Eden 6. Blimey that took a while. Hit a very strange pacing issue. The quest for the first vault key fragment had level 30-31 enemies (I was 31 at the time, hit 32 mid-quest). So all well and good. Then the whole quest for the second fragment (and the huge-arsed area that goes with it) was 26-27ish... so down to single-figure xp per kill. This is all on a linear quest-line, so not like I did things out of order.
  • minky-kong 9 Oct 2019 15:32:56 14,398 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @dsmx Nice one, added you as a friend. Let me know when works best for you, think I've got a free day this Saturday.
  • dsmx 9 Oct 2019 15:35:06 8,470 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @minky-kong I'm generally about most days but not always on my PS4, if you want to game send me a message and I'll be in if I can.
  • adamasunder12 9 Oct 2019 15:39:34 926 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Can't remember if I asked this before. What is the end game like? I ask because my mates want me to get this but the last two times I went round theirs they were just fighting the same boss over and over. Not fun
  • minky-kong 9 Oct 2019 16:04:18 14,398 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    adamasunder12 wrote:
    Can't remember if I asked this before. What is the end game like? I ask because my mates want me to get this but the last two times I went round theirs they were just fighting the same boss over and over. Not fun
    There was an event last week that increased legendary loot drops from bosses so that's probably why they've been doing that.

The endgame has been entertaining for me thanks to the Mayhem mods you can apply to make the game harder but increase the loot drop rate. The game has been pissing good weapons from just polishing off side missions as a result.
  • crashVoodoo 9 Oct 2019 16:37:56 6,397 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Bagged a leg shotty today. Can't remember what it's called but the red text is "you can't leave, she won't let you".

It has such a nice tight grouping when shot, that practically everything hits. Crits everytime with fl4k.

The reload bounces around with a shoot me sign. When shot, it turns into a singularity bomb. It really is fucking lovely.

Edited by crashVoodoo at 16:38:33 09-10-2019
  • adamasunder12 9 Oct 2019 17:03:16 926 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    minky-kong wrote:
    adamasunder12 wrote:
    There was an event last week that increased legendary loot drops from bosses so that's probably why they've been doing that.

The endgame has been entertaining for me thanks to the Mayhem mods you can apply to make the game harder but increase the loot drop rate. The game has been pissing good weapons from just polishing off side missions as a result.
    Thanks! Good to know. My mates do have a propensity of gleefully wasting hours pulling the one armed bandit lever so I thought I'd put it to you lot. I shall invest.
  • KRadiation 9 Oct 2019 19:54:14 1,472 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm getting to the point where the end game feels a little... not there.

I've got the trials to try to do within their time limit and I could farm a few bosses. Maybe play on mayhem 3 and just wander around aimlessly.... but .... I dont have any real reason to.
  • adamasunder12 9 Oct 2019 20:29:08 926 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    And..... now I'm not so sure
  • DrStrangelove 9 Oct 2019 20:34:00 14,594 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Not sure about the endgame. Currently breezing through TVHM with lvl 50 Moze and mostly blue stuff. Maybe my build's too good? Dunno. I could go Mayhem (and I did for a while) but I think the random modifiers are stupid and make the game less fun. I hope they'll add more challenge via DLC later like UVHM in BL2.
  • adamasunder12 9 Oct 2019 20:38:51 926 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    When is the first content drop due? I enjoyed the actual game, or what I played that is but I don't know whether I should just get my RNG from Destiny 2
  • DrStrangelove 9 Oct 2019 20:45:37 14,594 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    https://mentalmars.com/game-news/borderlands-3-roadmap/
  • adamasunder12 9 Oct 2019 20:46:49 926 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Cheers!
  • adamasunder12 9 Oct 2019 20:56:40 926 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Hmm, doesn't tell me all that much.

Fuck it. I'm sure there's enough value before endgame.
  • DrStrangelove 9 Oct 2019 21:07:34 14,594 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah there are no definite dates on anything (except the Bloody Harvest event is going to be on Halloween). As for enough value, yeah I mean in normal mode with only one character the game is about 20 hours if you ignore sidequests and exploration and over 40 if you do it all.
  • DrStrangelove 9 Oct 2019 21:13:42 14,594 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DrStrangelove wrote:
    As for fun and characters, after getting Amara to 50 I started new characters, tried each a little before settling for Moze for the next playthrough. It doesn't feel quite as exciting. It's still great fun, but not the same as the Doomey berserk butchery of Brawl Amara.
    As for that, things really turned good when I reached the unlimited ammo capstone skill. I'm using Dahl snipers with full auto for both sniping and as a no-scope assault rifle. Good fun.

Generally, I think Dahl is my favourite manufacturer this time. Was my least favourite in BL2, I think they just sucked there.
  • crashVoodoo 9 Oct 2019 22:05:15 6,397 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @DrStrangelove I'm definitely a Jakobs man.... have an assault rifle and a revolver that both fire as fast I can click the mouse button and ricochet on crit. Very satisfying

Edited by crashVoodoo at 22:05:42 09-10-2019
  • gamecat 9 Oct 2019 22:38:53 879 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Currently the endgame is farming MH3 bosses over and over to get the right stuff, that lets you farm the bosses slightly quicker for better stuff, all of which will be obsolete when the DLC comes out, and level cap goes up. Currently replaying as a Moze, after Amara, that farming business was getting kind of boring.

Edited by gamecat at 22:56:02 09-10-2019
  • adamasunder12 9 Oct 2019 23:10:59 926 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Yeah, no thanks.

I'll play the game up til then and move on until DLC. After Destiny I got pretty good at knowing when to stop. It becomes like a gambling addiction if left unchecked and I already obsess over way too many things
  • crashVoodoo 10 Oct 2019 07:39:06 6,397 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Well fuck you game. I completed the vault key mission and it took the jakobs revolver with the rogue sight off me. I was really enjoying the gun :/
  • adamasunder12 10 Oct 2019 09:50:29 926 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    That's a new one. I'm used to endlessly churning through the same shit for some gun that will become imminently redundant but taking guns away from you? Wat?
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 10 Oct 2019 09:51:51 6,533 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @adamasunder12 It's a quest-specific gun given to you for a single mission. Actually... if that was your best gun, then you're severely under-geared for the next boss.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.